ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can definitely see it on the Sideshow booth tour pic below especially on the back foot. There's a curve at the ankle. Surprised no one has posted these.

View attachment 490906

View attachment 490907

Well look at that. Good catch!!!

Also, these are the BEST pictures I've seen yet of the face. Looks really good here.

Wish that battle-damaged head was a little more battle-damaged though... but that's an easy fix.

I'm excited again!

Guess I?ll be that guy and go ahead and say that figure does not just look good it looks great! Asmus nailed it! Sorry to break ranks with anyone who is disappointed and wants this one to be redone.

You can definitely see it on the Sideshow booth tour pic below especially on the back foot. There's a curve at the ankle. Surprised no one has posted these.

View attachment 490906

Actually, Elrond's sword is pointing directly to the split in the front foot!

You can see where that part of the boot was protected from the overall weathering and is dark green.

And by the way, the head sculpt looks pretty good in those two pics. Having already three Aragorn's on display, I wasn't 100% sure that I needed to get this one. I'm definitely getting him now.

It appears that Aragorn will be the Luke Skywalker in my LOTR collection, as far as having the number of variations on display...

Great job! What did you use for the gold clasps? I've done a similar setup on my custom Strider figure but I'd love to see Asmus nail it on this figure. They did mention in the old HD Aragorn thread they were going to improve the sword belts but seemed to have forgotten about it on the prototype.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cheers :) The gold is a very thin piece of metal cut to size and bent into shape. I got it from a craft shop.

I love attention to detail. I've tried my best to get my whole figure as accurate as possible.

I've been a critic of this since I seen the first blurry image. After seeing this image I'm not so sure anymore? Maybe the likeness is a lot better then what I'm giving it credit for?

Yeah its a fair likeness and its a bit difficult to precisely describe where it falls short but my 2 cents worth.

Viggo's eyes just aren't as harsh or cold even when he's looking determined.
The tip of Viggo's nose is quite pointed and the nostrils flare up like wings. Its close but not quite there.
His beard is rougher and fuller. The figure is a little too groomed.
The hair.. well.. I guess we take what we can get.

The eyes aren't right.

The show pics have them in shadow which helps sell the sculpt.

The 'in-hand' pics have the face well-lit, which doesn't do the sculpt any favors.

So, the good news is, it will probably look good on the shelf when lit from above, looking at it from a distance.

On second though, I'm not sure it's that good of news.

I never noticed that Aragorn’s ranger sword scabbard has elvish designs on it. Very cool!

I think he looks really good! Solid likeness to my eye. I mean it's not supernaturally great like Galadriel, but very solid. Love the improvements to the outfit and the fabric they've chosen for the chainmail is really cool.

Also, I'm happy with the hair sculpt. If you're not gonna go rooted, you have to have a good sculpt on the hair. If you do it badly, it can totally mess with the face. That was the main problem with their 1.0 Aragorn. That hair sculpt just killed an otherwise great likeness. The hair here is quite good.

If I had to gripe ... I think the diorama base is a little generic. Actually reads a lot more Gondor to my eye than Rohan. But it's still cool.

I'll pre-order this one as soon as it goes up!

Oh I'm so getting this. I really hope the boots are articulated some how. But overall really can't wait to Preorder. Now we need a Helms Deep Legolas and the trio is complete again. Unless we get a new Gimili also.

I think the costume is great but the head sculpt I alway go with my first Impression which with Galadriel, Elrond, Gandalf ... was WOW yes

This I look at it and all I saw was Lord Farquaad From Shrek and I can’t see Aragorn there sorry.

Back