Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really is an excellent rehairing job on your Asmus sculpt, Rzeznikk! (Love the Conan too!) Although, I couldn't help but notice that the only two Asmus parts you used on your Aragorn are the modified headsculpt and the cloak. The rest is all ACI (gear, clothing, maybe body too?), am I right? Looks like you started with the ACI and added the loose Asmus head and cloak. If you still have your ACI cloak, but if you prefer using the Asmus (I assume because you like the green color; me too) I highly recommend that you move the ACI elven broach pin over to the Asmus cloak, it looks so much better. Best ones are the SS cloaks, but those are hard to find loose these days.

Did you buy the full Asmus box set or just the loose parts to supplement your ACI? If you have the box you should put the ACI head on the Asmus body and show the head transplant! :wink1:
Yes, I have both the Asmus and the ACI. I kinda mixed and mached pieces to what I liked. At the time I prefered the ACI, but now after adding the hair to the Asmus I prefer it now. Heres a pic of my ACI.
d8e4c65d63f92b29f9659e7158418c5e.jpg

ef14393839f114e06cd7c32ff125287e.jpg

74ebf3a98d8920ac0b71bff448150bee.jpg

I have two separate displays. One I plan on doing with the full Fellowship and then I have a sort of "Favorites" shelf.

Also the Gandalf with Pippin is just the Asmus Head, hat and hands. Rest is a weathered SS on a HT true type.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Theae look great .More pics of wip would be nice.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Sorry, didnt take any wip pics as I was doing it.
Yeah, I was looking for the green SS cloak, couldn't find it, made one myself :)

Rzeznikk , your collection looks amazing. Great job on that Aragorn

It looks incredible! From the pictures it sure looks like it was worth the effort. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks guys!

Wanted to share some pics of my Strider. All of the amazing, detailed mods that have been shared in here – especially by tankgirlfuzzy, rzeznikk, cman and chilipep66 – have been really inspiring and made me want to have a go. I’ve always loved imagining the Dunedain living in the woods, travelling around Evendim and secretly protecting Middle Earth, so that’s kind of the vibe I was going for...

strider1.jpg

strider7.jpg

strider3.jpg

strider4.jpg

strider5.jpg

strider6.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some killer mods, Keegan!

Probably the best hairing job I've seen on an Aragorn so far. Congrats!

I've said it before ... the biggest problem with this figure out of the box is that damn hair sculpt. The face is really, really good. But the hair sculpt he comes with really brings down the likeness. A top-shelf re-hairing (like Keegan's) or replacing his hair helmet with a better hair sculpt really makes the likeness shine.

Very realistic hair. :clap

Yea that's all sorts of fantastic right there. I have to admit. Real hair makes that head sculpt really shine.

Damn. I NEED that Aragorn!

Those are some killer mods, Keegan!

That looks amazing!

That is really, really well done Keegan.

Thanks so much, y’all! It was my first time hairing something and I think I lost a little of my own in the process. You should see the practice head – pretty much Bette Midler circa 1985 ha ha! Mad respect for all of the masters of this skill out there.

Thanks so much, y’all! It was my first time hairing something and I think I lost a little of my own in the process. You should see the practice head – pretty much Bette Midler circa 1985 ha ha! Mad respect for all of the masters of this skill out there.

I'm taking it that you sculpted the top of his head on and glued mohair to it?

I'm taking it that you sculpted the top of his head on and glued mohair to it?

Yeah, as per cman, I used Sculpey to make the head shape and glued on the lamb fur. I found that having the soft clay underneath was helpful at the end - I used a thin awl tool to gently press down the middle and create a more defined part. After all the hair was in place I wetted it down with some brown/black Dye-na-flow and then shaped it out with my chewbacca comb :)

Yeah, as per cman, I used Sculpey to make the head shape and glued on the lamb fur. I found that having the soft clay underneath was helpful at the end - I used a thin awl tool to gently press down the middle and create a more defined part. After all the hair was in place I wetted it down with some brown/black Dye-na-flow and then shaped it out with my chewbacca comb :)

Thank you.

Hey y'all, I'm curious what body mods anyone has done? For a character like aragorn I really want double jointed knees for posing and the single jointed knees are really one of the only drawbacks for me. I really like how well the body fills out the outfit and to my eye it looks really accurate so Iwas just hoping somebody had found something with similar proportions but with double jointed knees? I got the kneck connector into a Hot Toys Tonto body and I thought that looked pretty good also but then the posing was limited due to the single jointed elbows. >:/

Something I shot for the 15th anniversary of The Fellowship of the Ring film:

3F191366-3D93-4542-A1C6-62B4ADE617DA.jpg

I'm so glad Asmus is keeping the LotR love alive through these figures. I just wish I had the skill to fix the hair on this sculpt. The customs here look amazing and really prove that the sculpt itself is quite accurate if not for the hair.

Wanted to share some pics of my Strider. All of the amazing, detailed mods that have been shared in here – especially by tankgirlfuzzy, rzeznikk, cman and chilipep66 – have been really inspiring and made me want to have a go. I’ve always loved imagining the Dunedain living in the woods, travelling around Evendim and secretly protecting Middle Earth, so that’s kind of the vibe I was going for...

View attachment 296292

View attachment 296298

View attachment 296294

View attachment 296295

View attachment 296296

View attachment 296297

Wow i was looking through this thread because im trying to get an aragorn for my collection and this one really stands out!

Could you tell me which aragorn you used as a base for the figure and waht mods you did ? Or do you have a mod thread about it maybe?

Back