Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty on the fence here. I'll need to see some more dedicated futzing to the hair, right now it's a little too epididymis/ramen noodle looking.

Now that Galadriel is out,I wonder if Celeborn is on the cards?

Hmm... I can?t see him making an appearance ahead of other potential new characters. Isildur, Grima, Haldir, Old Bilbo, Smeagol, Lurtz, Denathor, Gil-galad, King of the Dead, Gamling even. I?d much rather any of those over Celeborn. I?d probably even prefer The Hobbit Dwarves over him too, even though I?m not overly bothered about my Hobbit collection. Galadriel stands out a lot more in the scenes away from Celeborn. Saying that, I?d still buy him [emoji23].

I don't understand the hype here.
This figure is underscaled, the head is way too tiny, she is too short also (Cate Blanchett is supposed to be 5'7" and the figure is as small as the last Hot Toys Black Widow .)
The head is really tiny, the body is garbage and not even the same color as the head...
I regret buying this
This will be my last Asmus figure. For this price, I feel robbed.

Well that's disappointing to hear. People kept assuring me the scale was fine, but if she really is as short as BW then I just can't see that working at all. Especially if she ends up looking like a pipsqueak next to Gandalf, who was actually shorter than her on screen (although I realize she was probably wearing heels in that scene to look taller).

0ca5aca31ebcfd68a0fb20c01d497777~01.jpg

Well that's disappointing to hear. People kept assuring me the scale was fine, but if she really is as short as BW then I just can't see that working at all. Especially if she ends up looking like a pipsqueak next to Gandalf, who was actually shorter than her on screen (although I realize she was probably wearing heels in that scene to look taller).

View attachment 511415

She was also much taller than Gandalf in the books.

View attachment 511415

Yes, she reminds me of this awful Star Ace Dana Scully.
The likeness is not bad but it's more a 1/7 scale figure.
The worst part is...she is not even in scale with other Asmus Lord of the rings figure. She is way too small next to Saruman or The mouth of Sauron. I can't say about Gandafl, I don't have it.

And seriously this body...for this price...it's a piece of crap !
And you can't use a Phicen body because...well because of the size of the boobs but even without talking about that...she is underscaled and her head is too small on a Phicen body.

She definitely is a bit under-scaled but the overall package (along with the fountain) displays extremely well.

Perhaps I'm a bit biased after some disappointments with the previous two figures (Gandalf and Faramir) but I still think she looks great, straight out of the box.

A quick cell phone side by side, with and without hat...
She is just a little shorter than Gandalf.
(still in the plastic as she just got here)
20210421_002343.jpg

20210421_002441.jpg

She seems fine scale wise! Thank you for sharing the pic scumonkey.

But isn't Gandalf underscaled too ? I don't have this figure but I'll share a picture of Galadriel next to a Hot Toys
And a comparison pic between her head and the BW head

J5mwsRO.jpg

Ian0a6M.jpg

I know it's not the same line of figures. I need to compare it with my Saruman. But I don't have it with me at the moment.

It it's okay for you, it's good. But I shared my thoughts. Hate it.

Maybe Black Widow has a big head? The Mouth of Sauron should be tall likely 6’7” compared to Galadriel’s 6’4” since he was a Black Numenorean or descended from them. Numenoreans were some of the tallest Men matching the height of the Noldor who were also the some of the tallest elves usually.

Back