Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

The general consensus is that we're going to see the least amount of merchandise from the Arkham City, so why not get it out of the way before they start on the other, potentially more expansive Batman licenses. That way, if they decide to revisit the line later, after the movie stuff has died down, we'll be happy, but if not, then we have no expectations that we'll be seeing more figures after Batman and Joker, if we see that after Joker they've started on the TDKR, Returns, etc. stuff. If that makes any sense.

:goodpost:

This arguement could be used for a number of projects. You could switch out Arkham City to a bunch of other licenses not expected to get tons of figures, so they should come before they start a plethora from the cash-cow ones

However, we're talking about Batman here, not those other licenses, but I digress and concede (so long as we see Arkham City first :lol). Actually, a hiatus wouldn't be bad, in my mind. It'd be good for me, as I'd have my Batmobile, Arkham City, and Enterbay stuff to worry about, and it could be worth it to them as well.

Even though I have yet to see a bad movie from him, and believe TDKR won't change that, Nolan has his fair share of skeptics this time around (for some reason). Bottom line: cautious optimism is not the kind of attitude about a property that you have from a potential consumer that you want. You want gratuitous excitement, enthusiasm and hype-overload. Those cautious skeptics aren't going to be as likely to drop $200-250 bucks a pop on figures from a movie that they're "iffy" on, but they might be more inclined to click the PO button after they've seen the film and they still have the excitement and enthusiasm built up.

From what i gather they don't tend to be prompt on VGM for a strike while the iron is hot approach.

I wasn't into the RE figures anyone know how long after the announcement they started making figures?

That's what you're missing, though. These aren't just video game figures, these are Batman video game figures. I think that bumps him up a few notches on the priority list.

Nevertheless, it's a VGM. A different series with different precedence, IMO the best way to judge the speed of this license is too take all the time between announcement to figure of all licenses in the series thus far and use that as a guide

Not entirely sure, but i think so far there's been Resident Evil 4 & 5, Assassins Creed and Metal Gear Solid. That all?

So IMO the time between them getting announced to figures appearing is likely the speed this will move at

Last edited:

How many of those had Backstage in-progress shots, though (and were Batman related)?

Speaking of Backstage pics, I actually think that tease made the wait worse. If it was just the teaser, it would've been one of those "awesome, can't wait to see it" moments, but that glimpse was just enough to get me hulking out and screaming "MOAR!!! I WANT MOAR!!!"

Sideshow doesn't go to NYCC and therefore neither does HT.

Wow that sucks for me, honestly that was main reason I wanted to go. :gah:

Sorry to revive the thread without news but this is my most anticipated Hot Toys figure and it's a shame to see it on the 3rd page.

We need a reveal from Hot Toys on this soon :impatient:

I agree wholeheartedly, and I'm glad that you bumped it. Seeing it on the third page made me sad. :(

Hopefully, they can get their minds off of The Avengers and show us something (be it from this or TDKR, preferably this, though).

Was thinking about this, with so many to choose from picking figures to want is easy, so how about picking 3 figures you would't want? i found it quite hard :lol

Penguin
Blackmask
The Mad Hatter

At Hot Toys prices I'd only buy Batman and Joker. Maybe Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman and Two-Face.

Here's my list of instant buys

1. Batman: Regular and BD
2. Joker
3. Catwoman
4. Two-face ( Really liked his look in the game)

Maybes

1. Robin
2. Mr. Freeze
3. Penguin

Hopefully we see something from this line soon. :impatient:

Hot toys strategy is bad they should release as soon as they can before people forget about Arkham City and their release for each Avenger is slow but then again I am assuming they have a prototype to show

Hot toys strategy is bad they should release as soon as they can before people forget about Arkham City and their release for each Avenger is slow but then again I am assuming they have a prototype to show

Must be sarcasm :huh

Well .... Not really but the time between Hawkeye fury cap was pretty quick and suddenly no new announcements .... .quite baffling :/

Well .... Not really but the time between Hawkeye fury cap was pretty quick and suddenly no new announcements .... .quite baffling :/

I have to agree with nova on this. You're not seeing things right. Here are the dates of all 4 Avengers figures PO announcements.

Nick Fury - Feb 20
Hawkeye - March 30
Captain America - April 21
Thor - May 4

Thats a figure @ every 2 1/2 weeks.

Any faster and most of us wouldn't be able to pay our bills.

Of course, I'm dying to PO Batman AC also!

Lord help us all if we have to wait a few extra days for the next Avengers announcement.

I think he meant "release" as when they will be in peoples hands. Movie will be long gone from the theaters at that point. Its just like this Arkham City- By the time they release MAYBE two figures from this game, a new game will be out or about to be out.

This line should have been announced last year before the game hit, and we should have a figure in our hands by now.

Its Batman, it will sell. But I dont think as well as they hope. People already know another game is in the works, so some might wait it out.

They will always get that collector money. They want that on top of the spur of the moment money from casual fans. If those Avengers HT were able to be out right now, this month and next would be huge for HT. But going to have to wait 3-7+ months more, those people will have forgotten all about it. Sorry a dvd/blu release dont help push collectibles to the average fan. And the first one is Fury. Who the hell wants that anyways.

Dont expect big hits like HT Supes and HT 89 Bats and Jack. Those were 30+ and 20+ years of wait.

As for this line for me. I would like to see something or hear something asap. I need my fix. Im not buying jack____ from HT until the 89 Batmobile, or Returns which ever comes first. (or a Statham). So there will be a big gap of nothing since I got my Bats and Jokers. So any news I look forward to.

Thanks bantha fett but also I believe that maybe they should have shown all the avengers characters before the movie... This way people more people will order the whole team without knowing who they like and who they don't and hot toys can capitalism on that.... Just my two cents :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back