Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great accessory would be another head from the scene at the beginning of the return of the king where he’s slowly changing and looks extra creepy.
maybe Frodo’s finger with the ring on it too?

Oh no, I’d forgotten about their other smaller scaled line…please be 1/6 scale!! :pray::pray: Hopefully it is.🤞

given that he's normally crawling, I wouldn't mind seamless arms and legs with cut joints at the shoulders, hips and ankles and then a seamless torso. But if they go with exposed joints, I think something like what NECA did for their 1/4 Gollum could work if they improved upon it some.

Last edited:
This is such a challenging figure to design. I do NOT envy Asmus having to thread this particular needle. No matter which way they go, there are going to be collectors upset about their decisions. Personally I'm hoping for a combination of jointed and seamless where each one makes the most sense. My only real hopes are multiple heads, rooted hair and moveable eyes.

It'll be interesting to see whether they go with multiple molded feet in different positions or if the feet will be jointed in any way.

Such a hard design job.

I believe that 99% of the time, Smeagol/Gollum is in a squatting position. That would allow the knee and ankle joints to be seamless and not require extensive levels of movement...

That would leave basically just the shoulder and elbow joints requiring "some" level of flexibility. I don't think a seamless body would be difficult or ruin articulation options.

269_gollum.jpg

Asmus appear to be getting pretty confident with their seamless bodies. Most recent announcements that I recall like Ace Ventura, Ash, the emo looking DMC guy all have seamless arms so Gollum would be a great extension of that practice.
There are just so many ways to do Gollum- Asmus will need to experiment to find the best formula of seamless latex joints, removable jointed and sculpted limbs, a full seamless body, latex limbs and sculpted torso, removable hands, poseable seamless ones or sculpted to each arm…

I think I’d like a fully seamless latex body with a removable head only. Gollum is just one of those figures that will be so unique, he needs to be done right.
A rock base with the ‘reflection pool’ and multiple expressive heads are also essential.

There are many options for Smeagol/Gollum.
A riverboat.
A fish.
A brace of Rabbits.
A pot (for stewing)😁
The One ring.
Riverbank base.
Forbidden Pool base.
Mount Doom base.
Rock outcropping base.
And probably the most awesome accessory of all that could be added to the Gollum/Smeagol set:Shelob 😁

Hey Guys! Photos will be released later, but I could share the first-hand news for you in SS freak forum.

"Their" products' ID will be in LOTR030

1) There is an exclusive Gollum figure body and we did use the seamless parts in arms and legs. There are two pairs legs could be exchanged.
2) The headsculpts are with rotatable eyeballs. and he has over 22 points of articulation.
3) We will release two kind of him in standard edition, LOTR030S & LOTR030G. The difference is set by Gollum/Smeagol headsculpt.
4) There is a luxury edition as well, which includes two gollum/smeagol figures and their accessories, Also there is a special rock diorama for him.
5) The estimate shipping date will be in 2022 Q1.

Last edited:
Hey Guys! Photos will be released later, but I could share the first-hand news for you in SS freak forum.

1) There is an exclusive Gollum figure body and we did use the seamless parts in arms and legs. There are two pairs legs could be exchanged.
2) The headsculpts are with rotatable eyeballs. and he has over 22 points of articulation.
3) We will release two kind of him in standard edition, LOTR030S & LOTR030G. The difference is set by Gollum/Smeagol headsculpt.
4) There is a luxury edition as well, which includes two gollum/smeagol figures and their accessories, Also there is a special rock diorama for him.
:yess: :yess: This sounds awesome!! Can’t wait to see it.

that means we will get Gollum AND Smeagol headsculpt
good decision Asmus!!

Wow that’s great!
I’ll be in for the luxury edition:)

Back