Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow and here I thought Arwen was releasing first. Seems these two releases go back and forth with release date. Also does anyone know if Asmus said the Deluxe Legolas would be released later than the standard similar to Arwen?

Legolas looks great. his costume seems really detailed from all the pics.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that "Helm's" is spelled wrong? i never did until now.

Disappointed in the hair color they went with. What happened to the more muted light gold color that was on the prototype? Now it looks like some super saturated Crayola yellow. The likeness also looks a bit generic and worse.

WR32t3s.jpg
240820699_10157976664856968_1744350544210338024_n.jpg

Wow that’s disappointing. The prototype was really good imo, don’t think I’ll be keeping my order for this one and since I didn’t get my Aragorn from Popcultcha I may as well just get rid of my Gimli too.

the head sculpt is very good... hair color is terrible compared to the prototype pics... let's hope that in hand hair color is a lot better th anthe one that appears in those pictures...

That indeed looks horrible, more like the original release and not worth the upgrade anymore. What happened Asmus…🤭

Okay so I think some other pics look better even with the yellow color. The prototype also had plastic braids so you just need to bring some of the rooted hair forward. Also these new pics don’t have the Lothlorien cloak.
244C3417-975E-4C77-A426-6A1409FC83AC.png
B9F8C565-C666-4188-BF39-22FF4DCBCE9B.png

The main issue I have with this figure is the hair colour. It's too yellow, too toylike. It needs to match the colour on the original prototype.

Such a shame. I was planning to collect the main characters. Already have Gandalf and was looking to get Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn. Not any more. Change the hair colour and I will reconsider.

Hmm, those release pics certainly don't look as good as the promo ones. I'm still keeping my pre-order though.
I noticed that the new pics have more colour saturation. Guess we'll have to wait and see. If he looks closer to what I saw in the SS Con video once he's on my shelf, I'll be happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-02 091910.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-02 091910.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 63
As well as needing to be accurate to the film color the sculpted hair color should be the same as the rooted hair color or else the transition will be too glaring. I am hoping that the color looks a lot better in hand and that part of the issue is the lighting. Other than the hair color I think it looks really good in the one picture we have.

Holy ****....what did they do to this figure?

Between Galadriel, Arwen, the Last Alliance warriors, Elrond...they were on a role with these elves. Who thought putting this final sculpt out was a good idea? My god. What a disaster.

VERY disappointing, not just the hair colour but the sculpt as well.
The proto looked so good, this- not so much...:cry:

Hmm, those release pics certainly don't look as good as the promo ones. I'm still keeping my pre-order though.
I noticed that the new pics have more colour saturation. Guess we'll have to wait and see. If he looks closer to what I saw in the SS Con video once he's on my shelf, I'll be happy.
I was thinking color saturation too, the lighting seems yellow already. Just need to see more pics.

The sculpt and hair looks so much better there on the prototype..

Extremely disappointing with how the production version came out. Honestly tiring with how much Asmus's production figures change from their prototype. Was disappointed with their Gandalf and now Legolas. Especially for the prices they're charging for these figures. I'm glad I didn't preorder this figure early.

Will wait to see more photos before deciding.

8HAcqXD.jpg

Asmus original Legolas suffered the same problem with the hair color.

That said, the figure overall looks great. Eager to see more photos. I think I can drybrush that yellow down, so this still may be the replacement I've been looking for.

Hey Asmus, is it too late to change the hair colour to muted blonde? I realize it would be a big inconvenience, but it would surely help with sales. I didn't preorder because I knew things could go wrong with this figure. The sculpt most of us can digest, however that yellow gold hair colour is just atrocious!

Would request you to halt further production and address the hair colour please 🙏

I would be happy to wait a few more months just for the hair to be fixed. Looks nothing like the product image on the Asmus online store. Very misleading. Are they going to at least update the images there so that consumers don't feel duped when they receive the final product?

Back