Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Asmus email out shipping notices with tracking numbers? Or do they just ship with no further information? I got the request to make the balance payment over the past weekend with a note indicating the set will ship out this week. Should I be looking out for a shipping notice, or it'll just arrive in the post with no notice?

They just show up without notice. Since it is US Postal service over here, I usually find out when I get the "we missed you" orange card at my door.

On Gandalf the Grey I got a shipping notice emailed to me two days after he showed up at my door.

Finally got around to pre-ordering this pair from Sideshow! Can't wait to add them into my display!

Alarmist! I still see Frodo and Samwise and Merry and Pippin.

BUT... Frodo and Sam are SOLD OUT.

Merry and Pippin are still available.

Still hoping for a 'slim' Frodo pack.

Just checked, do not see either. Could you drop direct links to pages with hobbits. Just do not get it, why they are not shown in the LOTR category, nor I could see them in the search.

Yeah but if you search their store or put Pippin or Merry in your cart it says they don't exist. At least when I just tried it. I hope they sell well. I would think if they sold out of all four hobbits then maybe we could see a second release that is pre-Lothlorien. It's probably too much to hope for them in armor (Rohan, Gondor and Orc) because of the research and delevopment costs but new cloaks, belts and the Weathertop swords and scabbards would be a fantastic addition.

Can't wait for some in hand pictures or better yet for them to arrive.

Yeah but if you search their store or put Pippin or Merry in your cart it says they don't exist.

I just can't imagine they are all sold out. What brought that on suddenly? Unless Asmus unloaded them all on some retailer... in which case they will be available somewhere.

Of the 4 hobbits I only want Frodo, so I hope he becomes available in some other way than having to buy the two-pack.

I just sent them an email.

Merry and Pippin were there last weekend, but by the time i got the funds to buy them, they were gone :(

they are still listed as "available now".

Now I see. I was browsing their store: https://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=41
And there were all four hobbits available until Thursday or so. Now they just not listed at all, not even on sold out pages.

UPD:
Sorry, but see no Sam in that sculpt and Frodo is not so good too. :(
15542420_1621973624773853_5377774270848466547_n.jpg
15542030_1621973644773851_2466509458669098704_n.jpg
P.S.: Really hope there will be some alternative sculpts, but that will make these 300+$

Last edited:
The tailoring is nice. I'm not sure if I'll pick this up. Are there video reviews of these two?

edit: Fellowship of the Ring released 15 years ago this week. :horror

I will withhold my judgement until I have them in hand. So far all of my Asmus figures have looked better in person. All that being said Sam's picture above has me a little concerned.

I paid over a week ago and just waiting for it to arrive. People said no shipping notice so I'm just waiting it out. Hopefully arrives before the end of the week!

Got a fairly quick response from the Asmus customer service team:

"Thank you for reaching out and for shopping with us. We want to apologize that as we are experiencing some delay due to the big traffic at the end of the year, we can only ship the orders for Frodo and Sam later this week. We will send you the tracking number once we ship your order. Again, we are sorry for the wait and the inconvenience the delay caused."

Great that they responded to give us an idea on what's going on. I suspected there would be a huge Xmas rush. At least we know they're shipping out soon now.

It is surprising but it is true that it is not easy to find Pippin+Merry anywhere. Even on ebay there are not many unless you are willing to pay $250+

I just can't imagine they are all sold out. What brought that on suddenly? Unless Asmus unloaded them all on some retailer... in which case they will be available somewhere.

Of the 4 hobbits I only want Frodo, so I hope he becomes available in some other way than having to buy the two-pack.

Back