Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just realized my final payment email states that Taiwan aren?t delivering to Australia due to covid. May not get her for months i guess...

It?s weird, this is what I was told about my Gandalf order when I asked Asmus about it, yet I received and payed an invoice for Galadriel. I did have to pay extra for EMS that I wasn?t to happy about tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s weird, this is what I was told about my Gandalf order when I asked Asmus about it, yet I received and payed an invoice for Galadriel. I did have to pay extra for EMS that I wasn?t to happy about tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I?ve decided to not pay the EMS, i?ll just wait it out.

Mine arrived today. The extra cloak appears to be made out of silk, but it’s so wrinkled up from being jammed into the plastic bag and folded up, it needs to be ironed or steamed before doing anything with it. Otherwise, it’s nicely done.

A47C9664-60EF-4799-9371-CA388ED7B78D.jpeg

FE3A9C42-0287-4767-891C-2AFCFAE98642.jpeg

I?m watching FOTR right now and Galadriel?s hair is no where near this curly. I was worried about wetting the hair and losing some curl but that seems to be more screen accurate.

ETA Now they are doing the fountain scene and it is curly.

Couple more shots. I wanted to put her extra cloak/cape (from the farewell scene), but I had to steam the wrinkles out of it, but it won't go over her head, and I'm worried about damaging her hair -- so that little extra, at least for me, is an absolute waste, unfortunately.

_DSC3394.JPG

_DSC3395.JPG

It's the body they used. I hate these crappy after-market bodies to be honest, they are mostly junk -- especially the female ones. And the body IS lighter than the head sculpt.

As I’m uk and will probably be waiting a while yet for mine I am enjoying your pictures.

I would buy a 2.0 psycho Galadriel if asmus made her. Like the dol guldur scene.

I'm waiting for *the* shot to make a decision on getting this. Stryker is the only set of photos so far that seems to have some genuine prep put into getting everything nice.

I don't like how the dress flares at the bottom, has anyone adjusted that?

So I cancelled my order with Sideshow and I was surprised to see that not only did they refund me for my first flex payment, but my NRD as well. :yess:

It's the body they used. I hate these crappy after-market bodies to be honest, they are mostly junk -- especially the female ones. And the body IS lighter than the head sculpt.

Asmus - please stop doing this. We'd all be happy to pay a little more for a quality body on the figure. It's too important. Gandalf and now Galadriel could have used better bodies. Hope we're not going to see this continue.

So does Crown Gandalf not have that new Adam body used with Helms Deep Aragorn? I thought that was pretty decent and would be the new standard.

So does Crown Gandalf not have that new Adam body used with Helms Deep Aragorn? I thought that was pretty decent and would be the new standard.

Not sure, there were a handful of people saying the body felt loose. My does. It's not a deal breaker but I worry about it in a few years.

Back