Asmus Toys - Bard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Sideshow e-mail update saying this would be in the warehouse in October. (I'm guessing late October since it pushed back my Flex payment to November. My Flex schedule is for the 15th of the month.) Tauriel is still showing as October. I wonder if they'll both show up around the same time or if she'll get pushed back a little.

Asmus Toys:Bard - page 3 - ACTION DOLLS

5.jpg

Bard is in stock in their store so hopefully they will be shipping to the overseas stores soon. If I hadn't already paid for mine I'd switch just to see if it is faster getting it straight from Asmus.

Lol. I had him preordered there at one point but switched to a different retailer because bbts has been so slow in getting the others.

Huh. Last month Sideshow pushed back my Flex schedule a month. I'm not supposed to receive mine till November. Interesting.

I bet it has a lot to do with Sideshow picking this line up for distribution kind of all at once. I'm sure things will start evening out with them once they get past the initial couple of months. Luckily I'm not in a huge hurry to get this guy. Need to make some space in the collection first.

I'm not even sure if I'll keep Bard and Tauriel. I had a chat with my wife as we don't have a lot of space. We love the LOTR so I think collecting that line is more important than the Hobbit for us. I'll buy the important hobbit figures, Bilbo and Thorin. Maybe if something blows me away I'll get it but otherwise I'll have nowhere to pose them. Who knew I'd be the responsible one when it came to collecting....what am I saying, I'm sure I'll cave and buy them all in the end. 😂

Got my Bard yesterday. I haven't had time to take any pictures yet. My first impressions are that the figure came out great. The production head came out better than the proto. Asmus did a super fine job with the shading, especially in the cheek and the jaw areas which greatly enhance the likeness. I think I was originally expecting this figure to be a 7-8 but I'd give it a solid 8-9.

The coat is a lot stiffer than I would have imagined. It makes it very difficult to expose the fur along the lapel area. Might have to take it off and iron those, unless someone else has a better idea.

Sorry, I tried to get some decent pics with indoor lighting because we're socked in by clouds and rain, but they only came out so so.
042.JPG
032.JPG
029.JPG
028.JPG

It's straight out of the box. No time to futz with anything. Joints are very tight. It poses nicely without a stand. Here's just a couple more pics with an attempt to open the collar up a bit.
043.JPG
047.JPG

Nice looking figure :) Its on my loooong wish list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back