Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

Can it! (before I sucker punch you).:lol I'm serious, though. We haven't seen an actual Batman FIGURE for 8 months. I love the Batmobile, but that's skimping on news when that is the only new thing we've seen. The things that piss me off even more are: 1.) We know that they have 3(Yes, THREE) different new licenses, plus two older ones.2.) We haven't seen anything from any of those 3 licenses, and 3.) Those licenses are actually popular, now, yet we aren't seeing anything. I don't get you, HT.:slap

Two Batmobiles is more than enough IMO for Batman collectors, as wellas the two 89 figures that just released, some haven't even got them yet.

HT are smart though, if they do put up batman figures for order they'll only take sales away from the Batmobiles, plus i think they're planning on Avengers fans to also buy The Dark Knight Rises, so are waiting til some of them to release first

Two Batmobiles is more than enough IMO for Batman collectors, as wellas the two 89 figures that just released, some haven't even got them yet.

HT are smart though, if they do put up batman figures for order they'll only take sales away from the Batmobiles, plus i think they're planning on Avengers fans to also buy The Dark Knight Rises, so are waiting til some of them to release first

Bullsheet!!!!! Also, one Batmobile. I hardly consider the Tumbler "new." You got your MGS and you'll have your Sucker Punch. I'm sick of you lumping us in with The Avengers camp, we haven't seen any new Batman figures in 8 months, but whatever, keep generalizing, come July, you'll have the right to generalize.:nana:

medium_Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

1012768_o.gif

tumblr_lrs6zzdI4v1qzqua1o1_500.jpg

8 months or not, with 2 batman vehicles up for order and two figures having just released, it's a great time to be a batman collector.

I'm looking forward to Arkham City and Batman Returns, but it's not as if it's been that long at all, Returns was only announced around three months ago and Arkham just under two, The Dark Knight Rises is the longest at 6 months ago, but even that's not as long as a bunch others, X-Men for example is near double that wait.

Y'know they'll do them, afterall it's Batman so it's guranteed, at least we have that assurance so we don't have to deal with the "not knowing" that others do.

:peace :peace :chillpill: :chillpill:

:1-1: :1-1:

Last edited:
I'm hoping for another teaser or a promo pic before SDCC something to feed me :p

I was thinking the other day over what will be at SDCC, i'm thinking...

Metal Gear Solid
City Hunter pred
T800
Avengers
Batmobile

Hopefully:

X-Men First Class
Green Lantern
Arkham City
Amazing Spider-Man
Something new from Avatar, Sucker Punch and Star Wars
First character from Expendables
Platoon figure for the platoon fans

They'll probably show off something from either TDKR or BR aswell

Should be a good show IF they show off some figures from new properties or new figures from underdeveloped lines

Last edited:

Last year Hot Toys had 4 podiums with between 4-7 figures in each I can't remember how many of the figures were seen for the first time though (I know 89 Joker was one)

I'd say at SDCC we'll see

Fury
Hawkeye
Captain America
Thor
Ironman mrk VII
Black Widow
Hulk

Loki (from Thor)
Red Skull
Iron Monger
Ironman mrk I

Snake
Boss
City Pred
DX07
DX10

Bane
TDKR Batman
Catwoman or Penguin from Batman Returns

I'm really not expecting many brand new figures

Last edited:

I'm no expert on SDCC but why would they show Iron Monger and DX Luke again since they had them on display last year?

Just because I doubt either will of been released by the time SDCC comes around so it gives Hot Toys a chance of showing them off again

Guys I've never been to one (SD/NYCC) do they normally display the same things at both? I am going to NYCC this year and am hoping to see the HT display

Guys I've never been to one (SD/NYCC) do they normally display the same things at both? I am going to NYCC this year and am hoping to see the HT display

Sideshow doesn't go to NYCC and therefore neither does HT.

I think HT should just get the elephant out of the room. Most of us (I'm speaking realistically, of course) believe that Batman is the only figure that we're guaranteed, with a Joker if we're lucky. Think of it this way:

TDKR:
Batman, Bane, Catwoman, 1/4 Batman, 1/4 Bane (potentially), 1/4 Catwoman (potentially).
Batman Returns: Batman, Penguin, Catwoman, 1/4 Batman, 1/4 Penguin (potentially), 1/4 Catwoman (potentially).

The general consensus is that we're going to see the least amount of merchandise from the Arkham City, so why not get it out of the way before they start on the other, potentially more expansive Batman licenses. That way, if they decide to revisit the line later, after the movie stuff has died down, we'll be happy, but if not, then we have no expectations that we'll be seeing more figures after Batman and Joker, if we see that after Joker they've started on the TDKR, Returns, etc. stuff. If that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back