Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe so but the asmus one doesnt look like viggo neither, everything is great apart from the likeness of the actor
although i'll still buy it as i'm a big fan of lord of the rings, i just wish it looked more like viggo mortensen
but everyone has different taste and may see the figure differently

Again, I think at this point its take-it or leave-it.

There will be one more attempt when Asmus does the King version. Maybe that sculpt will be closer to people's liking.

Viggo's likeness has been notoriously difficult to capture. In my opinion, just about every sculptor who has ever tried has come up short. Some are closer than others, of course, but I wonder if there's just something about his face that changes from one angle to the next.

His face is really versatile, its hard to capture it. Changes a lot depending on perspective / weight / hair / lightning

viggo-mortensen-pose-1073730433.jpgviggo_mortensen_43034.jpgNon-Viggo-Mortensen-n-a-pas-refuse-de-revenir-dans-Le-Hobbit_portrait_w532.jpg40416_ori.jpgviggo-mortensen_a5452_4.jpg
viggo_mortensen_actor_man_long_hair_celebrity_hd-wallpaper-18433.jpg
People_Viggo_Mortensen_06103.jpg

I think they did a good job with the sculpt. To me the ACI version only looks good from certain angles as the direction of the eyes gaze can really make it look rather odd.

Hopefully the body will be an improvement on previous releases.

11174636_10152722126511968_5485628532948150085_o.jpg

And I think we should talk about this one too. I just want to say Asmus shall not produce this abomination. It's not a human face. It's totally something different. It also doesn't looks like an animal. An alien? Maybe.

If Asmus try to sell this figure for more than $200 with this face-o-look thing it will be the biggest rip off for the figure collection history.

I guess the sculptor of this face knows nothing about human face muscles, bones and flesh. If you open your mouth the jaw goes down, cheeks becomes tighten and goes back. Not the jaw remains stable and cheeks swell. Maybe for frogs but not for humans.

Last edited:
That face is an extra thrown in for pre-orders. You can buy the figure for the same price without the sculpt when it comes out.

Yes in my opinion it is way off and comical but I appreciate the attempt and since it costs the same with or without the sculpt I will take it and hope it looks better in person. Now if there was a price difference between getting it with the extra sculpt or not I'd opt for not.

View attachment 184891

And I think we should talk about this one too. I just want to say Asmus shall not produce this abomination. It's not a human face. It's totally something different. It also doesn't looks like an animal. An alien? Maybe.

If Asmus try to sell this figure for more than $200 with this face-o-look thing it will be the biggest rip off for the figure collection history.

I guess the sculptor of this face knows nothing about human face muscles, bones and flesh. If you open your mouth the jaw goes down, cheeks becomes tighten and goes back. Not the jaw remains stable and cheeks swell. Maybe for frogs but not for humans.

I agree that it doesn't resemble Viggo very much but it looks human. Would work well for a screaming warrior or even a singer.

That face is an extra thrown in for pre-orders. You can buy the figure for the same price without the sculpt when it comes out.

Yes in my opinion it is way off and comical but I appreciate the attempt and since it costs the same with or without the sculpt I will take it and hope it looks better in person. Now if there was a price difference between getting it with the extra sculpt or not I'd opt for not.

It's not a throw in. I'm pretty sure Asmus earlier in the thread justified the price tag immediately by saying you get two head sculpts.

Back