Aquaman (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd Weekend % Drops:

Aquaman 23.5
Blade 1: 36
Spiderman 1: 37
Wonder Woman: 43
Batman Begins: 44
Black Panther: 44
The Amazing Spiderman: 44
Thor 1: 47
Iron Man 1: 48
Spiderman 2: 48
Doctor Strange: 49
Avengers 1: 50
The Dark Knight: 52
Hellboy 1: 53
Spiderman into the Spiderverse: 53
X-Men 2: 53
Punisher (Jane's): 54
Thor Ragnorak: 54
Daredevil: 55
Guardians of the Galaxy 1: 55
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 55
Ghost Rider 1: 55
Venom: 55
Ant-Man: 56
Avengers Infinity War: 56
Logan: 56
Captain America The Winter Soldier: 56
X-Men 1: 56
X-Men First Class: 56
Blade 3: 57
Deadpool: 57
Justice League 57
Thor The Dark World: 57
Iron Man 3: 58
Avengers Age of Ultron: 59
Captain America Civil War: 59
Fantastic Four 1: 59
Ghost Rider 2: 59
Iron Man 2: 59
Blade 2: 60
Captain America The First Avenger: 60
The Incredible Hulk: 60
Spiderman 3: 61
The Amazing Spiderman 2: 61
The Dark Knight Returns: 61
Ant-Man and the Wasp: 62
Dredd: 62
Spiderman Homecoming: 62
Superman Returns: 63
X-Men Days of Future Past: 64
Man of Steel: 64
Deadpool 2 65
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer: 65
X-Men Apocalypse: 65
Green Lantern: 66
X-Men The Last Stand: 66
Punisher Warzone: 67
Suicide Squad: 67
Watchmen: 67
Fantastic Four (Trank's): 68
Batman v Superman: 69
Hulk (Ang's): 69
X-Men Origins Wolverine: 69
Hellboy 2: 70

On the list of top opening weekends Aquaman sits in 131st place. It's 2nd weekend landed it in 44th place. Percentages aren't that impressive when you're that far down the list. :lol Hell, several of those movies (in bold) made more in their 2nd weekends than Aquaman made in its first. From collecting & sequel making standpoints I'm glad it's doing well, but let's keep things in perspective.

Yeah, I think the point is how much good word of mouth the movie has, and how much legs it'll have going forward, not a direct comparison of how much money it makes.

That's still impressive for a % drop though. I think it could top 900 million worldwide.

No argument there, but I think it's influenced a bit by the release timing. Some people may have delayed seeing it due to Xmas travel plans. That was my intention, but then after arriving at my destination a slew of us went to see it late Sunday night (12/23). :lol

How did they come up with such an impossible low # of 23.5 is that really an apples to apples comparison to the others on that list?

Word of mouth, the moons aligning, lots of factors lol either way I wouldn't put too much value on the numbers

The only thing that helps it, is the way the holidays fell this year

Really??? It has nothing to do with the quality of the movie lol.. Do you know how insane that sounds like seriously lol ... Movie producers take note, release crap movies whenever xmas falls on Tuesday and they will break records and make money no matter how ****** they are just because of the timing of the release, the magic date is when Xmas falls on Tuesday.

Really??? It has nothing to do with the quality of the movie lol.. Do you know how insane that sounds like seriously lol ... Movie producers take note, release crap movies whenever xmas falls on Tuesday and they will break records and make money no matter how ****** they are just because of the timing of the release, the magic date is when Xmas falls on Tuesday.

:exactly:

It is a fun movie that is why it's doing well. Not every movie has to be an epic story masterpiece you can have a popcorn flick that is just extremely fun.

I really enjoyed this movie. If WB does actually make a New Gods movie it needs to be directed by Wan.

:lol :lol

"If you thought Jake riding a giant air dragon was impressive just wait till you see the size of the underwater monster that he ri--aw crap."

:lol :lol :lol

It is a fun movie that is why it's doing well. Not every movie has to be an epic story masterpiece you can have a popcorn flick that is just extremely fun.

I enjoyed AM but ironically enough for a movie that takes place in the deep it sure had a shallow narrative.

It was definitely a step in the right direction after that abysmal JL so that’s a plus but WB needs to do better with the stakes.

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

I enjoyed AM but ironically enough for a movie that takes place in the deep it sure had a shallow narrative.

It was definitely a step in the right direction after that abysmal JL so that’s a plus but WB needs to do better with the stakes.

To be fair James Wan can only do what he is given and the story that he was given he has done well in my opinion. We all know James Wan comedy is not the best but he exceslls everywhere else so he more than makes up for that.

Also saw that Aquaman script was done before JL makes sense because in JL Aquaman knew Mera very well but in Aquaman he didn't. They did well if you think about it that was the only issue that i saw.

Back