Asmus Toys - Bard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but did not work with the app either. Today it's ok !
:)

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

I continue with some old stuff. Bard is done. I remade a new shirt from scratch with a more in scale fabric, painted the beard because it was not noticeable on mine, gave a heavy weathering, re tailored the coat, and of course haired it... Asmus made a good job with this one, it's a good base to work.
:)

Awesome. What did you get that fabric from?
Thanks,
m.

^ Congrats on getting him, I managed to track one down last year for my Hobbit shelf and was very impressed with it. Great figure. Not sure about the forearm issue thing but I managed to break a peg whilst swapping the hands, they seem quite delicate so be careful!

Better late than never...

I initially passed on this figure when first released, as I was going to concentrate on just the LOTR line but ever since picking up Thorin and Bilbo, I felt this one was needed, as I liked the character and it would compliment the other two main characters very well (Man, Dwarf and Hobbit...)

I've been regretting passing on this figure and have been looking to pick him up for some time but secondary market prices have been too much for me. I recently came across a fantastic deal (minus the box) and quickly snatched it up.

I have to say that even though the posts on this thread have been very positive, I wasn't expecting much but was truly surprised on how well he came out.
The Head sculpt looks fantastic and the outfit captures the simple designs extremely well.

I'll be doing some additional quick futzing and pose tweaking and quickly put him on display.

BtB 1.jpg

Last edited:
Got one new and sealed in original brown shipper a few months ago for a hefty price but so worth it! Amazing figure. By Durin I want more Hobbit figures… At least Diamond Select said they’re gonna do some Hobbit characters soon, so it’ll get some love even if it’s not 1:6 scale.

Got one new and sealed in original brown shipper a few months ago for a hefty price but so worth it! Amazing figure. By Durin I want more Hobbit figures… At least Diamond Select said they’re gonna do some Hobbit characters soon, so it’ll get some love even if it’s not 1:6 scale.
Cool, I'll be buying - will keep an eye out.(y)

Back