Aquaman (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aquaman's first Wednesday: $16.9 million
TLJ's first Wednesday: $16.88 million

That's right, Aquaman, the joke of the DC universe, is now trending better than Luke Skywalker lighting up his saber for the first time in 34 years.

That's right, Aquaman, the joke of the DC universe, is now trending better than Luke Skywalker lighting up his saber for the first time in 34 years.

Oh look I have a gaping wound could you please pass the lemon juice :lol

Yeah, but TLJ's first Wednesday was before Xmas, not after like Aquaman (i.e., it wasn't a holiday for most people). TLJ's first 3 weeks were $297M, $168M and $84.3M. Aquaman's first week was $137M. Even if it matches that the next 2 weeks, it'll be @$140M behind. :lol

Yeah, but TLJ's first Wednesday was before Xmas, not after like Aquaman (i.e., it wasn't a holiday for most people). TLJ's first 3 weeks were $297M, $168M and $84.3M. Aquaman's first week was $137M. Even if it matches that the next 2 weeks, it'll be @$140M behind. :lol

Well yes obviously but only because of their respective opening weekends. Once you take the "Follow-up opening to TFA" vs. "Follow-up opening to JL" out of the equation then you're left with word of mouth buzz which is where we're at now.

So its hit 630m. My prediction was right it will make 800m to 1bn. My 1 bn predicion was with a very good US run.

Dude I am sooo sorry I missed that small yet ever so critical detail my wife always tells me to pay more attention to details she is right I have failed you :lol

:lol That's perfect!!! Her expression is priceless for that.

That is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Only M United believed.

Last edited:
Well yes obviously but only because of their respective opening weekends. Once you take the "Follow-up opening to TFA" vs. "Follow-up opening to JL" out of the equation then you're left with word of mouth buzz which is where we're at now.

But....TLJ made roughly $150M more than Aquaman on its opening weekend ($220M vs. $70M). It made $620M during its domestic run. Aquaman would need to make > $470M in the U.S. for your argument to hold. That's a multiplier of @6.7, which would be unheard of. You're correct that relative to its own numbers it's trending better (and will likely have a better multiplier than TLJ's), but Arthur's boxing in an entirely different weight class.

Just saw Aquaman for a second time. The story and dialogue is pretty weak but the action is just amazing and saves the movie along with a fantastic Momoa. Still recommend it but its not the best DCEU movie MOS and WW are better.

Saw it last night. In some ways more than I expected e.g. stuffed with lots of stuff re characters and visuals. Seems to try here and there for some depth and then turns around and is pretty much "who cares, let's have a fight scene WITH an explosion and Jason Mamoa doin' a pose."

*Eh*. Some stuff pretty cool, some bad performance moments (Amber Heard was unevenly awful at times), guess with this kind of movie doesn't matter. Felt like a B movie on an A movie budget or Fast and Furious underwater. By the end I was getting bored and I like long movies. And yeah, it shamelessly rips off any number of other films.

But this movie wasn't about shame or narrative flow, it was about comic book characters and cool **** and Jason Mamoa doin' badass stuff. Which is probably why it works:cool:. Not sorry I saw it but wouldn't pay to see it again. Person I went with had pretty much same opinion.

That's right, Aquaman, the joke of the DC universe, is now trending better than Luke Skywalker throwing his saber over his shoulder for the first time in 34 years.

Fixed.

Z0DigSg.gif

2nd Weekend % Drops:

Aquaman 23.5
Blade 1: 36
Spiderman 1: 37
Wonder Woman: 43
Batman Begins: 44
Black Panther: 44
The Amazing Spiderman: 44
Thor 1: 47
Iron Man 1: 48