Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this set on order, but alas, life has gotten in the way. I will be unloading all of my collectibles over the next couple weeks. Since I don't have a paid membership here I will resort to eBay. I'll be offloading all of my asmus figures (LOTR and Hobbit) as well as my Hot Toys Star Wars figures. Sorry for the shameless plug...I wish I could continue to collect...Asmus is churning out some great stuff lately.

I had this set on order, but alas, life has gotten in the way. I will be unloading all of my collectibles over the next couple weeks. Since I don't have a paid membership here I will resort to eBay. I'll be offloading all of my asmus figures (LOTR and Hobbit) as well as my Hot Toys Star Wars figures. Sorry for the shameless plug...I wish I could continue to collect...Asmus is churning out some great stuff lately.

It hurts to hear something like this every time.

I wish whatever is bothering will go away asap,
there are far more important things in life than toys !

Surprised this hasn't been posted.
15220073_10153914117566968_5771302211235459339_n.jpg

Wow! Real chain? That's impressive!

You know, it's cool little touches like this (plus their willingness to engage with us) that keep me coming back to this company.

Thank you, Asmus.

Hope the rough times pass quickly for you mate, life can be cruel at times, thats for sure. Everything you sell, can be bought again someday, good luck!

Just got invoiced by Asmus for the balance on Frodo and Sam, and they said it should be shipping out next week! Looking forward to checking this set out before the end of the year (they could well be my last 1/6th scale figures for 2016 with the delays from HT and Sideshow). Review up soon!

I was so excited when I saw that email this morning. So these are about to ship and we just saw the Legolas update and in that thread they also mentioned Gimli so all we need now is something on Boromir.

I will be collecting this line as far as it goes but I will breath a big sigh of relief when I have the entire Asmus made fellowship on display.

Just paid my invoice also. It is amazing they can get these out so quickly. The time from order to receiving it is a lot less then just the delays from other companies. Hopefully the last 3 aren't far behind. It will be great to have the full Fellowship.

Just paid my invoice also. It is amazing they can get these out so quickly. The time from order to receiving it is a lot less then just the delays from other companies. Hopefully the last 3 aren't far behind. It will be great to have the full Fellowship.
Well, if you remember, they stated they weren't going to be showing the protos until the production was well under way. So less time to delivery. Think they got frustrated with making endless alterations based on feedback and that causing delays.... Aragorn for one.

I think I prefer this way. The 'buy-it-if-you-like-it' way with a quicker release pattern. Even HT has gone the Sideshow route with over a year delay between preorder and delivery.

And as much as I enjoy feeling like we have a say in the final product, the reality is the feedback is generally unproductive and it is never a consensus.

What a pleasant surprise getting the invoice! I've been so excited for these and now they're going to be here soonish! :yess:

I think I prefer this way. The 'buy-it-if-you-like-it' way with a quicker release pattern. Even HT has gone the Sideshow route with over a year delay between preorder and delivery.

And as much as I enjoy feeling like we have a say in the final product, the reality is the feedback is generally unproductive and it is never a consensus.

Agree with your last sentence.

It is a nice surprise to not have to wait so long. I have had the 9th Doctor paid off since June when he was supposed to be released and the Hobbits who just went up for order will probably beat him to my door. The turn around time is pretty amazing.

Does Asmus email out shipping notices with tracking numbers? Or do they just ship with no further information? I got the request to make the balance payment over the past weekend with a note indicating the set will ship out this week. Should I be looking out for a shipping notice, or it'll just arrive in the post with no notice?

Back