PRESENT TOY PT-SP25 Tombstone Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.bowen

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is already out, got mine a few weeks ago but couldn't find a thread, the proto obviously is using an actual rainman head and a hand tailored suit (can't remember who made it)
Screenshot_20230815-232228.jpg
these are in hand pics I've found out in the wild
FB_IMG_1691344340485.jpg
FB_IMG_1691344348557.jpg
FB_IMG_1691344351038.jpg
FB_IMG_1691344353680.jpg
the figures fine, just fine nothing special, the hands that come with the figure are waaay too big and I was a little disappointed he didn't come with the colt lightning from the proto and instead came with a regular single action as lightnings are harder to come by I think the head is also a tad undersized which makes sense since it's a recast and the hat is soft shiny trash that doesn't hold its original shape, going to do some mods and try to make the figure atleast a little better, anyone else out there received this and have done mods ? Please share pics of what you've done to him

Last edited:
Here's a couple of modded ones I found, I believe this fella dremmeled the body down and added a chain, not sure if he did anything to the face but it looks a little different
FB_IMG_1691344337650.jpg
also this other guy added the cup and touched up the face
FB_IMG_1691144257708.jpg
FB_IMG_1691144260503.jpg
FB_IMG_1691144255657.jpg

The figure actually looks better than I was expecting.

I think with a sickly pale skin repaint, it may capture the character even more.

Did Present Toys release a Wyatt Earp as well?

The figure actually looks better than I was expecting.

I think with a sickly pale skin repaint, it may capture the character even more.

Did Present Toys release a Wyatt Earp as well?
I agree definitely better than I was expecting too, I have no idea if they've done Wyatt sorry
I won't support a recast of a Rainman sculpt, but that was a terrific sculpt.
Fair enough mate I respect you're choices.

Here's what I've done so far, I have a cast of the original rainman head I bought back when I bought the original full figure aswell I never did anything with it and it's been sitting in a parts bin, unfortunately the hat was broken in a few places so I repaired it, dremmeled off the strap and had a go at flocking it to cover up all the cracks, I also made a new strap
IMG_20230815_220738_HDR~2.jpg
and I made a new necktie thingies as the one that came with mine was covered in glue
IMG_20230815_220408_HDR~3.jpg

I was thinking that the hat may just need a quick application of dull coat to tone down the "plastic" look but the flocking looks good too. I know that is a very zoomed pic of the flocked hat but how does it look at normal viewing distance?

I was thinking that the hat may just need a quick application of dull coat to tone down the "plastic" look but the flocking looks good too. I know that is a very zoomed pic of the flocked hat but how does it look at normal viewing distance?
Sorry I zoomed it in for a Facebook upload since they lower the resolution automatically, it sort of just looks like a mini felt hat to me, which is good because that's what I was going for
IMG_20230815_220654_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230815_220738_HDR.jpg
not sure how you'd go doing it to the rubbery stock hat, the real rainman ones hard resin, might need to put a few layers of super glue on the brim to harden it first

I have the original rainman head sculpt unpainted for sale if anyone would like to upgrade this figure. Send me a PM if interested and I can provide pictures and details.

Flocked hat looks great. At first I thought it was fabric.
PT recast doesn't look bad, but the jacket tailoring is terrible.
I still have the original Rainman Doc with the long coat and cup. It was the first custom figure I purchased and at the time I couldn't believe I was paying so much. I also picked up a second head sculpt to go with a custom gambler outfit (can't recall who made that one). At some point I may get them both repainted and haired.

I have a custom Wyatt and I believe Redman released a version.

Too bad nobody ever produced a solid Johnny Ringo. I think Iminime did a custom, but the sculpt didn't look that great.

Finished dremmeling the body to be slimmer and I finished the necktie and added the pocket watch chain, put most of it together and did some futzing and I'm pretty happy with it, next step is to find some better hands and I've also decided to get my rainman sculpt painted instead of using the recast
IMG_20230820_220946_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20230820_221142_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20230820_221411_HDR~2.jpg
hoping to have him from this scene holding his guns
Screenshot_20230805-031221.jpg

Back