Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is surprising but it is true that it is not easy to find Pippin+Merry anywhere. Even on ebay there are not many unless you are willing to pay $250+

Well I'm happy for Asmus that they finally sold thru. I hope Frodo appears solo somehow. Otherwise I guess I'm doomed to use the old Sideshow Frodo for my now nearly all Asmus 'Rings' display.

They are not sold out, they just disappeared from their store.
Usually you could see the figure and see the sold out sign, but this time all pages are deleted. It is weird.

Now I see. I was browsing their store: https://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=41
And there were all four hobbits available until Thursday or so. Now they just not listed at all, not even on sold out pages.

UPD:
Sorry, but see no Sam in that sculpt and Frodo is not so good too. :(
View attachment 311154
View attachment 311155
P.S.: Really hope there will be some alternative sculpts, but that will make these 300+$

Why do the chin and mouth look crooked/deformed on both sculpts? It's almost like their old caricature style such as with the "Night Guard" or Ace Ventura. Hoping for more in hand photos to prove me wrong.

Now I see. I was browsing their store: https://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=41
And there were all four hobbits available until Thursday or so. Now they just not listed at all, not even on sold out pages.

UPD:
View attachment 311154
View attachment 311155
P.S.: Really hope there will be some alternative sculpts, but that will make these 300+$

What happened?! These look nothing like the "prototypes" (which they said were final) ):

UPD:
View attachment 311154
View attachment 311155

What happened?! These look nothing like the "prototypes" (which they said were final) ):

Personally I think they look better than the prototypes (which isn't saying much).

They arent that bad, I'd say if we repaint Frodo's eyes and make them a bit bigger, we might be able to bring more likeness out of the sculpt. Sam, well it looks ok to me. I will try to snatch them sometime during next year.

I hope Frodo appears solo somehow.

Same here. Only have so much space and as much as I really don't care for that sculpt, I'd be tempted to pick him up on his own and look into commissioning something. Or just go with his Ithilien look...

chap5529_zps0edcdc4a.jpg

I think the picture they just put up on their Facebook looks a lot better than the last picture posted on here.

I got my shipping notice too. Cannot wait for these to arrive!

I think the picture they just put up on their Facebook looks a lot better than the last picture posted on here.

Are that the figures they used for the promo shots? Samwise's cheeks don't blush as much (which is a good thing).

They actually look really good in those pics, truth be told. The "looking down at the ring" may be strategically covering Frodo's short chin, but it works, and he does that **** a lot.
Sam is pretty good once you get his clothes bunched up around his neck so he doesn't have such a slim neck. The tailoring is absolutely top notch, though.

Neither are perfect and I won't be getting them, but seems like people will be more pleased with these than expected.

If you mean this:
15591388_10153978990781968_1257313695328121507_o.jpg
Well, Frodo is still not there. And I could not unsee the wrong nose and strange looking eyes of Sam.
But to be fare, I love their outfits.
Here are boxed pics:
15621616_1621973701440512_5537926797406769571_n.jpg
15541319_1621973631440519_8993135830906019306_n.jpg

Back