Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can live with the Sam sculpt, as Sam in the books was heftier. Frodo though would have been better. Here's to hoping Asmus can revisit this Frodo head sculpt as he is the main actor in the movie.

All I need now is a proper Gimli. Please Asmus, let Gimli be the next one.

Does the exclusive not come with the Sideshow figs? I didn't see it in the pre-order pics :huh

Good question. All the previous exclusives that Asmus has done have come with the Sideshow orders. I'm hoping that pattern continues.

The extras should come with all pre-order sets. So I expect Sideshow POs will have the extra parts. :)

Way back in this thread I made a comment about how it looked like asmus didn't use my sculpt at all, after which they replied that they had only re-sculpted the hair. It's pretty obvious they've changed so much on my original sculpt. The nose, lips, chin, hair. I really can't see my sculpt in there at all.

I bring this up because I spent months working on this portrait, mainly because their art director was very particular about the look of the sculpt. I was fine with that, and once it was finished I was very proud of the final piece. I really don't know why they felt they needed to change the sculpt. I was really excited to contribute to this character and have a licensed product available that I had worked on, but I'm bummed that things turned out the way they did.

02fefa_5b436ba0f5f242488aac8ec54b27bf1c~mv2_d_2048_2048_s_2.jpg

Way back in this thread I made a comment about how it looked like asmus didn't use my sculpt at all, after which they replied that they had only re-sculpted the hair. It's pretty obvious they've changed so much on my original sculpt. The nose, lips, chin, hair. I really can't see my sculpt in there at all.

I bring this up because I spent months working on this portrait, mainly because their art director was very particular about the look of the sculpt. I was fine with that, and once it was finished I was very proud of the final piece. I really don't know why they felt they needed to change the sculpt. I was really excited to contribute to this character and have a licensed product available that I had worked on, but I'm bummed that things turned out the way they did.

02fefa_5b436ba0f5f242488aac8ec54b27bf1c~mv2_d_2048_2048_s_2.jpg
ljhairback.jpg
317.jpeg
It is not perfect, because Elijah has slightly more masculine chin, but it is as good as it could get. I really puzzled, why did they change that scuplt.

What a shame. That Frodo sculpt is fantastic, Caine. Asmus should have had you doing all of their portraits for these figures.

Way to go, Asmus. So disappointed in this line.

Definitely puzzled by changing Caine's sculpt. Still I love this set and waiting to order once I see some in hand pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I agree with what everyone is saying. It's almost as if Asmus doesn't have the actors license and if a sculpt starts looking to much like the actor they have to rework it to look like a goofy cosplayer. Why else would you discard that perfect Caine sculpt and original Gandalf sculpt? Idk... It just seems very odd to me. Especially since they seem to nail there orcs and mouth of sauron. Even after hairing my aragorn I eventually sold him because I got sick of looking at a cosplayer. The way I see it if you are gonna be in the sixth scale market charging 200$+ a figure you had better produce at least a 95% likeness. If I wanted to merely collect look alikes I would stick to the Figuarts line or Mattel. But that's just me. Sorry for my rant but this line just has so much potential and my favorite movies I would sell my entire collection for a few spot on members of the fellowship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I messaged sideshow and bbts regarding the mithril coat exclusive. Both responded indicating that their stock will NOT include the mitral coat since it seems to be an asmus website exclusive. Which is different to what asmus themselves have said i thought. Strange.

Might be that since the coat was just announced, they haven't yet contacted their distributors about it. I would think, if Asmus said it's included in all preorders, that's what's going to happen.

Or maybe I'm just an optimist :)

Back