Star Trek 4 (Kelvin Timeline)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FTFY.

ca7db7c1981c380c3b3489a47be58154.gif

Kidding aside, I've only ever liked TOS and the TOS-related movies. I've tried TNG and I just can't get into it. TOS was fun pulp with some heart. The rest is too reddit for me. It's far too divorced from my tastes and it comes off as pretentious and hollow to me. I like the JJ flicks for what they are, but they're Trek in name only so I get why proper fans don't like them. I want Kirk & Spock dollies on my shelf, but with so much on my plate from HT, it'll be hard to swing Exo-6's figures, especially if they come out soon. With HT I can put them on installments and pay them off in 1.5 years. Exo-6 puts them out too fast, which is great, especially with how good they are quality-wise, but they're not carried by any stores near me so I have to factor shipping and taxes and it's a nightmare.

Anyway, I'd watch a 4th flick as I like the cast.
TNG cast all day for me. I'd take Picard, Data, Riker, Troi, Crusher, Geordi and Worf over the others. Best cast in total by far. I like Janeway and Sisko mainly from the other two, but their supporting casts came up short to me. Enterprise was kind of a shoe horn to me and felt a little odd, but was still solid.

I am glad someone like EXO is banging out Trek stuff, but the Picard and Janeway sculpts just are not there for me. We will see on the incoming Sisko. Data was pretty good.

TNG cast all day for me. I'd take Picard, Data, Riker, Troi, Crusher, Geordi and Worf over the others. Best cast in total by far. I like Janeway and Sisko mainly from the other two, but their supporting casts came up short to me. Enterprise was kind of a shoe horn to me and felt a little odd, but was still solid.

I am glad someone like EXO is banging out Trek stuff, but the Picard and Janeway sculpts just are not there for me. We will see on the incoming Sisko. Data was pretty good.
I mean, I like Troi and Crusher for... reasons.

tumblr_p1hholzAGF1wuxoomo3_500.gifv

But all the rest... Nah. The Trek philosophy is just not doing it for me. I like bits and pieces but the whole is not my cup of tea. I enjoyed TOS because Kirk, Spock and Bones had great chemistry. Watching TNG was like observing a bunch of pretentious autists try to navigate the minefield of feelings. ANd by God, did I want to go all Butlerian Jihad on Data. I hated him with the force of a thousand suns. Not as much as I hate the Kang casting but pretty close. I don't get how people found Weasly annoying when that goddamn piece of nutty screws was around.

Robot ******* *****.

200.gif

But all the rest... Nah. The Trek philosophy is just not doing it for me. I like bits and pieces but the whole is not my cup of tea. I enjoyed TOS because Kirk, Spock and Bones had great chemistry. Watching TNG was like observing a bunch of pretentious autists try to navigate the minefield of feelings. ANd by God, did I want to go all Butlerian Jihad on Data. I hated him with the force of a thousand suns. Not as much as I hate the Kang casting but pretty close. I don't get how people found Weasly annoying when that goddamn piece of nutty screws was around.

Robot ******* ****.

200.gif
data-laughing-700x449.jpeg

Worf was my favourite character in TNG. It was unfortunate they never saw fit to have him center-stage with Picard in any of the TNG movies. I guess they felt if they did it would have to be a Klingon storyline overall. He was again probably my fave when he moved over to DS9.

Another Kelvin film? They're non-canon to me so I don't care.

Worf was my favourite character in TNG. It was unfortunate they never saw fit to have him center-stage with Picard in any of the TNG movies. I guess they felt if they did it would have to be a Klingon storyline overall. He was again probably my fave when he moved over to DS9.

Another Kelvin film? They're non-canon to me so I don't care.
Klingons?!

let-them-die.gif

I hate Klingons. They're so ugly and annoying. I hate them almost as much as I hate Data. And I hate that toaster almost as much as I hate Clown Kang. My favourite Trek species was... Whatever Boutella was.

456c94a4111ed879c2b44f2ec61ffa310d167762.gifv

Lots of touching there...

tumblr_ou0651YLAN1vpbklao2_500.gifv

Oh my...

cf48e95586d7347029628cc04dc3cd27.gif

But seriously now, I like Vulcans, Romulans and Cardassians. But mostly Vulcans.

27936865f63a107f8139775944e8a769--sexy-star-gene.jpg

They're like autistic Space GrecoRoman Tolkien Elves. Now that's just downright fun and interesting.

Robot ******* *****.

200.gif
No, really. Tell us how you truly feel. Please don’t filter or anything so we get the full juice.

I'm happy that they're giving it another go, the cast was pretty good and had good chemistry.
The stories were so-so, but then again, so have been the majority of the Trek movies.

Agreed with most sentiments regarding the current state of Trek. Most of my family watched the series when they aired, not everything was good but mostly enjoyable overall. Will see this new movie mostly for nostalgia reasons.

I did like Discovery season 2, mostly thanks to Pike (props to Anson Mount). So looking forward to Strange New Worlds.

Paramount has been handling Star Trek properties relatively badly. The animated stuff are mostly ok but these live action films/shows are just.... ugh....

Ok, the last Star Trek movie was enjoyable to me even if I wished they spent more time in the Enterprise instead of destroying it right away. But ST2 just didn't work IMO. ST1 felt too much like a SW movie.

The TV shows right now are just cringy.

Paramount has been handling Star Trek properties relatively badly. The animated stuff are mostly ok but these live action films/shows are just.... ugh....

Ok, the last Star Trek movie was enjoyable to me even if I wished they spent more time in the Enterprise instead of destroying it right away. But ST2 just didn't work IMO. ST1 felt too much like a SW movie.

The TV shows right now are just cringy.
I, and several of my friends who are much more hardcore ST fans than I am. would disagree. It's all a matter of opinion.

I and my friends are of the opinion the new shows, ST Disco, ST Lower Decks & Picard, are good and fun to watch. Apparently, your mileage differs.

Neither of us is right or wrong. It's just our opinion, not fact.

ST1 felt too much like a SW movie.
David Gerrold agrees:

https://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2022...j-abrams-star-trek-movies-too-much-star-wars/

But since SW & ST are my top two franchises I don't mind a bit of crossover.

I and my friends are of the opinion the new shows, ST Disco, ST Lower Decks & Picard, are good and fun to watch. Apparently, your mileage differs.

The division over Old Trek vs New Trek is similar to that of Old Who vs New Who.

I, and several of my friends who are much more hardcore ST fans than I am. would disagree. It's all a matter of opinion.

Neither of us is right or wrong. It's just our opinion, not fact.
I think for me it's because there is a level of incompetence of Starfleet in the TV shows have now?

Starfleet for example in this latest season of Discovery:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Generally, I only enjoy parts of Discovery's beginning and end.

Picard has been mostly up and down for me. I am not sure how to think about the implied:
Spoiler Spoiler:

For the movies, part one was ok, but as I said, felt more of a Star Wars movie than a Star Trek one. Part 2 was just weird.... THEY CURED DEATH. Part 3 I enjoyed very much.

Back