Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the best hair mod I've seen of this figure! Fantastic work, man!

What figure's hair did you use for the strands? (I'd love to try something similar.)
53cdbd1a12ec76964435bf810734d741.jpg

Thx. It is ht alice spare hair.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

the scuplt turns out good imo.
I will be weathering outfit and things soon.
Great set by asmus.

c5543b196378af4fb62e2351db14d35b.jpg

b1b69d15b9e91435146aaa36658543b1.jpg

Great set by asmus.

fantastic photos,

I have seen better photos of Asmus' work here than anywhere else...
may be we should run a photo competition to upload all the wonderful photos to our social medias.

fantastic photos,

may be we should run a photo competition to upload all the wonderful photos to our social medias.

Hmm, not if you intend to use pictures of modded figures to sell stock.

How do you "remove the cone head?" Is it just a matter of peeling off the hair and sanding down the head underneath?

Retailers still have him, so egel has a point. You'd have to say they were modded figures for it to be honest, I think.

fantastic photos,

So are you guys going to take another run at Aragorn, not that I don't like this one.
I just didn't get it when I had the chance.

fantastic photos,

Asmus, would you ever consider just selling a different hair sculpt for this figure? As an add-on individual piece?

This is a GREAT figure, but the only thing holding it back from being AMAZING is the hair. I, for one, would be very happy to pay for an improved hair sculpt.

Asmus, would you ever consider just selling a different hair sculpt for this figure? As an add-on individual piece?

This is a GREAT figure, but the only thing holding it back from being AMAZING is the hair. I, for one, would be very happy to pay for an improved hair sculpt.

I will bring it up in our next product meeting.

How about root hair?
Anyone would prefer that?

I will bring it up in our next product meeting.

How about root hair?
Anyone would prefer that?

There are certainly people who would prefer rooted hair, but personally, I would just like a different sculpted hair piece. For me, rooted hair takes too much work to get it looking right. But if you just made a new hair piece -- not a whole new head -- I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
How do you "remove the cone head?" Is it just a matter of peeling off the hair and sanding down the head underneath?
I drilled everything what underneath the hair as much as you can and cut and sand the face joint piece as much as you can as well. This will help the hair sit lower and reduce the forehead with some pvc hair.thats all.

I think the Rooted versus Sculpted debate is an even 50/50 split. Personally, I think I prefer sculpted but I would take anything that looks good. I've seen Aragorn mods in this thread that use both that look great, which is a testament to the original sculpt. Basically, what I'm getting at is, as long as it looks like an upgrade, I'd be willing to buy it

Great set by asmus.

Your custom hair is fantastic. It really improves the look of the original sculpt significantly. I would buy that sculpt in a heartbeat.

Wow. I own both the ACI and the Asmus version and to be honest I prefer the ACI one but your hair mod just made the figure look waaaaaaay better. If that's how it had looked out of the box it would have been a home run and an immediate favourite for me.

Back