Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every once in a while fortune favors the attentive and I'll get really really lucky on ebay. This happened when I found a NIB Aragorn from a Canadian seller who mysteriously did not put a minimum opening bid, and listed it with the auction closing during July 4th weekend. Bottom line I got this for $85 shipped from Canada. :hi5::yess:

I made mine a TTT Helm's Deep version. Here are some pics, but for details on my mods and parts please see my OSW thread. Most important was to take the head apart and make the hair sit lower, and also a "haircut."

P1050971.JPGAragorn TTT chainmail.jpgP1050960.JPGP1050966.JPGP1050983.JPG

You'll notice I gave this figure the ACI vinyl boots. That's because the Asmus boots are so well made I had to give them to my ACI Aragorn, which I'm trying to make my "ultimate" version. They are the best part of this set, IMO. Here's how they look after repainting/weathering and new laces.
P1050916.jpg

Here are my two Aragorns side by side. Both have new bodies as well. I chose the COO narrow shouldered, which I like much better than the TTL I used before.
P1060014.JPG

Awesome customs! Especially like the repaint and weathering of the Asmus boots, they look perfect. Consider that idea 'borrowed'.

Looks great. Nice score on eBay too. I am holding out hope that they eventually make a Helms Deep version but you have inspired me to look into making my own in the meantime.

Awesome HELM's DEEP version...what did you use for the chainmail? It looks very real...almost looks like fishnet:)

Thanks guys!

Geb, the chainmail is from COO. I do encourage everyone to check out the OSW thread I linked to above. It gives all the details about what I used and customized.

Holy crap your Aragorn looks awesome. Might be the best I've seen. More pics please? Did you rehair him yourself or did someone else do it?
Thanks man! I added the hair myself. If I get some time after getting the kids into bed Ill try taking some more pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thank you. That is outstanding. Any chance of a short walk through on how you haired it?
Sure! I got some Tibetan lamb fur off ebay. Went with Chocolate brown. Then cut strips to length of his hair. I used modge podge and glued the hair in sections on top of the sculpted hair. Time consuming but patience and it pays off!

b990696cab2626b39e8e007f903e6d56.jpg

So you didn't even remove the sculpted hair? Neat, I've never heard of that one before. Thanks a bunch.
Nope. I did something similar with my custom Arnie Conan which is using the same hair piece (The one from the second head sculpt) Figured Id do the same with Aragorn.
bb2d9769f9b0ed016d66f50ea0c8d245.jpg

Theae look great .More pics of wip would be nice.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

That really is an excellent rehairing job on your Asmus sculpt, Rzeznikk! (Love the Conan too!) Although, I couldn't help but notice that the only two Asmus parts you used on your Aragorn are the modified headsculpt and the cloak. The rest is all ACI (gear, clothing, maybe body too?), am I right? Looks like you started with the ACI and added the loose Asmus head and cloak. If you still have your ACI cloak, but if you prefer using the Asmus (I assume because you like the green color; me too) I highly recommend that you move the ACI elven broach pin over to the Asmus cloak, it looks so much better. Best ones are the SS cloaks, but those are hard to find loose these days.

Did you buy the full Asmus box set or just the loose parts to supplement your ACI? If you have the box you should put the ACI head on the Asmus body and show the head transplant! :wink1:

That really is an excellent rehairing job on your Asmus sculpt, Rzeznikk! (Love the Conan too!) Although, I couldn't help but notice that the only two Asmus parts you used on your Aragorn are the modified headsculpt and the cloak. The rest is all ACI (gear, clothing, maybe body too?), am I right? Looks like you started with the ACI and added the loose Asmus head and cloak. If you still have your ACI cloak, but if you prefer using the Asmus (I assume because you like the green color; me too) I highly recommend that you move the ACI elven broach pin over to the Asmus cloak, it looks so much better. Best ones are the SS cloaks, but those are hard to find loose these days.

Did you buy the full Asmus box set or just the loose parts to supplement your ACI? If you have the box you should put the ACI head on the Asmus body and show the head transplant! :wink1:

Yeah, I was looking for the green SS cloak, couldn't find it, made one myself :)

Rzeznikk , your collection looks amazing. Great job on that Aragorn

Sure! I got some Tibetan lamb fur off ebay. Went with Chocolate brown. Then cut strips to length of his hair. I used modge podge and glued the hair in sections on top of the sculpted hair. Time consuming but patience and it pays off!

It looks incredible! From the pictures it sure looks like it was worth the effort. Thanks for sharing.

Back