Anyone have NECA Robocop pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell you this: the NECA looks a lot better in person. I don't know why the hip joints look so terrible in Pizza's pics, but the exposed screws are there, as well as the on-off switch.
The paint looked alright on the one I saw.

The ones I saw look downright silly. I've never liked the look of NECA's robo. Too matte, and dry. Doesnt have that clean crisp look like Sideshow has. Or Hot Toys...or McF's.

I dunno, im partial to if it looks good, it is good, rather then if it looks good, but not accurate it sucks.

What in gods name is so bad about Sideshow's? If anything the pics show how shoddy NECA's is. Bad flat paint, horrid mouth likeness, iffy sculpting (letters) and those hidious exposed nails in the back.....I like NECA ok....but...wow.

My 2 dollars.

Actually the mouth area has the Weller likeness on the NECA. It is bulky like the real robocop and has good proportions. Exposed nails who cares, look at that Premium Format figure it looks like a piece of ^^^^, :lol it's an insult to robocop.

For the ones worrying about the paintjob on the NECA, regarding the grey stuff on the mouth etc.. In the last production run NECA produced a much better painted robo, no grey stuff on the mouth and it has a nice metallic shine. look for that one.

Last edited:
The ones I saw look downright silly. I've never liked the look of NECA's robo. Too matte, and dry. Doesnt have that clean crisp look like Sideshow has. Or Hot Toys...or McF's.

That's why you can buy the one with the better paintjob just about as shiny as the HT.

Actually the mouth area has the Weller likeness on the NECA. It is bulky like the real robocop and has good proportions. Exposed nails who cares, look at that Premium Format figure it looks like a piece of ^^^^, :lol it's an insult to robocop.

For the ones worrying about the paintjob on the NECA, regarding the grey stuff on the mouth etc.. In the last production run NECA produced a much better painted robo, no grey stuff on the mouth and it has a nice metallic shine. look for that one.

I dunno my eye still likes the quality of the Sideshow but to each his own. Yeah , maybe it's not 100% proportional to the movie body.And I have to have the gun compartment for sure. But in my opinion if it's going in my collection and I have the choice between the NECA and the SS, it's gonna be he SS PF ROBO. Ultimately it's your hard earned money , spend it how you like.:D

I dunno my eye still likes the quality of the Sideshow but to each his own. Yeah , maybe it's not 100% proportional to the movie body.And I have to have the gun compartment for sure. But in my opinion if it's going in my collection and I have the choice between the NECA and the SS, it's gonna be he SS PF ROBO. Ultimately it's your hard earned money , spend it how you like.:D

Do you know how happy i was when this PF was first introduced, there weren't any good pics available then. I would have spend much more for a good robo PF than what it costs now (being a really big fan of the first film). They just screwed it up big time in my opinion, although i'm glad that other people seem to enjoy it.

Its not about accuracy, its about looking good. To me, NECA's does not. It looks shoddy, like most of their stuff. When their good (V, Jack Sparrow, AvP-R, Kratos) they are GOOD. But when they suck....uggh. I dunno, to me NECA isnt the greatest company. I like McF's stuff way better.

No...no he didnt. I couldnt call that ^^^^ty even if I had a gun to my head. In fact, I want it, and i'll pay big bucks for it. The little one to be more exact. NECA's...I wouldnt pay more then 10 bucks for. With his sad scrunchy face, and the paint...I hate the thing.

But if you like it, more power to ya!

both of the mcfarlane robos are decent. the sculpt and paint are pretty much dead-on. it even has a good base.
the downside is no removable helmet, or leg compartment, which are essential to a good robocop figure.
________
Penny Stock

Last edited:
No...no he didnt. I couldnt call that ^^^^ty even if I had a gun to my head. In fact, I want it, and i'll pay big bucks for it. The little one to be more exact. NECA's...I wouldnt pay more then 10 bucks for. With his sad scrunchy face, and the paint...I hate the thing.

But if you like it, more power to ya!

I with you on this one too bro. I think the Robocop by Mcfarlane is awesome. The accuracy is on par with the Hot Toys one without the big head. I wish they made a 12" without battle damage. That would make my day. As for NECA's Robo...it's not too bad. But by looking at it you do get a flimsy feel about it. I still like it better than the PF robo though. No weird smirk.

I'd still take the Sideshow one between all of them.He looks less cheap than all those plastic toys.

I really appreciate everyones opinions and what they added to this thread. ALL your help has been great. I see in the NECA things I love and hate and vice versa with the SS PF. So to end the debate in my own head I just went ahead and ordered BOTH from Cornerstore comics and got a great deal on both. Thanks alot guys!!

Last edited:
McFarlane Robocop kicks ass. I like my Hot Toys one too but it's a little short. McF's Robocop 7" is one of the best 7" movie figures ever made.

Back