Antonio banderas to play khan in next star trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kl241

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, a friend of mine knows somebody close to the Trek movie and saw a screening. He loved it. He also told me some Paramount execs were talking about the writers wanting Antonio Banderas to play a messianic leader from the past that gets reawakened in the next Trek film. Can that be Khan? I know "Space Seed" is the first time that Kirk and Khan meet, but from what I hear the second Trek movie is borrowing "heavily" on a classic episode story line. First, a reboot of Kirk and now KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, a friend of mine knows somebody close to the Trek movie and saw a screening. He loved it. He also told me some Paramount execs were talking about the writers wanting Antonio Banderas to play a messianic leader from the past that gets reawakened in the next Trek film. Can that be Khan? I know "Space Seed" is the first time that Kirk and Khan meet, but from what I hear the second Trek movie is borrowing "heavily" on a classic episode story line. First, a reboot of Kirk and now KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems strange for them to go to all the trouble to set up an alternate time line and then do a remake of the classic series.
Oh well, judging by word of mouth on the first movie JJ Abrams knows what he's doing.

Awesome! Any details about the story? Will the Botany Bay be involved or is there a complete new origin for him?

It seems strange for them to go to all the trouble to set up an alternate time line and then do a remake of the classic series.
Oh well, judging by word of mouth on the first movie JJ Abrams knows what he's doing.

Yep I agree... this is an alternate reality Trek...
nothing that happened before can happen again...
at least it looked that way...

Khan is the rumored villain simply because the writers made a joke about how looking at the Wrath of Khan which people have said is the best Star Trek movie they should naturally go that way. Whether there is truth to that statement or not has yet to be seen but until something is announced fully I would take all of these announcements with a grain of salt and file them into the "Eddie Murphy is playing The Riddler" and "Cher is playing Catwoman" bins.

Star Trek cast would make sequel
Apr 21, 2009

Star Trek actors Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine and Karl Urban have all promised to return in sequels to the new space adventure.

The cast and director JJ Abrams had been tight-lipped about whether they'd commit to further outings on the Starship Enterprise, but at the UK premiere in London they revealed they had signed a contract to make a trilogy and can't wait to get back into their Starfleet uniforms.

Zachary, who plays Spock, said: "If they make more, we all signed on for three so if they want us to, we'll board the ship again."

Karl, who plays ship's doctor, Bones, said: "If this film finds an audience that appreciates it and loves it and has as much fun watching it as we had making it, we'll definitely come back for more."

And Chris Pine, who plays Captain J T Kirk, added: "This movie is yet to come out. I'm praying that it's a success. If it is and they invite me back I'll definitely be a part of it and we'll see what happens."

The rest of the cast were all equally enthusiastic and the fans were all very excited about the new future for Star Trek.

If the thing is a success there will be a sequel obviously and if they are all signed to three its a good indicator but we'll see where exactly they go from here...

Any idea when the sequel will come out?

2011 or 2012? That would be great to have the second Star Trek film in a new series be a Khan pic just like the second one of the original series was a Khan pic. Can you imagine if it turns out to be better than this one? This one looks awesome!

Can't wait.

Khan is the rumored villain simply because the writers made a joke about how looking at the Wrath of Khan which people have said is the best Star Trek movie they should naturally go that way. Whether there is truth to that statement or not has yet to be seen but until something is announced fully I would take all of these announcements with a grain of salt and file them into the "Eddie Murphy is playing The Riddler" and "Cher is playing Catwoman" bins.

NICE, Eddie MURPHEY is playing Riddler and Cher is Catwoman? :banana I read it on the internet. MUST be true.

Apr 21, 2009

Star Trek actors Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine and Karl Urban have all promised to return in sequels to the new space adventure.

The cast and director JJ Abrams had been tight-lipped about whether they'd commit to further outings on the Starship Enterprise, but at the UK premiere in London they revealed they had signed a contract to make a trilogy and can't wait to get back into their Starfleet uniforms.

Zachary, who plays Spock, said: "If they make more, we all signed on for three so if they want us to, we'll board the ship again."

Karl, who plays ship's doctor, Bones, said: "If this film finds an audience that appreciates it and loves it and has as much fun watching it as we had making it, we'll definitely come back for more."

And Chris Pine, who plays Captain J T Kirk, added: "This movie is yet to come out. I'm praying that it's a success. If it is and they invite me back I'll definitely be a part of it and we'll see what happens."

The rest of the cast were all equally enthusiastic and the fans were all very excited about the new future for Star Trek.

If the thing is a success there will be a sequel obviously and if they are all signed to three its a good indicator but we'll see where exactly they go from here...
of course they say they'll make sequels, they want to job security and that paycheck.

Its all fanboy speculation when the first hasnt been released yet...However, what an awesome idea to have Banderas as a younger Khan nicely bridge into Star Trek 2. I also think they NEED to introduce Carol Marcus in the next one...

Apr 21, 2009

better than what some actors have said about GIJoe...
I used to not be down with it, but more and more, i find myself anticipating seeing this movie.

As for GIJoe, i just want to hold onto my 1980s figures, assume a sitting fetal position and rock myself into believing this GIJoe movie is really a bad dream.

Bum, that is hilarious. Yeah I agree with you the new Joe movies looks horrible. Did you see Resolute? That was really good and shows what a Joe movie could have been. Oh well, just hold on to your figures, because the movie is going to be a total let down, in the realm of Batman & Robin I predict.

This is to say the least odd news. This means they will have never met yet though right? Khan and Kirk? My understanding is due to the new film, nothing in the OS happens. So this will be a new origin between the two of them? And doesn't anyone else find it wierd that in an alternate timeline, they will happen uponeach other again, and again, fight? It's just kind of wierd, I'd honestly rather have a new villain.

Plus the circumstances of WOK and Space Seed is what really drives the love of the character Khan.

This is to say the least odd news. This means they will have never met yet though right? Khan and Kirk? My understanding is due to the new film, nothing in the OS happens. So this will be a new origin between the two of them? And doesn't anyone else find it wierd that in an alternate timeline, they will happen uponeach other again, and again, fight? It's just kind of wierd, I'd honestly rather have a new villain.

Plus the circumstances of WOK and Space Seed is what really drives the love of the character Khan.

Not necessarily...the timeline is altered from the point when Kirk is a baby but ultimately he still ends up captain of the Enterprise therefore getting to the same point but via a different route. In theory, he would still meet Khan further down the road...only this time Khan will have actually of met Checkov :rolleyes:

Not necessarily...the timeline is altered from the point when Kirk is a baby but ultimately he still ends up captain of the Enterprise therefore getting to the same point but via a different route. In theory, he would still meet Khan further down the road...only this time Khan will have actually of met Checkov :rolleyes:

Khan in Wrath of Khan was from this new altered timeline! :rolleyes: :lol

Only 9 more days! :banana:banana:banana:banana

Back