Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will bring it up in our next product meeting.

How about root hair?
Anyone would prefer that?

If you could replace the existing head sculpt with this one I would be perfectly happy! :orc

Aragorn Head.jpg

I would be in for an alternate version with new hair; apart from that the original sculpt is great. I also believe that rooted hair is the way to go...but only if done right, which can be quite dificult to achieve on mass produced figures. Usually you end up with a "Loreal hair" look (just check the ACI), instead of multilayered strands like the customizers do.

They could release a Helms Deep Aragorn and include two head sculpts. This one with reworked hair and a new one. That way if you buy only the new figure you get two head sculpts and can choose which one you want to display (always a plus in my book) and if you have both figures you can put one in the original Aragorn and the other on the Helms Deep one. The only people left out would be the ones that have the original figure and do not want to buy a second one which stinks for them but I do not think Asmus can keep shipping out free upgrades for every figure.

Why would it have to be a free upgrade? That would be silly. It'd be best if it was sold by itself.

Exactly. I would happily pay for it! Happily, I say!

And you don't need to replace the whole head. Just the hair.

In my opinion, the facial sculpt and paint work are excellent on this guy. It's just the hair that throws off the likeness. As you can see from the subtle adjustments folks have made to theirs, a better hair sculpt and this thing looks fantastic!

If they'd just consider putting out a new hair piece -- FOR SALE -- that would be ideal. (The plastic is really soft and the hair peels off very easily. So you wouldn't need to be a whiz at customizing to swap it out. Maybe a dab of hot glue?)

Got mine today, extremely happy. Only problem is the elven cape is cut 1 or 2 inches longer to one side, the hood must be sewn on wonky maybe. Argh but the rest is pure magic and not as stressful to put together as expected, its a work of art worth keeping for a very long time.
The cone head is there but not so shocking somehow, the natural realism of the face drawers the eye away from its faults. The display base is breathtaking [emoji106]
The amount of handy work gone into constructing each item is to be admired. Well done asmus and the factory elves

I would gladly buy a revised head like above. Ah if only our advise was heeded from the start, but more power to those brave enough to mod it [emoji106] its perfect now

13563117_10157387593865157_1686708262_n.jpg starting a hairagorn asmus for a friend, mine was by ACI, but the Asmus sculpt , to me , looks spot on, its just the hair that didn't work out, it has so much potential
here's mine after much modding (ACI)
13436192_10157311259995157_866214838_n.jpg

It is fine. The right hand is a bit loose but it is an easy fix. The figure is fine am impressed a lot will get more from them.

How 'bout a wee bump for the king? The other day I found an inexpensive, loose Sideshow Faramir and jumped on it for a couple of parts to give him more of a Dunedain look. Replacing the cloak was the real priority and managed a nice green with some fabric paint. Ended up liking the green arrows, quiver bag and color scheme on the vambraces from Faramir as well. Some pics to share:

strider1.jpg

strider2.jpg

strider3.jpg

strider4.jpg

Back