Star Trek 4 (Kelvin Timeline)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Never too early for an official thread eh?

Though I must say I'm surprised they're committing to it before Beyond's box office is in...

PARAMOUNT PICTURES, SKYDANCE AND BAD ROBOT

ANNOUNCE A FOURTH “STAR TREK” FILM

CHRIS PINE AND CAST TO BE JOINED BY CHRIS HEMSWORTH, WHO RETURNS TO THE BLOCKBUSTER FRANCHISE AS GEORGE KIRK

HOLLYWOOD, CA (July 18, 2016) – Paramount Pictures, Skydance and Bad Robot today announced that the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise will return to the big screen for another voyage.

In the next installment of the epic space adventure, Chris Pine’s Captain Kirk will cross paths with a man he never had a chance to meet, but whose legacy has haunted him since the day he was born: his father.

Chris Hemsworth, who appeared in 2009’s “STAR TREK,” will return to the space saga as George Kirk to star alongside Pine.

The remaining cast is expected to return.

J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will write the screenplay. J.J. Abrams and Lindsey Weber will produce through Bad Robot Productions. David Ellison and Dana Goldberg of Skydance will executive produce.

“STAR TREK,” the first film in the rebooted franchise based on “Star Trek,” created by Gene Roddenberry, earned more than $380 million worldwide in 2009. The second installment, “STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS,” earned more than $460 million worldwide when it opened in May 2013.

The series’ third film, “STAR TREK BEYOND,” is directed by Justin Lin (“FAST & FURIOUS” franchise) and opens in theaters on July 21, 2016.

Hemsworth is currently starring in “GHOSTBUSTERS” alongside Melissa McCarthy, Kristin Wiig and Kate McKinnon, and filming “THOR: RAGNAROK” and “AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Part 1” back to back. He is repped by CAA and ROAR.

I'll be curious to see how they work Kirk's father into this. Should be interesting.

I'll be curious to see how they work Kirk's father into this. Should be interesting.

Yes, despite the thread title they may need to introduce yet another timeline.

Wonder how they they will address Chekov. :(

1351019201323152708.jpg

Last edited:
I know a lot of fans say they better not recast the role, but that wouldn't bother me really, though they should just have moving on to another ship or duty elsewhere.

He wasn't always part of the original crew anyway. Seems like it should be easy to write him out without necessarily killing him.

I wouldn't have an issue with recasting. Simply put, he took over for the guy who's an icon in that role for decades so another new face after 3 films isn't replacing an icon this time around. His death was terrible and it's sad the way it happened, but if you can "replace" Walter Koenig then you can recast again.

Oh, and all that said, I don't really like these movies much.

glad theyre doin this ...ST > SW...at least for me anyway :)

They need to go someplace else and stop milking the Kirk crew, without Chekov it's not going to be the same. They should go back to the original series movie era and show a different ship and a different crew, something must've been going on elsewhere during TWoK, SFS and TVH...and with the improved effects it could be great especially seeing as the Klingons and the Romulans were at war with Starfleet.

They need to go someplace else and stop milking the Kirk crew, without Chekov it's not going to be the same. They should go back to the original series movie era and show a different ship and a different crew, something must've been going on elsewhere during TWoK, SFS and TVH...and with the improved effects it could be great especially seeing as the Klingons and the Romulans were at war with Starfleet.

I think they may do that in time, like they're doing Star Wars.

As much as I love Anton and his Chekov, he really wasn't a main player. We have no idea until #4 comes out on how they will handle it.

I have to wonder; why? It’s not like the previous 3 have really made much money. When you factor in marketing costs they’ve pretty much made next to nothing.

There seems to be a real push from Paramount for a Star Trek comeback but (and maybe I’m biased because I never liked the OG Star Trek stuff) they aren’t really putting out anything worthwhile.

Picard is beyond dull, Discovery was alright but quickly devolved into crap nonsense and Lower Decks is seemingly hated by hardcore fans.

I can’t tell you the last time anyone I knew mentioned Star Trek in conversation.

Trek sucks. There is Trek content and it all sucks. It has no spirit, no soul.
FTFY.

ca7db7c1981c380c3b3489a47be58154.gif

Kidding aside, I've only ever liked TOS and the TOS-related movies. I've tried TNG and I just can't get into it. TOS was fun pulp with some heart. The rest is too reddit for me. It's far too divorced from my tastes and it comes off as pretentious and hollow to me. I like the JJ flicks for what they are, but they're Trek in name only so I get why proper fans don't like them. I want Kirk & Spock dollies on my shelf, but with so much on my plate from HT, it'll be hard to swing Exo-6's figures, especially if they come out soon. With HT I can put them on installments and pay them off in 1.5 years. Exo-6 puts them out too fast, which is great, especially with how good they are quality-wise, but they're not carried by any stores near me so I have to factor shipping and taxes and it's a nightmare.

Anyway, I'd watch a 4th flick as I like the cast.

Back