Art Figures: The King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't panic yet. The ring is really small, and you might have just missed it.

As for the Evenstar necklace, many of us received the figure with it hidden way inside the neck joint. Really check in there before you say it's not there.

Awesome, those are perfect, thanks a lot!

I'll check the neck joint, I didn't even think to check there. Thanks again!
:hi5:

I have one for sale if anyone's interested. $60 delivered. Check my BST in my sig.

I have an extra that I was going to sell. But I don't think I'd give it away for that cheap. Someone should jump on that, it's a great figure. Easily my favorite LOTR figure.

Did you find it? :)

I did find it last night! Thanks! It had fallen into the body so I had to get it out with tweezers. I still can't find the ring, so I assume I lost it (or it wasn't in the baggie). I try to be careful with my figures, but it's so small, who knows?

And $60 for that figure is a steal! I paid double that!

Yeah, when I took that picture I had to dig the necklace way out of the body again. :D

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I finally picked one of these up a couple of months ago. I upgraded the body (using an Asmus Aragorn body), and added the rooted hair Asmus Aragorn head, elven knife, hands and stand. The costume by Art Figures is exceptional, well-executed and multi-layered. Pretty satisfied with the results.

I had the same exact plan. Picked up the figure a couple of months ago, as well and ordered the rooted hair Asmus Aragorn head to replace the figure's noggin. Just haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Yours does look very good so I'm glad it will work out well for me, too.

Is the Andruil sword metal or plastic? How does it size up next to the ACI sword? (ACI's are nicely detailed, but slightly short, based on Weta stats.)

I always used the Anduril letter opener when I still had the Aci version . Bit oversized but damn cool.

Hi there,
I just set up the Art figures Aragorn model kit. Why "model kit" ? Because, you cannot use all that is in the box, and you have to work to make it presentable, but once it's done it's a great piece.
So, I used:
Asmus slim Aragorn body and head.
Asmus Aragorn left hand, and a right hand I don't know who it belonged to.
Asmus Aragorn slim necklace.
Asmus Aragorn slim knife.
ACI Anduril.
Art figures costume.

At first, the Asmus head would not fit on the Art figures body, so you have to use a compatible body. But Asmus's body is a little shorter than the other, so I had to cut the fabric of the tunic at the neckband, around 2mm.

IMG_7790.JPG

Then, I removed a lot of fabric near the attachs of the mantle. It was way too puffy.

IMG_7796.JPG

At last I highlighted the shoulder armor with some gold, gave the beard a repaint, and I tried to give him the Black gate hairstyle, but it was quite difficult because of the product (gel ? glue ?) Asmus put in the hair. I did what I could, if you look not too close it does the job. Anyway it's better than the Art figures bizarre head. Overall a superb figure once futzed, if you don't mind the haircut that is far from perfect.
:)

IMG_7817'.JPG

IMG_7819.JPG

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

IMG_7824.JPG

IMG_7825.JPG

IMG_7826.JPG

IMG_7827.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7817.JPG
    IMG_7817.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 213
A very good job and I love the pose.

I had the same plan to add the Asmus head to the Art Figures body but now that you said that it is not comparable, I may follow your lead.

Thanks for sharing.

Great job!

Hello Asmus...can you really look at these pics and stand by the statement that you have no plans to do more versions of Aragorn?

I finally got around to taking the figure out of the box and updating/upgrading it.

I had the extra Asmus Slim Aragorn head sculpt waiting, as well as a pair of spare hands from the same figure. I used a knockoff true type body and removed the feet.

Popped off the original Art Figures head sculpt (hideous...) and did the same to the boots. That's when I found that the connectors to the "feet" were completely different to the true type. I swapped the outfit over to the new body and tossed the old body in the trash can. For some reason, I've saved the hideous original head sculpt...

The outfit is well done but there were a couple of issues I ran into:

1. The red outer tunic sleeves needed to be trimmed in order to not bunch up inside the bracers.

2. The outer black outfit seemed to be heavily weathered. I rubbed a cotton swab with water around those areas to remove the weathering some. Seemed to help.

3. The buttons on the red outer tunic and the outer black outfit were frustrating to work with. The ones on the red tunic were supposed to work somewhat like buttons. I couldn't get even one to work so gave up, as the black outfit would cover them up, anyways. Unfortunately, the black outfit had two "pins" that are supposed to snap into little holes on the other side. They barely held, as long as you didn't look at them too much... My hope is that when Asmus finally comes around to releasing their version of this figure, they'll have a completely different approach to the outfit.

As for the boots, I ended up just stuffing the footless legs into the boots and used a spare Asmus LOTR stand to hold up the figure.

I hope to one day soon work on the hair and get it looking like it did in the film. I just wasn't ready to tackle that aspect yet, especially after dealing with the buttons/snaps of the tunics...

And yet, I do like how it's come out, so far. For an 8 year old outfit and accessories, it's not bad looking at all. I'm sure Asmus will be able to take it to the next level in accuracy and detailing, so until that figure arrives, this one will stand in its place.

Aragorn at Black Gate 1 sm sm.jpg
Aragorn at Black Gate 2 sm sm.jpg
Aragorn at Black Gate 3 sm sm.jpg

Last edited:
Back