Asmus Toys - Bard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pictures are starting to break me down... might have to get this guy after all. I haven't ordered him yet because I don't know where I would put him, especially once The Mouth appears.

Got an email from Sideshow today saying Bard won't be shipped till July or August. :(
Do we know what's going on with that yet? I just got two emails saying Tauriel and Gandalf were pushed back. This is the third or fourth (?) time all the Asmus figures have been pushed back on Sideshow. I know they're fixing what went wrong with Tauriel's headsculpt, but other places have Bard in stock, so why does Sideshow keep pushing them back? (Sorry if the answer is really obvious, by the way. I'm still rather new to sixth-scale collecting, so delays like this could be perfectly normal and I'd have no idea. :eek:)

I believe Sideshow's shipment will include the improved Tauriel heads and fixed Bard forearms. (Asmus confirmed that a while back.)

And actually, I think this is maybe the fifth or sixth time Sideshow has pushed back my order for these two (and several others). I think they're all part of the same shipment to the US and they were held up by the two fixes. Here's hoping this is the last time they get pushed.

Ah, I had forgotten about Bard's forearms! And I'll second the hope for this being the last time! (Though I also want to say I really appreciate Asmus taking the time to make the fixes for better products.)

I have Bard from the first batch. Luckily so far no forearm issues for me. Overall I think you will find the wait worth it. It really is a well done figure in my opinion. More bare bones than Aragorn and Saruman but the sculpt and paint is very well done and the black arrow is nice as well.

I would be all over this figure If I cared more about the Hobbit films. The only figures out of those three movies I would really be willing to invest in would be Bilbo and Thorin. I actually quite hope for the former to happen sooner than later. Even though I really like the look of Bard.

While the Hobbits are a far cry from LOTR, I still love being in Middle Earth enough to where I find enjoyment in them.

I would be down for Thorin, will be buying any elves made for sure - an Elrond from any movie would be welcome.

Dain on his Warboar would be amazing with the level of quality the new releases are coming in at (but Gimli first please).

Azog and Bolag could be really cool as well.

Gollum from any film will also be very welcome, especially if they can get the articulation right without making the joints look crazy obvious on his little naked body.

While the Hobbits are a far cry from LOTR, I still love being in Middle Earth enough to where I find enjoyment in them.

I can respect this statement, but sadly can't say the same. Something about the Hobbit films pulled me out of that for whatever reason. I couldn't connect with the world the same way as LOTR, outside the shire and Martin Freeman's debacles with a troupe of Dwarves and a nosey Wizard....

"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"All of them at once," said Bilbo.

I would be down for Thorin, will be buying any elves made for sure - an Elrond from any movie would be welcome.

Elrond has been confirmed by Asmus, I asked them a few months back. Thranduil is up in the air, I guess? No noise on him since those show photos of the prototype clothing.

Gollum from any film will also be very welcome, especially if they can get the articulation right without making the joints look crazy obvious on his little naked body.

Honestly, I think of all places Asmus should look, they should reference the NECA Gollum/Smeagol. Yes, he has joints throughout, but I just don't see a rubber sleeved figure achieving anything that open joints can. It'll be a trade off of articulation for aesthetics, and here it is not only okay, but likely necessary.

Got mine a little while back. He looks terrific!

But I immediately snapped off one of the wrist pegs putting him together. :monkey2

Gonna PM Asmus to see if I can get some more. I'd actually be more than willing to buy a bunch. You can never have too many wrist pegs!

Yea, I always wondered why companies don't offer packs of replacement pegs for sale. It would relieve a lot of stress changing hands on a lot of figures.

Yea, I always wondered why companies don't offer packs of replacement pegs for sale. It would relieve a lot of stress changing hands on a lot of figures.

Why they keep using those ridiculous small pegs in the beginning? I prefer SSC solution of equipping each hand with its own peg. Almost impossible to break.

Yes, I think the sideshow way is the best method too, that way is so quick and easy.

I am surprised no one made a youtube review of him. Might not be the most popular LOTR character but I am happy I have him in my collection.

Sideshow has this for free shipping for a limited time. Tempted to order soon and hope I get enough spook points to drop the price even more. Always wanted Bard and I just haven't pulled the trigger on the line yet and I really want too even with some of the issues.

Sideshow has this for free shipping for a limited time. Tempted to order soon and hope I get enough spook points to drop the price even more. Always wanted Bard and I just haven't pulled the trigger on the line yet and I really want too even with some of the issues.

He is also up on BBTS for $146.

Back