Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Ok... update time!!! Here's a WIP of Nate's cake! I had to bring in a hired gun to tackle this one... I have too much on my plate already! The expression was changed slightly. I made the decision and went more towards the comic book expression while maintaining the film-likeness. I felt the film version was too flat and boring... plain! I wanted to add a little more fun to Nathan's cake. Enjoy!!!

As boring as it is I think movie accuracy is important in a licensed figure in this scale. I like the new take but hope an exclusive accurate head can be made as well.:pray:

As boring as it is I think movie accuracy is important in a licensed figure in this scale. I like the new take but hope an exclusive accurate head can be made as well.:pray:

You guys know I'm all about being film accurate. I try to do every wrinkle and pore you see on a creature character. So when I made this change, it wasn't taken lightly. I knew some hardcore fans would possibly be taken back a step. All I can say is we will see. It's still the film accurate character. Just tweeked a tad. I really believe this will grow on even the most faithful followers of CREEPSHOW!

I agree with Mag. I'd like to see %100 movie accurate if possible. But you may be right Dooley... only time will tell. :wave Can't wait for more updates, keep it movin!

I dig it. I think a little artistic interpretation is ok with an accessory like this.

I dig it. I think a little artistic interpretation is ok with an accessory like this.
That's all I was going for :) I was hoping for Nathan to go up for pre-sale this month but it's looking more like beginning of January. I'm not happy about that but not much I can do about it. I have to get back to finishing up this guy... we'll chat some more later!!!

The cake looks fantastic. I think the choice for more expression was great. The technology of the day just limited what they could do with that head. I'm sure the comic look was always the goal, but they did the best with what they could. Sometimes the collectibles will just end up looking better than the actual film props. If HT ever made a BD T1 T-800, I'd expect it to 1) Look like Arnold 2) End up looking better than what Winston used. Not Bashing Winston's work, he was a marvel, but again, technology and sculptors have really come along ways since the 80's.

That's all I was going for :) I was hoping for Nathan to go up for pre-sale this month but it's looking more like beginning of January. I'm not happy about that but not much I can do about it. I have to get back to finishing up this guy... we'll chat some more later!!!

It's probably too early to be asking such questions, I'm doing it anyway: Will we be charged when we preorder? How long will the wait be between the preorder and shipping?

It's probably too early to be asking such questions, I'm doing it anyway: Will we be charged when we preorder? How long will the wait be between the preorder and shipping?

Good question.... You will be charged when you order and his ETA to your doorstep should be 2nd quarter of 2012.(that's April, May or June)
There's only going to be 1500 produced world wide. Out of the 1500 there will be an exclusive accessory run. That number is still to be determined. I don't have a price yet but I believe he should be very affordable... especially for what 1/6th goes for these days.

Good question.... You will be charged when you order and his ETA to your doorstep should be 2nd quarter of 2012.(that's April, May or June)
There's only going to be 1500 produced world wide. Out of the 1500 there will be an exclusive accessory run. That number is still to be determined. I don't have a price yet but I believe he should be very affordable... especially for what 1/6th goes for these days.

:yess::yess::yess::hi5:

You're the man, Dooley!

That's all I was going for :) I was hoping for Nathan to go up for pre-sale this month but it's looking more like beginning of January. I'm not happy about that but not much I can do about it.

No hurry. I've no doubt Nate will be well worth the wait.

The cake looks fantastic. I think the choice for more expression was great. The technology of the day just limited what they could do with that head. I'm sure the comic look was always the goal, but they did the best with what they could. Sometimes the collectibles will just end up looking better than the actual film props. If HT ever made a BD T1 T-800, I'd expect it to 1) Look like Arnold 2) End up looking better than what Winston used. Not Bashing Winston's work, he was a marvel, but again, technology and sculptors have really come along ways since the 80's.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Looking Great Dooley! I'm really enjoying that look for the cake too.

other than a few customs I'm in the middle of I'm most looking forward to this over any other figure or statue I have on order. Creepshow is my ____.

Back