Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so just checked my Frodo slim and he has pure blue eyes no yellow specks like in promo pics. But the sculpt matches everything else. And the box says Slim so not sure which batch I got. Picked up Slim Frodo and Sam from a Canadian comic shop a little over a year ago.

Edit: just checked and Frodo/Elijah Wood has barely any yellow specks so I guess pure blue is more accurate anyway.

Well I was the first person to get the horrible green-eye with brown stars, pale Frodo head... which Asmus quickly did away with, and promised a replacement... many years ago now.

At first Asmus claimed it was an upgraded paintjob, but after enough people complained, they went back to the original paintwork on further Frodo heads. So at this point there are actually three different paintjobs on the v2 Frodo heads to be had. Over the years, Asmus has made promises of a replacement head, the last of which was supposed to be available Summer 2019 but it never materialized. Asmus has been silent on the matter ever since, and has not responded to posts (like the above) or PMs.

I assume this new reissue will have the proper blue eyes and warmer skin tone and darker hair.

I would love to get a proper blue-eyed head like the pictures show.

Here's the comparison... I got the one on the right direct from Asmus store...

Slim vs Expansion Frodo Head COMP 3-11-21 (1).jpg

Quite literally the one on the right looks dead.

How strange there are so many variants for Frodo 2.0 Slim. Think Asmus should do a 3.0 and knock it out of the park whenever Gollum gets revealed.

Well I was the first person to get the horrible green-eye with brown stars, pale Frodo head... which Asmus quickly did away with, and promised a replacement... many years ago now.

At first Asmus claimed it was an upgraded paintjob, but after enough people complained, they went back to the original paintwork on further Frodo heads. So at this point there are actually three different paintjobs on the v2 Frodo heads to be had. Over the years, Asmus has made promises of a replacement head, the last of which was supposed to be available Summer 2019 but it never materialized. Asmus has been silent on the matter ever since, and has not responded to posts (like the above) or PMs.

Yes. We've being told these heads will be produced with the second run of Frodos, which is happening. So... it is strange that there is no update on the head-exchange situation.

Hi all, this time the Frodo LOTR014S and Sam LOTR015S we posted on official website are restocked figures, just to satisfy some of our fans who missed the previous batch to purchase them. Thank you for your attention about theses characters.

Thanks! Been waiting for this.

Ordered!

I might be wrong. It seems that Asmus replaced the promo images with new ones with brown eyes in their store for the new batch. Because I found other images from Google with blue eyes, which can not be found in the store anymore. So it seems the new batch won't have the blue eyes after all?

I might be wrong. It seems that Asmus replaced the promo images with new ones with brown eyes in their store for the new batch. Because I found other images from Google with blue eyes, which can not be found in the store anymore. So it seems the new batch won't have the blue eyes after all?

I ordered a Frodo after seeing it was available, so I'll let you know what colour the eyes are once I get it (hopefully in 1-2 weeks).

Hi all, regarding to the new Frodo (LOTR014S) we restored recently, there are some answer to feedback the question as above.

Improvement: we did the improvement in head sculpt painting and some details, please refer our new photos posted on our official website.

Eyes: In previous batch of our Frodo Baggins, the iris/pupil color we did use the "bright blue" such as the movie actor [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Elijah Wood, but we found that if the iris color is so light, the hobbit figure will looks like a Barbie, not so accurate. So, we did a little bit change in iris color to " Tone down blue" i[/FONT]n the new version[FONT=arial, sans-serif], you can zoom in the new photo of Frodo and discover the color is still blue as well (not so bright).
[/FONT]

I assume this new reissue will have the proper blue eyes and warmer skin tone and darker hair.

Hello, for some customers who bought our Frodo Baggins before and claimed about the replacement head for him. We do prepare few new head for you if you still want to change it.
Please send a aftersales mail to our service mailbox and also attached the photos of your Frodo's head and related contact info. We will start collecting them and proceeding the replacement. Thank you.

Hi all, regarding to the new Frodo (LOTR014S) we restored recently, there are some answer to feedback the question as above.

Improvement: we did the improvement in head sculpt painting and some details, please refer our new photos posted on our official website.

Eyes: In previous batch of our Frodo Baggins, the iris/pupil color we did use the "bright blue" such as the movie actor [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Elijah Wood, but we found that if the iris color is so light, the hobbit figure will looks like a Barbie, not so accurate. So, we did a little bit change in iris color to " Tone down blue" i[/FONT]n the new version[FONT=arial, sans-serif], you can zoom in the new photo of Frodo and discover the color is still blue as well (not so bright).
[/FONT]

Perfect! Thank you for the update.

Already ordered on weekend :)

Hello, for some customers who bought our Frodo Baggins before and claimed about the replacement head for him. We do prepare few new head for you if you still want to change it.
Please send a aftersales mail to our service mailbox and also attached the photos of your Frodo's head and related contact info. We will start collecting them and proceeding the replacement. Thank you.

Yes! Great news, thank you. Sending email...

I just looked at the photos on Asmus site and they do look very dark... in fact, they look a lot like the dark green-eyed Frodos that we are all looking to replace.

[/FONT]

Rovi, I am so relieved to hear about the replacement head availability at last... but I just want to make certain that this is the correct head for replacement.

I did look at the new pictures but the eyes look very dark, like brown eyes. The change in paint because the irises were too light was actually the same excuse used three years ago for the initial batch of dark green-eyed Frodos with brown stars in their eyes that made the figure appear to have brown eyes from afar. The complaints back then spurred Asmus to go back to the bright blue eyes because from afar they look more like Frodo's brilliant blue eyes. After all this time, I hope we have not circled back to the exact same problem as before.

Is it possible for you to post a picture here of the actual in-hand Frodo updated head for us to see?

Here is what the eyes look like in the new pictures, cropped for close-up:

icon 1.jpg

And here's one of the new full length pictures:

Asmus updated pics - green eyes w- brown stars again  5-31-21 (3).jpg

Last edited:
Back