Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I was surprised at how nice some of these pics turned out. I have RGB LED strips above that shelf. They were cycling through the colours and I was just mucking around with the Portrait-Stage Light setting on my iPhone 8.

Thanks! I was surprised at how nice some of these pics turned out. I have RGB LED strips above that shelf. They were cycling through the colours and I was just mucking around with the Portrait-Stage Light setting on my iPhone 8.
One day I will have a proper lighting set-up, but slowly packing for moving:banghead

Still, u inspired me to do quick cell shots, a very photogenic fig:clap IMO ASMUS did excellent job capturing an ethereal, but powerful elven queen.

ASMUS_Galadriel1.jpg

ASMUS_Galadriel2.jpg

Wow ! Amazing. Love the background.
Where’s the diorama piece from ?
Thank you and am very sorry for folks having issues with these piece, which hopefully Asmus will resolve.

Picked up the base from Monkey Depot a while ago, from Lucifer figures Dark Elf originally. There was a stair railing which I just don't use.

the Neck looks awful it’s not a scratch it’s a default in the mold by the looks of it.
And the pull in the gown is so noticeable as it’s across the front of the dress….. I could cry I’ve waited so long for these figures.
Mine has the same deep mold issues in the neck too.

One day I will have a proper lighting set-up, but slowly packing for moving:banghead

Still, u inspired me to do quick cell shots, a very photogenic fig:clap IMO ASMUS did excellent job capturing an ethereal, but powerful elven queen.

View attachment 545921

View attachment 545922
Nice! That diorama suits her so well. Great setup Sassafras!👏👏
Oh, and good luck with the move. Do not envy you there!

Nice! That diorama suits her so well. Great setup Sassafras!👏👏
Oh, and good luck with the move. Do not envy you there!
Thank you! Yeah, boxes are a pain, but glad I held onto mine now. But I am slowly packing early, as moving sux!:confused:

Don't suppose the mold issues on the neck could be steamed out with heat or something? The neck seems so soft.

Hi all,

I need your help and advice.

I am VERY uncertain about picking up the Galadriel figure based on the pictures and reviews/videos I have seen. Honestly, to me, it seems her dress is made out of too thick cloth material and also collectors report that her head sculpts skin color does not match the body skin color and lastly that she is a little bit undersized.

I started collecting Asmus figures just recently, next to MCU Marvel Hot Toys, but LOTR & The Hobbit are my most beloved movies and books so I have a huge connection to it and would love to have Galadriel in the collection.

Thank you for your opinion on wheater I should pick her up or not.

I currently have these Asmus figures on the way/pre-ordered:
GTG Crown Series, HD Aragorn and Legolas, Gimli, Sméagol, Théoden, Faramir, Eomér, Thorin and want to also get Frodo and maybe Sam.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am VERY uncertain about picking up the Galadriel figure based on the pictures and reviews/videos I have seen. Honestly, to me, it seems her dress is made out of too thick cloth material and also collectors report that her head sculpts skin color does not match the body skin color and lastly that she is a little bit undersized.

I started collecting Asmus figures just recently, next to MCU Marvel Hot Toys, but LOTR & The Hobbit are my most beloved movies and books so I have a huge connection to it and would love to have Galadriel in the collection.

GTG Crown Series, HD Aragorn and Legolas, Gimli, Sméagol, Théoden, Faramir, Eomér, Thorin and want to also get Frodo and maybe Sam.
True on the skin colour not an exact match ( and that`s been generous ) and she is undersized IMO, but even though I had the same concerns as yourself I took the plunge and got the exclusive version. She really is a lovely looking figure and I also got lucky with no neck scratch issues. I was on the thought also that if I didn`t get her now from Asmus before the exclusive sells out, I`d end up paying far more on ebay, which we all know is usually the case.
I have no regrets, so if you can afford her I would go for it. (y)

Hi all,

Other than a slight difference in skin tone with the head and body…..the figure is nice.

I’m personally very happy with Galadriel. Luckily arrived without neck scratches and pulled dress fabric. I barely notice any mismatched head and neck colour on mine.
If you have concerns about quality control issues, maybe purchase locally from a store with a good return/replace policy if possible.
83797F2A-03EA-4243-9F18-09ED399A7EE6.jpeg

Hi all,

If it helps I hadn't planned on getting her, but hearing ASMUS talk about her and seeing pics, if you can get her and exchange if there is an issue, I would go for it.

Don't use the word lovely very often, but she is. Expressive sculpt, great creamy paint. if there is a difference between the head and body, it wasn't anything I picked up on. IMO height is easily dealt with, if needed, with any kind of simple riser - like stacked tiles, patio pavers, even a suitable rock. As for the dress, in the films no way to know how stiff the lace was originally, but for this 1/6 - if needed - I would just dampen slightly and scrunch into place. Imo you can't have an embroidered fabric in 1/6 without a bit of stiffness. Think sometimes folks are scared to futz with their figs.

For the price IMO a very nice job by ASMUS. She comes across tall to me, even if that isn't real. I would definitely get the dx if posssible. Finally think her aftermarket price will be horrible, as Galadriel is a main character in the upcoming Amazon series and there will be Middle Earth hype.

If it helps I hadn't planned on getting her, but hearing ASMUS talk about her and seeing pics, if you can get her and exchange if there is an issue, I would go for it.

Don't use the word lovely very often, but she is. Expressive sculpt, great creamy paint. if there is a difference between the head and body, it wasn't anything I picked up on. IMO height is easily dealt with, if needed, with any kind of simple riser - like stacked tiles, patio pavers, even a suitable rock. As for the dress, in the films no way to know how stiff the lace was originally, but for this 1/6 - if needed - I would just dampen slightly and scrunch into place. Imo you can't have an embroidered fabric in 1/6 without a bit of stiffness. Think sometimes folks are scared to futz with their figs.

For the price IMO a very nice job by ASMUS. She comes across tall to me, even if that isn't real. I would definitely get the dx if posssible. Finally think her aftermarket price will be horrible, as Galadriel is a main character in the upcoming Amazon series and there will be Middle Earth hype.
by DX you mean to buy from the Asmus store? There is only one version :)

Hi all,

Would you consider Arwen as well?

No, I don't like 2.0 Arwen at all. Mainly the red dress and even the head sculpt, the entire figure to me looks too much like a barbie/doll.

I like the first version way more, with her sword.
Bit harsh.
barbie wishes she had that much care and attention to detai.

by DX you mean to buy from the Asmus store? There is only one version :)
Yes - didn't realize ASMUS didn't have the "regular" version e.g. that Sideshow had without the Mirror. She's waitlisted there anyway. Almost went for it, but the basin and stand is just really cool.

Back