Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish ...

Last edited:
I don't have any Asmus middle earth figures yet but if they really pull the trigger on Gollum(my favorite character), I will have to get it. I have ALMOST ordered so many of these but I always back down. Not on Smeagol though. An absolute must buy.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Or some potatoes?

Okay that would be silly because he never had any but if he came with a potato I would display him with one.

Related. Came across this not long ago and loved it.

Attachments

• gollum on the issues.jpg
    gollum on the issues.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 261
2 heads with movable eyes would be perfect. As for accessories: the ring, a fish and a small rock base will do fine. -
Yeah this would be ideal. I keep thinking back to the 12" Toybiz Talking Gollum.

Two sculpts. One Gollum and one Smeagol. Movable eyes and real hair would be choice

A nice big diorama rock base would be great too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The seamless PVC arms on their V figure look good. It?ll be good experience for Asmus for this figure.

I do hope they check out that 1/4 Gollum made by Neca. That one was pretty perfect apart from the hair. Of course we'll need a 1/6 version. Joints all the way for me, they aren't even that noticable in a crunched/ hunched over position.

I do hope they check out that 1/4 Gollum made by Neca. That one was pretty perfect apart from the hair. Of course we'll need a 1/6 version. Joints all the way for me, they aren't even that noticable in a crunched/ hunched over position.

Yeah that?s a good figure. I wouldn?t mind the joints only Asmus said somewhere they were looking at seamless body for him.

I'd be fine with joints. That Neca figure is pretty great. It's all about the extreme poses with this guy. Every joint needs to bend 90 degrees or more. Andy Serkis has noted that the only time he every fully stands up straight is when he finally gets the ring at the very end. Before that he's essentially a quadruped. So a seamless neutral body that looks good in a museum pose is probably not a great solution.

Looking forward to what they come up with, whichever way they go.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm in the minority but I do not want to be paying top dollar for a 1/6th scaled Neca figure.

Gollum/Smeagol is almost always in a squat or bent kneed, bent over pose. That can be safely replicated with covered joints, since range of motion won't need to be large.

Asmus, please make sure that the joints are covered and can provide some movement but don't require double-jointed, spiderman type of flexibility.

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I do not want to be paying top dollar for a 1/6th scaled Neca figure.

Gollum/Smeagol is almost always in a squat or bent kneed, bent over pose. That can be safely replicated with covered joints, since range of motion won't need to be large.

Asmus, please make sure that the joints are covered and can provide some movement but don't require double-jointed, spiderman type of flexibility.

Absolutely agree. Any joints visible will just be a bad move. I get annoyed when I pose any of the existing figures and I can see the slightest hand joint...
I?d rather lose some movement to gain realism!

I don't mind visible joints if well done. I'd rather have visible joints than a hard rubbery unposable thing, like a recent Wolverine I purchased, or a fragile thin silicone that will rip the moment you try to bend his arm twice. Of course, if they manage to do a seamless body with excellent poseability and durability, I'm all in.
I think Gollum would be an excellent Crown figure, where the price is not a problem for doing as much as needed to get him as perfectly as possible, several sculpts with different expressions, small diorama, real hair, moveable eyes... I'd pay 300-400 for it.

I don't mind visible joints if well done. I'd rather have visible joints than a hard rubbery unposable thing, like a recent Wolverine I purchased, or a fragile thin silicone that will rip the moment you try to bend his arm twice. Of course, if they manage to do a seamless body with excellent poseability and durability, I'm all in.
I think Gollum would be an excellent Crown figure, where the price is not a problem for doing as much as needed to get him as perfectly as possible, several sculpts with different expressions, small diorama, real hair, moveable eyes... I'd pay 300-400 for it.

For $400 I want two bodies for Gollum. Then we can have one as Sm?agol arguing against one another.

Back