Arnie Kim joins the Hot Toys team... And Reeves Superman is his project!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, EB is a mess. It's not surprising Arnie went for HT.

Their quality control sucks. The prices they charge, I can't believe they can't get that part down. Jet Li comes out with missing eyebrows, Lord Godless has skin disease. It's freaking annoying.

Based on what I rememebr reading here I really hope with more talent on board they can spread out the projects a little and allow these talents to work on the head sculpts for a bit longer to get it right. But I am sure with the many licenses HT has procured it's still rush rush rush
:borg:

Now that's a surprise, I guess Arnie will try to update the DX Bruce Lee head, I really hope he does. This is exciting news, Arnie is on fire!

Now that's a surprise, I guess Arnie will try to update the DX Bruce Lee head, I really hope he does. This is exciting news, Arnie is on fire!

I would be surprised if he does. Wouldn't that be stepping on his co-worker's toes? Each artist has his or her own idea of what the figure should look like, right? Unless Hot Toys as a company felt they need the tweaking. Otherwise, I don't think on his first day of work, Arnie is going to diss his fellow artist.

Yes I want them to be as happy as they can be at HT so their creative juices flow at max and can feed of each other to bring only the best. no stepping on each others toes here :lecture

I would be surprised if he does. Wouldn't that be stepping on his co-worker's toes? Each artist has his or her own idea of what the figure should look like, right? Unless Hot Toys as a company felt they need the tweaking. Otherwise, I don't think on his first day of work, Arnie is going to diss his fellow artist.

True that, but when we are talking about Bruce Lee, Arnie Kim IS the man. :p

An artist should be able to take criticism. At the very least, he should be able to overlook the piece and help make it better. They must know that the BD head is not looking the best it could. Artists should not be so stubborn to ignore ways to improve. There's always someone better than you out there, learn from them.

Any person should be able to take criticism! Oh well but the reality is most cannot. Just look at this forum as a matter of fact have you looked at the world lately?? ;) so if most of us can't do it then that first statement really has no grounds?
Only way to get productive is to all stay respectful, respect each others territory and offer good intentions and hope the other person will ask you for your opinion. It would be amateurish for Arnie to walk into HT walk up to Yulli and say let me help you fix your headsculpt

Indeed, I guess "artist" was just used as a more narrow term.

But, I would think the sculptors collaborate with each other at the very least! I'm assuming HT is a positive environment for artists; they should be able to ask and help out each other often. I'd find it hard to believe that Arnie and Yullie haven't talked about the BL they're putting out.

I didn't mean that someone should just walk into your work spot and try to take control of it though.

Last edited:
I am sure they will be a happy family as they seem to know each other outside work already but when it comes to your pride and joy (your collection, your sculpt oh and your children) ppl are just sensitive so you gotto be careful :p
I have to shamefully say that I am usually a very understanding and generally nice person but when my wife had her babyshower recently and I stayed to prep food and to shoot video and I heard her telling every guest that arrived "yeah I know, my husband is crazy eh? all this junk he wastes his money on ..." and then my mother joined in and this kept on and on and then they started teasing this 2yr old with my Batman by waving it in front of him and saying you want it YOU WAN IT... I blew up said a few nasty things and went to the bedroom like a pissed of kid... looking back it was well quite embarassing but they all know now not to mess with my collection :(

I am sure they will be a happy family as they seem to know each other outside work already but when it comes to your pride and joy (your collection, your sculpt oh and your children) ppl are just sensitive so you gotto be careful :p
I have to shamefully say that I am usually a very understanding and generally nice person but when my wife had her babyshower recently and I stayed to prep food and to shoot video and I heard her telling every guest that arrived "yeah I know, my husband is crazy eh? all this junk he wastes his money on ..." and then my mother joined in and this kept on and on and then they started teasing this 2yr old with my Batman by waving it in front of him and saying you want it YOU WAN IT... I blew up said a few nasty things and went to the bedroom like a pissed of kid... looking back it was well quite embarassing but they all know now not to mess with my collection :(

Ouch ! Not cool to make fun of a man and his dolls :lol

"yeah I know, my husband is crazy eh? all this junk he wastes his money on ..."

OK, so now you get a few mates around who have three year old daughters and you let them run riot with your wife's make-up and play dress-ups with her Sunday best. I'm sure your wife will take it in good humour, get back to us with the results :lol

Any person should be able to take criticism! Oh well but the reality is most cannot. Just look at this forum as a matter of fact have you looked at the world lately?? ;) so if most of us can't do it then that first statement really has no grounds?
Only way to get productive is to all stay respectful, respect each others territory and offer good intentions and hope the other person will ask you for your opinion. It would be amateurish for Arnie to walk into HT walk up to Yulli and say let me help you fix your headsculpt

Agreed.

Makes me mad when I see people say 'Arnie, please fix the DX04' !!

What the hell!! thats like going up to top class chef who just poured his signiture sauce onto your steak and then asking him to pass the salt!!

C'mon people, be real. If HT does ask or let Arnie fix the Bruce then I think its the wrong move.

I would love for them to fix it. But I'm just saying if I was in Yulli's shoes, MY project all of a sudden became HIS project. There may be bruised egos. No different than in the corporate world. We all want our credit and recognition.

Kim should resculpt bruce. You buy a mans talents, you better be putting them to optimal use. Kim should atleast resculpt the body definition.

LOL I thought this would only happen in an Asian family :thud:

Any of you guys think that maybe Arnie left ETB because he is sick and tired of doing Bruce Lee? I mean, I am sure he love BL but he is also a very talented person and a talent like that should be limited to just Bruce Lee.

In fact I dare say now that Arnie is with HT, maybe he will never touch Bruce Lee again. He is probably really happy that he get to work on Reeves and also sculpt a whole new body for him.

Back