Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone convince me to buy this today.

It's on sale on both Sideshow and the Asmus store. Boromir/Faramir are my favorite LOTR characters, but knowing how many issues there were with this figure, I've never actually bought it. I know I need Faramir eventually, and I keep hoping they'll revisit him with a new figure someday, although I would want his Ithilien Ranger look (not armored), which I doubt they'll do another version of anytime soon.

Ugh.

It's on sale on both Sideshow and the Asmus store. Boromir/Faramir are my favorite LOTR characters, but knowing how many issues there were with this figure, I've never actually bought it. I know I need Faramir eventually, and I keep hoping they'll revisit him with a new figure someday, although I would want his Ithilien Ranger look (not armored), which I doubt they'll do another version of anytime soon.

Ugh.
IMO it's an excellent costume, sculpt, paint. Yeah, there's some BS like the vambraces but in no way do I regret getting him, even at full price. He's fun to work with, and for myself anyone used to having to do some futzing with 1/6 shouldn't be too bothered.

Also to me it looks remarkably like he's wearing actual leather, and the cloak and sword are nice too.

Ugh.
I'm definitely glad I have the Asmus Faramir in the collection, but there are definitely a few frustrating issues with the figure that really dampened my initial enthusiasm upon receiving it. I agree that I don't expect to see another Ranger Faramir for quite some time so either the Asmus or Sideshow versions are your only options. I will say that the Sideshow version's factory paint apps on the head sculpt was horrendous and I had mine repainted immediately. But aside from that, the rest of the figure is fantastic and actually better than Asmus's in some areas. I still would go with Asmus's version as a representation of the character.

You guys are a bad influence. Decided to pull the trigger for the sale. Faramir is coming home.
:lol :monkey3

But if your willing to deal with some nits, in the long run this is a very nice fig. Once you get everything on him, easy to work with and great diecast sword too.

Like Galadriel if I had money to burn at the moment, I wouldn't mind owning a second, it's a great look hood on or not, sword or bow. Being a costume junkie appreciate the tiny real lacing of the tunic, which probably needed tweezers.

Just wanted to share, I recently painted a beard on Faramir's face, and that (with the rooted hair and the face made more wide) really improves the likeness compared to the original figure. The difference is stunning, and the paint is a really easy thing to do, thanks to the sculpted facial hair.
:)

Attachments

• IMG_5836.JPG
    IMG_5836.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5838.JPG
    IMG_5838.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 115
Just wanted to share, I recently painted a beard on Faramir's face, and that (with the rooted hair and the face made more wide) really improves the likeness compared to the original figure. The difference is stunning, and the paint is a really easy thing to do, thanks to the sculpted facial hair.
That looks amazaballs!

Looks great. I have a bunch of figures I’d like to get haired. Any recommendations for someone who’s good and reasonably priced?

Excellent job, Neko!

I may try these updates on my Faramir, one day.

Incredible. Incredible incredible incredible. Great work.

Wow!!!

Wow, great work - that looks so much better, a huge improvement! :clap I wish I was brave enough to try something like that.

Looks great. I have a bunch of figures I’d like to get haired. Any recommendations for someone who’s good and reasonably priced?

Some rehairs I made by myself, some others I have them made by Jovl Tang. He's a very skilled hair maker. :)
(But you have to pay 160€ for one head...)

Wow, great work - that looks so much better, a huge improvement! :clap I wish I was brave enough to try something like that.

For the wider face and the beard paint you can't go wrong. The rehair is another story...! :)

Thank you all for the kind words.

BBTS still have this guy in stock somehow and I am..so...tempted in spite of all the figure's flaws. Because what are the chances that we'll get another Faramir again?

After watching a few vid reviews and probably against my better judgement, I caved and ordered Faramir from BBTS. He's my favourite LOTR character and I just don't see InArt attempting secondary characters anytime soon (but I would love to be proven wrong!)

After watching a few vid reviews and probably against my better judgement, I caved and ordered Faramir from BBTS. He's my favourite LOTR character and I just don't see InArt attempting secondary characters anytime soon (but I would love to be proven wrong!)
Asmus Faramir is great.

I am 99,9% sure you will never see Faramir from InArt. InArt focus will always be on the most popular characters and we might not even see full Fellowship from them. InArt figures are too "premium" to produce secondary characters that not many would buy.

Last edited:
Back