Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know. I preordered on the first day and according to the order numbers they said they were working no I should be in the 3rd or 4th batch... but I think so far only one person has posted a picture of a figure.

I am not sure where all the perceived defamation has come from. I heard they were upset because folks gave the business poor marks at the BBB. On the BBB page they have an "A+" rating....so it's a mystery to me. I really, REALLY wanted this figure back in the beginning. Because of all of the fighting, threats, and all the drama: I am avoiding the series altogether. If he proceeds with new characters. I will just get the masks being released this year, and buy the little dudes from Amok Time. Eventually Distinctive Dummies could one day release a series of these or someone else may get a license.

Dude delivers one figure and suddenly his **** grows 11 inches.

It's still most likely going to take years before everyone gets their figure. Do these people not realize this?

I am so glad i got a refund and am not supporting his garbage.

Last edited:
Post made 7/4/17 on FB

"Shrunken Head Studios
July 4 at 5:02pm ·
A Brief Statement from our Legal Counsel:
You initiated, encouraged others to do so, and perpetuated harmful statements that damage Brian Dooley’s reputation, Libelous remarks published have been documented. The defamatory statements with others have also been logged and furnished to a legal counsel for review as well as any threats of harm to law enforcement. There are financial liabilities for your actions.
False statements that impugn this business or trade or accuse someone of committing a serious crime are usually considered “actionable per se,” meaning harm and damages are taken as a given in the eyes of the law.

You may be held liable for any resulting actual damages as there are records with time stamps of conversations you have had with other customers and when they cancelled and asked for refunds. Damages such as money he lost in cancellations, expenses incurred in issuing refunds and bank fees, and damage to his earning capacity resulting from your statements have real world ramifications. You may also have to compensate for embarrassment, mental anguish, humiliation, and damage to his reputation. Punitive damages are also a possibility, especially if the court decides that you made the statements knowing that they were false and/or that you had malicious intent when you made them.
Use of the internet to threaten “the person of another” constitutes a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 875 ( interstate communication of threat to injure) If it is communicated interstate, federal jurisdiction is created.
======================================
I have cancelled all your orders and you will be issued refunds in the order received. There are a few who Brian is forgiving and putting their order at the back of the line. - Tom"

I mean, this^^^^ is just unbelievable. He is the one that should have been taken to court years ago. :lol

My mind is officially blown.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
You got to be in awe . . . in a delirious mindset of such an epic proportion.

Butt hurt to infinity and beyond.

His credibility and integrity being questioned and mocked is one thing. His reaction is beyond reasonable rationale.

I witnessed something similar to this some years ago regarding Triad Toys. The owner at the time faced much online criticisms for a variety of issues ranging from very flawed design and quality as well as long delayed products. The owner himself supposedly had a business and legal background and he vented on more than one occasion about going after those who he claimed/stated were maliciously attacking and harming his business. That accusation was a bit overblown, but the reality is there were a few who did do that. Most who were critical and upset were just frustrated about lack of communications, follow ups, etc.

He never did go through with any legal actions and I don't recollect him posting a legal notice like Shrunken Heads did. Being the owner's friend and support (at the time), I sympathized with him. Even though ultimately the owner ended up failing miserably with much damage to his credibility (among other things) . . . it all ended up being blown out of proportion more or less and the demise and failure of Triad Toys was another chapter on the subject of great potential and utter demise in the 1:6 hobby.

Shrunken Studios started off presumably with the best of intentions, but their intentions morphed into something else.

Yes. I posted this with a straight face and without laughing.

Last edited:
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Does he own this license? Because if he does not....taking legal action for defamation would be suicide once the legal rights holder was informed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to write/say anything about this situation with a straight face.
It's like a playground. You like me? I like you. Can't have any of my Fruit Roll Ups 'cause I don't like you. Teacher, teacher he said I'm dumb. She's looking at me.
STFU and run a business.

People have the right to be pissed and not recommend SHS because it..has..been..FIVE YEARS.

Threats of violence on the other hand, well that's just funny.

SHS has/had a license to do these figures. I say had because I am not sure how long one can hold such rights without having produced anything.

I believe there is an online database/site for the state of CA that shows the business status (active, inactive, legal status, etc.). The site's name/URL escapes me, but a friend showed it to me once a long time ago regarding another 1:6 brand and the information was surprising.

Last edited:
No horse in this race, was going to PO when he was first offered like everyone else but, eh, other items came up. But seeing all this drama :lol and Dooly's responses? Threats? They are all :lol but highly unprofessional. Even if I was one of those on the long waiting list that actually got one shipped, I'd sell the thing off. No way would I want a tainted item in my collection no matter how nice it is.

Does he own this license? Because if he does not....taking legal action for defamation would be suicide once the legal rights holder was informed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see any rights holder still letting them continue the license after doing nothing for 5 years and the company apparently in the gutter.

So these would be customs. :dunno

If I were the license holder, I would be thrilled for someone to give me money for the rights to my license without doing anything with it. That means no negative backlash against license holder for a crummy product. Yet they're still getting paid.

But if the license has expired and if he plans to continue on with development, then that would be the height of hypocrisy for this considering what he did to Betomatali early on. Of course it will be good for the customers and the collectors, however. From my perspective I would much prefer him to produce them in an unlicensed fashion then leave all of his customers in the lurch. But I'm not sure this guy is even capable of making good, so it's all probably moot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Damn, so anybody on here that says anything about a figure/statue likeness being off or any other comment which causes another member not to buy that item can be sued by the company for damages?

I don't go on Facebook so I don't know exactly what kind of shenanigans are happening there, but I found that odd too. How the **** are you going to sue me because I have an issue with your product or lack there of? I know there are ways of expressing your frustrations without being a ****, but being sued because one spoke negatively about your company sounds stupid. Who knows burglars suing because you shot them while they broke into your home idiots suing because the coffee was too hot; and winning.:cuckoo:

Apparently the FB page hasn't been updated in about 10 days. The legalese being the last thing posted. This thread seems to have died the death as well. I was actually hoping to see some more folks getting theirs and perhaps some stores celebrating the figure arriving in stock.

Despite have a few people still cheering him on ( probably shills ), I wouldn't be surprised if that last post regarding the legal action didn't scare a lot of people off. And maybe he literally just made 1 Nate so far? Who knows.

Back