Asmus Toys - Bard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got him Saturday from BBTS. I'm very impressed, it does seem Asmus is stepping up the game. I'd like to see some more improvement in things like his cloth sash around his waist, but otherwise I'm pleased with how he turned out. I'll agree that the production head is an improvement on what we've seen previously. Nice attention to detail including both his quivers too.

Are the shoulder straps made of plastic material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got him Saturday from BBTS. I'm very impressed, it does seem Asmus is stepping up the game. I'd like to see some more improvement in things like his cloth sash around his waist, but otherwise I'm pleased with how he turned out. I'll agree that the production head is an improvement on what we've seen previously. Nice attention to detail including both his quivers too.

That's great to hear.

But Michael Crawford mentioned he's had some troubles with his figure unfortunately. He said his review will be up tonight.

Oh no! Well mine arrives on Saturday and I'll post my feedback here. Hopefully Crawford's issues are not widespread whatever they are.

So Bard arrived. First impression is it's great!

The head sculpt and paint is really well done and I really like the joints at the ankles it gives a lot of posing options however it also is tied to my biggest issue with the character right now and that is that the ankles are loose enough that I would not trust leaving him without the stand long term. I have not changed the hands after reading Crawford's review so I cannot speak about that issues. Again overall great figure in my opinion. I would probably say he is the best so far. He is lighter on accessories just having one base and only having a bow and arrows for weapons but one of those arrows is the black arrow and they do give you two quivers so I wouldn't say he is bare bones.

Thanks!

Something else really neat is Asmus stuck in a $10 off coupon. If they do the free shipping and $10 I might end up getting most directly from them. My Bard came from Timewalker this time and they did a fantastic job shipping it out right after it arrived.

FYI: My last Flex payment has been pushed to December. Looks like Sideshow is pushing all the Asmus figures back. Aragorn, Tauriel, Saruman, Bard and MoS. Honestly, I didn't expect them all to ship this month. It would be good to have a realistic timetable, though.

Hi guys, sharing my Bard pics using my hp :)
20151201_222646-1.jpg
20151201_223524-1.jpg
20151201_223559-1.jpg

Nice pics! He looks great!

Really pleased at how this one turned out!

Looking forward to getting mine in hand!

Definitely going to darken that tunic, though. I'll also have a go at weathering the coat, I think. He's a bit too neat and clean, but otherwise a great looking figure!

Last edited:
they've done well with this figure, looks very cool, great sculpt.

Back