Art Figures: The King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review Mags :clap

I'm going to have to order this again on next pay day. Had to cancel as I was jobless at the time and things weren't looking good. But now I think I can swing this after paying some bills :yess:

Mine came usps.

For those of you who think you don't have an evenstar, mine was around the neck and I tried turning it and it went completely down his neck. I probably won't be able to get it out. The head on mine is very loose and has a big gap all the way around the neck. I'm afraid to remove the head for fear it won't go back on since it doesn't seem to be on a peg.

For the price this is a nice figure and I like the sculpt better than I thought, but like the clothes less. The holes in the hands aren't too nice either. :lol

But....it's not Hot Toys, so I'm happy with it.

I got mine today too. Thanks to Ween for that info. I had to pull his head off, but it was down there in the body. A lot of stuff to put together, tweezers helped a lot! Thanks Maglor, now if I can just get mine looking as nice as yours.

you-can-do-it.jpg

Mags, your pics gave me that extra push! :hi5:

finally reordered this from Monkey Depot. Cots was on backorder and didn't want to take the chance that they woudn't get more in. can't wait to have him in hand.

:hi5:

Awesome! You wont regret it.

Prepare for the most hardcore futzing of your life. :wave :lol

:lol I'm actually looking forward to futzing! I might not be the futzmaster but I do like a good futz challenge when I can get it :lol

Also, he shipped!!! Quick service as always from Monkey Depot! Hoping to has him by Friday!

Regarding futzing: It would actually be more accurate to say that the assembly/dressing is difficult. Once you get the clothes on right, he's actually much easier to futz than any of the LOTR Sideshow figures due to the fact that the fabric is nicely in scale.

No kidding! I almost felt like they just threw all the parts to this thing in the box, unassembled. The factory people took one look at it and said, "No way am I touching this anymore than I have to!"

Lacking tweezers, it was impossible for me to close his red tunic, so I just left it open underneath the outer tunic. Really didn't matter, since none of it is seen and the outer tunic was a tight enough fit to hold the red one in a closed position. Everything else, I managed to get right and he looks great! Honestly, I haven't enjoyed a new figure this much in awhile. I don't even mind the likeness issue, in-hand.

No kidding! I almost felt like they just threw all the parts to this thing in the box, unassembled. The factory people took one look at it and said, "No way am I touching this anymore than I have to!"

:lol :exactly:

Dragon does that to.

Lacking tweezers, it was impossible for me to close his red tunic, so I just left it open underneath the outer tunic. Really didn't matter, since none of it is seen and the outer tunic was a tight enough fit to hold the red one in a closed position. Everything else, I managed to get right and he looks great! Honestly, I haven't enjoyed a new figure this much in awhile. I don't even mind the likeness issue, in-hand.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Straight-Tweezer-Forceps-Stainless-Quality/dp/B00762GSYM/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1342040724&sr=1-1[/ame]

No way I could stand knowing it wasn't buttoned under there. :thud:

So I finally got this figure today! Was very excited to open. Box looked great loved the foam inserts. First thing I picked up was the sword. Has a nice shine to it. Looked over all the packets making sure I had the ring and the necklace. Clothes are of nice materials with some really nice details.

But literally, right after I took the figure out of the box to being assembling all his components, the right arm snapped at the shoulder joint :mad: From what I seems, the screw was way too tight and the plastic a little too brittle. it tooks hours to repair (lots of sanding, cutting and glueing) but luckily I was able to fix it. I'm still waiting for the super glue to completely cure.

But even with a non cured superglued back together right arm I was able to put on all his layers. I have to say that it seems Art figure left not detail unturned in terms of how all the layers attached/close. The real working buttons on the chain mail shirt and the metal neck strap were nice. All the metal buckles were a nice touch.

While putting him together I felt like this is how the real costume must of been assembled and I feel like this figure really stands out in my LOTR collection. The paint is great on the head and hands and the bendy hands are actually quite nice IMO.

So I'm disappointed about the shoulder as I'm always going to feel like its one moment away from snapping again. But the figure looks a great so I'm overall very happy with this purchase. I'm planning on making a decals for the acrylic base it comes with. I hope this is selling well (would seem like it with both VP and Cots sold out) and that Art Figures sees it and jumps at the opportunity to make more. Would love for them to try out gimli though that would require a new body to highly unlikely. I wouldn't mind a Legolas at this quality :D

A quick pic of mine. He'll be getting his own shelf soon enough. Sorry about the quality. It was taken as uploaded with my phone. Seems like the quality went down when the mobiel photobucket app resized it :( No time to doctor it up a bit

df517abe.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work G! That's one crowded shelf! :lol

Sucks about the arm. I'd be inclined to replace the body with a TT. :(

1 question: How the hell did you attach the sword to the belt?

:lol yea he's going to get a new shelf with Legolas, Boromir, and Strider once I get Strider back.

Yea the arm sucks but I checked it today and seems to be alright. Will just have to be gentle when posing him.

As for the sword, mine came with 2 straps in the smaller bag that had the ring in it. Then there was also a second belt in the box that was the exact one that goes on the outer white tree tunic so I attached he straps to the extra belt and voila!

Did yours come with the extra belt and straps?

Yeah, mine has all that, but I still can't figure it out. If you have time later, could you take a pic of how you have it attached?

Arm broke again. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new body. Sucks big time.

Anywhoo, here are those pics of the sword attached to the extra belt.

afbd8e9c.jpg

ae1a4881.jpg

919bfe45.jpg

Sucks about the arm man. :(

Thanks for the pics. Still not sure why two belts would be needed...

i used one of the belts to hold the red under tunic closed, mines shoulder broke too put him on a tt

Back