Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She doesn't have a big head.
Because if it was that, all Hot Toys would have big heads. Yeah...for me it's more likely that Galadriel is not 1/6 scale. But 1/6.5
She should be the same height as Jack Nicholson also, minus 3cm (1,18 inches)
It's not even close.

She should be in scale with Saruman because Christopher Lee was a tall man (and the Asmus Saruman is...too small also. Not underscaled, but he is smaller than the Hot Toys Christopher Lee Count Dokku)

I don't have enough Lord of the rings figures. So it's up to you to tell me if it's okay with the other humans (Aragorn, Boromir, Elrond...ok it's an elf but human size^^)

But for me 1/6 scale should be 1/6 scale, no matter the line of figures. She is way too small compared to Hot Toys figures. And I'm not only talking about the height but the size of the head, of the body, etc.

Elrond is taller than most of my SW HT so I will have to compare Galadriel to him when I get her. In the meantime I can also compare Elrond to Gandalf tomorrow to see how he scales.

By this point I'm pretty used to other companies' figures not being quite in scale with HT (like the BCS Doctor Who figures which are a bit undersized, or the BW Ghostbusters which are a bit oversized).

As long as this figure works fine with Gandalf (my only other LOTR fig at the moment) in their own section, I'll be happy enough. The only issue would be if those two looked wildly out of scale with each other.

Now that this discussion has come up, I checked my LOTR figures and she is definitely in a smaller scale. Not drastically smaller, like ThreeZero's GoT Dany, but she is smaller in scale to the other figures in the line.

I compared her in particular to Arwen and Galadriel's sculpt is somewhat smaller and her body is thinner. Galadriel is also shorter than my Gandalf the White.

My opinion is that she would have looked better if she was scaled up a little but as is, she is one of Asmus' better figures. I have her displayed with the fountain and spaced apart somewhat from other figures, so any possible size discrepancy isn't really noticeable. But if you have her displayed side by side to another figure, it will be noticeable.

Will anyone consider replacing Galadriel's body? I saw some 1/6 seamless bodies online that look interesting..i'm still waiting for mine as asmus isn't able to ship to canada unless is go the EMS route.

I'm glad the figure was produced but was a bit underwhelmed with the results. Everything is in storage so I can't comment on the height/scale issues. I found the portrait to be somewhat caricaturish, although Blanchett has exaggerated features which are difficult to capture. It didn't stick out to me as being undersized, but if that's the case it's an unfortunate oversight on Asmus's part. I also thought the paint was flat and the tailoring lacked crispness, which could in part be due to the body. At this point I'm not going to worry about it, because despite any shortcomings the main thing is the character is part of the line. It's possible the figure may be able to get there with some aftermarket work. Will be watching to see what some of the talented folks on the forum do with her.

I looked for HT Hela pics to compare. CD5BBC5F-5E60-4CA6-BD0A-721CCF45FB80.jpeg923DC097-A477-4E77-BDAB-1D924304BB32.jpegDC5C80E1-01F4-4E3B-84B5-16F368C24206.jpeg

I?m so excited to recurve mine she looks so good, I will be making her a crown from some delicate craft wire too, I think she looks fantastic.

1/6 female body?s are all pritty short in comparison to male bodies, I think it?s difficult to find one that?s tall.

I’d have liked them to include the phial too
I know Frodo has it with his accessories
View attachment 511439[/QUOTE]

95644372f1d6a7adbf1fcd9923e1b15b.jpg

7be5ec761eaf353b97401688561154dc.jpg

f17ae1e9b9fb9d9ca094366441c2d9a1.jpg

f410b321704d6ee2cbaf71bd6fdd38a4.jpg

2e5f91dfbc2a50974f52081c91a27dfe.jpg

34bb39f263b7ba25489938c261e59af7.jpg

I think Asmus has come along way since the early days, I?m impressed! Only minor gripe would be the hands and feet feel a bit flimsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you do anything to hair? She seems to be lacking the frizz others have?

Back