All versions of Homelander - 1/6th scale collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think sculpts aren't horrible, but paint looks unusually flat and not detailed enough. Let's see how he looks in person. I think they were sick of this and wanted him out asap. However I can't get why he took so long. I hope they won't rush my Geralt :monkey4 I'll get nasty:monkey1
Screenshot_20230930_023158_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230930_023147_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230930_023136_Instagram.jpg

Yep, after seeing these pics, this will be my first ever cancellation. Those sculpts are indeed exactly as shown in the proto...but with all that time wasted on 0 improvements, this isn't worth the purchase price. I'll gladly eat my NRD. Live and learn.

The SooSoo Homelander has looked bad since the initial prototype images, people seemed to think it looked amazing then (it did not) but now they are dispapointed with it? You basically got exactly what was shown in the prototype (which was already bad).
If I am not mistaken, at that moment, soosoo is the only option for 1/6 homelander. And we thirst for one, because of the boys hype.

Imagine if you're Adam, and the only one beside you wasn't Eve, but maybe let's say lizzo. What you gonna do? Yeah, no other choice but sunk into it

If I am not mistaken, at that moment, soosoo is the only option for 1/6 homelander. And we thirst for one, because of the boys hype.

Imagine if you're Adam, and the only one beside you wasn't Eve, but maybe let's say lizzo. What you gonna do? Yeah, no other choice but sunk into it
Yes people look at figures with rose coloured glasses when it’s their only option.

Same thing with the last of us figures by CC Toys. These figures have some nice qualities to them but they have very cheap bodies, inaccurate accessories and the headsculpts look nothing like the characters. But they were still very respected in the community and when they sold out were selling for over $1000 secondhand.

Now Limtoys hasn’t even announced their 1/6 game figures yet, only given teasers, and everyone is trashing the CCtoys one and their value has plummeted.

I will never get a fig if I do not like it enough. SST were supposed to improve, when they did not. I eat the NRD of PT Homelander because I did not like the body. TE improced on it and I am very happy with the outcome. With SST I only see a body with fixed boots for $170? Yeah, not worth it to me. I will not PO from them again as they should have come up clean about the sculpts and they kept it quiet. B***ds.

The people who got the TE Homelander sculpts to use on Soosoo's figure must be really happy right now, to me they always had the best likeness out of all the 1/6 sculpts available.

Also I understand why a lot of people are unhappy with Soosoo's sculpts but it's not like they are any different than the prototype. When it was announced there was a lot of "it's good enough" comments in regards to the likeness but since then the standards have shifted and TE came out with their version twice.

I think people had built up false expectations in their minds that the delays meant they were improving the figure when they never said anything of the sort. I know they had some issues with production I'm not at liberty to discuss and that's why it took a while to release but in the end they delivered on what they promised with the proto. Yes it would've been spectacular if they had improved the sculpts but it is a very rare thing for companies, especially third parties to invest that much in production, making a new sculpt is not easy.

The people who got the TE Homelander sculpts to use on Soosoo's figure must be really happy right now, to me they always had the best likeness out of all the 1/6 sculpts available.

Also I understand why a lot of people are unhappy with Soosoo's sculpts but it's not like they are any different than the prototype. When it was announced there was a lot of "it's good enough" comments in regards to the likeness but since then the standards have shifted and TE came out with their version twice.

I think people had built up false expectations in their minds that the delays meant they were improving the figure when they never said anything of the sort. I know they had some issues with production I'm not at liberty to discuss and that's why it took a while to release but in the end they delivered on what they promised with the proto. Yes it would've been spectacular if they had improved the sculpts but it is a very rare thing for companies, especially third parties to invest that much in production, making a new sculpt is not easy.
Couldn't have said it any better. People can't have the same expectations for 3rd party companies as they do for Hot Toys or InArt.

IMG_7024.jpeg

Another comparison. Main things sticking out to me are the suit colour. Which I will try to repaint when I get mine. And the shoulder armor(?) things are too big and sculpt isnt entirely accurate but thats a very small nitpick. I might switch them with the ones from my PT 1.0 if the scale of those are better.

I also hope the shade of red of the PT boots matches the SS ones bc I want to get the split cut boots on the SS body.

It was toysera? I thought it was another company who release a 5 head pack, forgot the name... 🤔
Premium Toys is ToysEra but different name. ToysEra is known under tons of different names.

They released another Homelander under the name ToysWorks too. Exactly the same figure as Premium 1.0 but with only one head and the same price as the 5 head one. The people who got that figure were so screwed over lol.

I see...😳
I didn't get it because I'm afraid I won't be able to put it on Soosoo body
Well, they should add some information like: The 5 head will compatible with the body from that other companies, the one that get delayed

I see...😳
I didn't get it because I'm afraid I won't be able to put it on Soosoo body
Well, they should add some information like: The 5 head will compatible with the body from that other companies, the one that get delayed
Well Soosoo and Toysera are different companies so there wouldnt be a reason for them to disclose that.

Would be amazing if TE release a head pack fr. They are going for around $40 each now. Which would make buying the actual TE figure with the aftermarket markup even cheaper than getting all the heads separately

I paid my TNS invoice as I hate loosing deposits.

Will decide in hand, here's hoping TE or someone else capitalises on the opportunity here to release a head or two.

Back