Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

Plastic Enemies just posted this:

e6b89b5d.jpg

I know that they sometimes post random images, but it seems strange that they'd post something this old for no reason...

Last edited:

Plastic Enemies just posted this:

e6b89b5d.jpg

I know thy they sometimes post random images, but it seems strange that they'd post something this old for no reason...

Thanks for the info. I am drooling at the thought of a reveal this weekend :pray:

I drool as well, but stay cautiously optimistic, as it could be nothing just as well as it could be something.

____ yeah! :rock

I don't trust Plastic Enemies. They've posted pics of Penelope Cruz from Pirates like two times hinting she'd be shown soon... :lol

Some cut of the AA poster since HTs figure is AC based... Makes a lot of sense.
Plastic Enemies muh ars!

They might have just been looking for a random Arkham picture to tease us with. Shut up and stop crushing my dreams, Riddick! Friggin' buzzkill. :gah:

If they were to reveal this anytime soon, I'd bet on it being around the end of the month with the GOTY and Harely DLC coming out. Otherwise SDCC is more likely. They did tease yet another Avenger figure and we still got Bane out there so it could be a while for this, especially since it was just a WIP tease and not a finished figure tease.

It would make some sense to unveil it around this time, with the GOTY edition getting Arkham City more publicity.

I think HT should just get the elephant out of the room. Most of us (I'm speaking realistically, of course) believe that Batman is the only figure that we're guaranteed, with a Joker if we're lucky. Think of it this way:

TDKR:
Batman, Bane, Catwoman, 1/4 Batman, 1/4 Bane (potentially), 1/4 Catwoman (potentially).
Batman Returns: Batman, Penguin, Catwoman, 1/4 Batman, 1/4 Penguin (potentially), 1/4 Catwoman (potentially).

The general consensus is that we're going to see the least amount of merchandise from the Arkham City, so why not get it out of the way before they start on the other, potentially more expansive Batman licenses. That way, if they decide to revisit the line later, after the movie stuff has died down, we'll be happy, but if not, then we have no expectations that we'll be seeing more figures after Batman and Joker, if we see that after Joker they've started on the TDKR, Returns, etc. stuff. If that makes any sense.

I think Hot Toys are aware that their figures are certianly not cheap so spacing out the 2 different batman franchise release dates(AC & TDKR) would be the smarter move.

No they aren't, if that were the case, there wouldn't be a new Avengers reveal once every two weeks.

What's bothering me is that it's Arkham Asylum Batman, not Arkham City... if HT are doing both, God help me, I wouldn't be able to turn either down.

...and then today, one of the Hot Toys Community guys posted one of the Arkham City promo pictures. My god, if we saw this this month, I would be ecstatic.

What's bothering me is that it's Arkham Asylum Batman, not Arkham City... if HT are doing both, God help me, I wouldn't be able to turn either down.

Me too man :monkey1. The same goes for Joker. If Hot Toys ever did a Titan Joker and a scarred, disfigured Joker from AC, I won't be able to pass that up either.

Well aren't both the suits from AA and AC the same? But I could see them doing that base suit and the armored suit.

Really didn't like that the Armored Batsuit didn't make it into Arkham City.

Is there a difference between them?

I don't trust Plastic Enemies. They've posted pics of Penelope Cruz from Pirates like two times hinting she'd be shown soon... :lol

They posted a Black Widow pic a few weeks back and then... Nothing.

Some cut of the AA poster since HTs figure is AC based... Makes a lot of sense.
Plastic Enemies muh ars!

An AA pic makes no sense :dunno

It would make some sense to unveil it around this time, with the GOTY edition getting Arkham City more publicity.

It would, but they didn't unveil the MGS figures with the arrival of the HD Collection on consoles or the Snake Eater on 3DS either this year, so it doesn't seem to matter to them.

I think Hot Toys are aware that their figures are certianly not cheap so spacing out the 2 different batman franchise release dates(AC & TDKR) would be the smarter move.

:exactly: i'm of the opinion having different Batman figures competing with each other at the same time would divide customers into choosing, leading into less potential sales of one of them.

Is there a difference between them?

i think it's just the gauntlets.

Never noticed the gauntlet difference before, good catch.

Actually there are a few differences between the two suits. The gauntlets, boot guards and belt are all different. Some might also argue that the suit is blue in AA and black in AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back