Art Figures: The King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry. Turning the possessive pronoun "mine" into the plural noun "mines" is a big pet peeve of mine. :wave

While we're on the subject of pet peeves, mine is putting an apostrophe in a plural noun.

Thought I'd share. :wave

Here's mine, but with a twist... Custom head and TT body.

ea4b9a8c.jpg

4d51b2b8.jpg

210dd38d.jpg

04f0e9d5.jpg

033a36e7.jpg

And with his buddies...
fc4134bf.jpg

Yeah, I just got around to dressing this right now and the bloody arm snapped. Lame, but the outfit and accessories are amazing.

really?! :slap

I think what it is, is that the it's screwed in too tight. the left arm on mine was tight as well so I loosened the screw up and the arm moves just fine now. I'm going to drill out the stump that's left from the snapping and put in a 1/8 basswood dowel in it's place and use some epoxy putty to secure it. hopefully that will do the trick. if not then I'll just have to buy another body I guess.

I may try and fix the body too for future use. But for Aragorn, I just plopped him on a TT narrow. The outfit fits the body well it turns out.

Having finished dressing him now, I have to say this clothing set is second only to the DX Jack Sparrow (not having seen Anjelica in person) among 1:6 scale figure. It is just a masterful recreation of the outfit, top quality work in both materials and assembly. Also the best looking bendable hands I have seen yet.

If Art Figures had done the likeness better this would be a Toy of the Year figure.

I think what it is, is that the it's screwed in too tight. the left arm on mine was tight as well so I loosened the screw up and the arm moves just fine now. I'm going to drill out the stump that's left from the snapping and put in a 1/8 basswood dowel in it's place and use some epoxy putty to secure it. hopefully that will do the trick. if not then I'll just have to buy another body I guess.

Get one of those $30 knock off TTs.

I may try and fix the body too for future use. But for Aragorn, I just plopped him on a TT narrow. The outfit fits the body well it turns out.

Having finished dressing him now, I have to say this clothing set is second only to the DX Jack Sparrow (not having seen Anjelica in person) among 1:6 scale figure. It is just a masterful recreation of the outfit, top quality work in both materials and assembly. Also the best looking bendable hands I have seen yet.

If Art Figures had done the likeness better this would be a Toy of the Year figure.

Agreed on all counts.

And for me this is "best surprise figure of the year." easily.

Got this guy today, initially I was very impressed with what I found in the box... then I started dressing him and the right arm snapped off.:slap Checking some older posts, I see some of you switched it to a TT.

I'm kinda new to 1/6 figures, if someone could point me in the right direction in terms of what TT body I should get and how much modding will be needed. I really want to display him as its a beautiful piece. Thanks in advance.

I just got this figure but I think I'm missing some parts. I've seen some pictures of a necklace with the pendant from Arwen and a ring (the one ring or a different ring?). Did those pieces come with the figure or were they custom jobs?

If they came with the figure, is it possible to take a picture of the items (off of the figure)? I need to submit pictures to my retailer in the event these pieces were actually missing.

Other than that, it's a really amazing figure. I wish they had released a couple more characters from LOTR

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
IMG_6507.jpg

IMG_6508.jpg

Don't panic yet. The ring is really small, and you might have just missed it.

As for the Evenstar necklace, many of us received the figure with it hidden way inside the neck joint. Really check in there before you say it's not there.

Back