Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus Faramir is great.

I am 99,9% sure you will never see Faramir from InArt. InArt focus will always be on the most popular characters and we might not even see full Fellowship from them. InArt figures are too "premium" to produce secondary characters that not many would buy.

100% and I think I've made my peace with that. Happy to have picked up Asmus Faramir while I still could!

Faramir arrived today and immediately had to very quickly get him out and display him, I'm so pleased with how he looks in hand! Definitely a keeper! :love:

Didn't bother with the quiver, that's a horribly fiddly task for another day (the belt was bad enough, I'm surprised it didn't break!)

faramir.jpg

Asmus Faramir is great.

I am 99,9% sure you will never see Faramir from InArt. InArt focus will always be on the most popular characters and we might not even see full Fellowship from them. InArt figures are too "premium" to produce secondary characters that not many would buy.

Yeah I watched a recent interview with John from InArt and he kept reiterating that their intent is to make figures that will definitely sell well and their consumer demand research will dictate who gets made. That's a pretty clear indication that the chances of seeing an InArt Faramir are nil even if they acquired a TT or ROTK license.

Yeah I watched a recent interview with John from InArt and he kept reiterating that their intent is to make figures that will definitely sell well and their consumer demand research will dictate who gets made. That's a pretty clear indication that the chances of seeing an InArt Faramir are nil even if they acquired a TT or ROTK license.
Especially if they base the wants of consumers on the comments on their Facebook page.
Even if they specifically asked 'which Fellowship member would you like to see next,' multiple Batmans and General Greivous would still top the list.

Especially if they base the wants of consumers on the comments on their Facebook page.
Even if they specifically asked 'which Fellowship member would you like to see next,' multiple Batmans and General Greivous would still top the list.

Yup and judging by his comments it sounded like those Facebook comments pretty much sum up InArt's market research lol

I think the deepest we're gonna go is the Fellowship.

But that's absolutely hinging on the idea they'd invest in hobbit-sized tooling. The problem is that it never could be reused beyond them, because they're even shorter than the first year HP kids. The tooling is a one time use unless they make them oversized.

The hobbit body could realistically serve the 4 Fellowship versions, Bilbo, and then (what I think would be great), armored Merry and Pip. So that's 7 figures worth of use for the bodies, four being the only really "viable" ones. Maybe they could force sales by doing them as mandatory two packs due to the size?

Gimli I see as likely, only because they're gonna need a Dwarf body for Tyrion to in GOT. And a good Tyrion will probably do circles around any Hobbit.

I think the deepest we're gonna go is the Fellowship.

But that's absolutely hinging on the idea they'd invest in hobbit-sized tooling. The problem is that it never could be reused beyond them, because they're even shorter than the first year HP kids. The tooling is a one time use unless they make them oversized.

The hobbit body could realistically serve the 4 Fellowship versions, Bilbo, and then (what I think would be great), armored Merry and Pip. So that's 7 figures worth of use for the bodies, four being the only really "viable" ones. Maybe they could force sales by doing them as mandatory two packs due to the size?

Gimli I see as likely, only because they're gonna need a Dwarf body for Tyrion to in GOT. And a good Tyrion will probably do circles around any Hobbit.
There’s a lot of variation for Hobbitses so that one body could get enough reuse to justify it;

Leaving the shire, Weathertop and post Lothlorien looks in one package from Felowship
1. Frodo
2. Samwise
3. Merry
4. Pippin
5. Bilbo

Later, notably different looks from ROTK-
6. Armoured Merry
7. Armoured Pippin
8. Mount Doom Frodo
9. Mount Doom Sam

Special set
10 & 11. Merry and Pippin with Treebeard bust/diorama TTT
1673666066618.jpeg

IA also already have The Hobbit license so they can do at least one Bilbo from that.

I think the obligatory two pack to ‘force sales’ wouldn’t be so bad here so long as that doesn’t simply push people away from buying at all.
Frodo needs his Sam. He wouldn’t get far without Sam… and If you’re getting Merry, you’re getting Pippin and vice versa so they should just come as a set.

I'm insanely jealous of that picture, Cody.

My Faramir has been a complete nightmare to try and set up, I wish I could have come even close to what you achieved.

The belt for the scabbard and the quiver have to be the most frustrating things I've ever tried to set up, and I've done some military figures before. But aside of that, the first time I tried to take the head off to put on the cape, the piece in the neck that holds the neck peg in place broke, and now I can't get the head to sit on the figure.

What a shame, my favorite Lord of the Rings character and I may just throw the figure out at this point. But, for those that have achieved a fantastic outcome like those pictures above, I salute you.

I'm insanely jealous of that picture, Cody.

My Faramir has been a complete nightmare to try and set up, I wish I could have come even close to what you achieved.

The belt for the scabbard and the quiver have to be the most frustrating things I've ever tried to set up, and I've done some military figures before. But aside of that, the first time I tried to take the head off to put on the cape, the piece in the neck that holds the neck peg in place broke, and now I can't get the head to sit on the figure.

What a shame, my favorite Lord of the Rings character and I may just throw the figure out at this point. But, for those that have achieved a fantastic outcome like those pictures above, I salute you.
I seem to found a relatively good deal on this one. Faramir is my favourite character as well but this Asmus figure is a bit disappointing?
Did you ever manage to come to grips with it, make improvements etc? I wonder whether it's worth it, even while knowing that there is likely never to be an InArt release?

I seem to found a relatively good deal on this one. Faramir is my favourite character as well but this Asmus figure is a bit disappointing?
Did you ever manage to come to grips with it, make improvements etc? I wonder whether it's worth it, even while knowing that there is likely never to be an InArt release?
Don't know how to answer that - I supposed it depends on your expectations as a collector. I think I fall into the "somewhat-easy-going-will-fix-minor-issues-and-am-happy" category provided the price is IMO reasonable for what you get.

And I'm an ASMUS fan. For sure there were some foul-ups with this figure, like not having left and right vambraces and having to peel the quiver off and re-attach the right way. But if the many nice pictures don't convince you, I don't know what would. For the most part IMO great sculpt, effective use of materials, diecast sword. I'd considered getting a second as I really like the character.

I also picked up vambraces from Sideshow's original figure and Boromir's horn, as well as a bow from someplace. If you can get him for a good price, I'd say go for it, not likely we will get another any time soon.

Don't know how to answer that - I supposed it depends on your expectations as a collector. I think I fall into the "somewhat-easy-going-will-fix-minor-issues-and-am-happy" category provided the price is IMO reasonable for what you get.

And I'm an ASMUS fan. For sure there were some foul-ups with this figure, like not having left and right vambraces and having to peel the quiver off and re-attach the right way. But if the many nice pictures don't convince you, I don't know what would. For the most part IMO great sculpt, effective use of materials, diecast sword. I'd considered getting a second as I really like the character.

I also picked up vambraces from Sideshow's original figure and Boromir's horn, as well as a bow from someplace. If you can get him for a good price, I'd say go for it, not likely we will get another any time soon.
I was not aware of that issue. What is wrong w/ the Asmus vambraces?
Does Faramir actually carry/use a horn in the movies/book? I don't think so....
Thx.

I believe the extended edition of Two Towers has a scene with Faramir holding the cloven horn.

I was not aware of that issue. What is wrong w/ the Asmus vambraces?
Does Faramir actually carry/use a horn in the movies/book? I don't think so....
Thx.
Sorry didn't see this been off the board a bit.
There isn't a "left" and "right" vambrace - both are exactly the same. It's not real noticeable but ASMUS did drop the ball there. It just bugged me so I use the old Sideshow vambraces. I don't consider it a deal breaker - I really like this figure, especially the way the chest piece looks like real leather.

No, I don't remember Faramir with the horn - but as collecting goes I like adding accessories now and then, that either evoke the film or are something a character might have used - jugs and bottles, knives and other weapons, torches, banners, etc. Either as a background piece or to change a pose. Other collectors display differently - movie only, museum poses, etc. Just depends on what you like.

IMO the big thing with me re Faramir was to make sure he had a bow, since that is when we first see him.

Sorry didn't see this been off the board a bit.
There isn't a "left" and "right" vambrace - both are exactly the same. It's not real noticeable but ASMUS did drop the ball there. It just bugged me so I use the old Sideshow vambraces. I don't consider it a deal breaker - I really like this figure, especially the way the chest piece looks like real leather.

No, I don't remember Faramir with the horn - but as collecting goes I like adding accessories now and then, that either evoke the film or are something a character might have used - jugs and bottles, knives and other weapons, torches, banners, etc. Either as a background piece or to change a pose. Other collectors display differently - movie only, museum poses, etc. Just depends on what you like.

IMO the big thing with me re Faramir was to make sure he had a bow, since that is when we first see him.
But why did Asmus drop the ball w/ their vambraces?
Thx.

Back