ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like the Masterpiece one they did a couple years ago.. a paint job really brings out the detail of the sculpt. I painted mine up here... think it came out nice.

Last edited:
Pretty nice, right? What's not clear to me though is where all of the back kibble has gone in thos promo shots that's clearly visible when it was on display; either the display figure was mistransformed and the roof & windshield of the car can actually tuck inside the body (which would be awesome and make the figure twice as cool), or Hasbro photoshopped the back kibble out of the promo photos to make the figure look better than it does.

15977611_388898284793938_9176094902024982490_n.jpg

IMG_0147-738x1024.jpg

Could be some parts forming possibly as well?

This new Masterpiece Movie 1 Bumblebee is actually pretty nice. Any info on what the deal is with this guy? A one-off? First in a series of movie masterpieces? It's interesting to see Hasbro use the "Masterpiece" brand and announce something before Takara-Tomy. Really curious to see how he scales with the old Leader-Class "Buster" Prime & Starscream. Source.

TRU had some listings leak, and they did list multiple movie Masterpieces. All with codenames so I have no idea who they are, but it is exciting news nonetheless. These look like the best things to come out of (official) movie toys in a long time. It's also really cool how this is the culmination of ten years of Bumblebee toys, there's DNA of almost every one in there.

Pretty nice, right? What's not clear to me though is where all of the back kibble has gone in thos promo shots that's clearly visible when it was on display; either the display figure was mistransformed and the roof & windshield of the car can actually tuck inside the body (which would be awesome and make the figure twice as cool), or Hasbro photoshopped the back kibble out of the promo photos to make the figure look better than it does.

There's a seamline between the roof and the front window, so I'm guessing that it folds up more than in that showroom pic, and then the front window is layered over it.

Now for something far less exciting: MP-38 is....Beast Commander Convoy. A repaint of MP Optimus Primal in toy/BW2 anime colors, with toy accessoires. Because Takara has such a huge boner for cartoon accuracy right now they had to do it twice, I suppose. :dunno

MP-38-Supreme-Commander-Optimus-Primal-02.jpg

MP-38-Supreme-Commander-Optimus-Primal-04.jpg

MP-38-Supreme-Commander-Optimus-Primal-18.jpg

MP-38-Supreme-Commander-Optimus-Primal-12.jpg

MP-38-Supreme-Commander-Optimus-Primal-13.jpg

MP-38-Supreme-Commander-Optimus-Primal-06.jpg

MP-38-Supreme-Commander-Optimus-Primal-08.jpg

Source:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2017/01/12/mp-38-beast-wars-supreme-commander-optimus-primal-revealed-330916

Where's the back piece to his cannon?

in the 2nd few pics i took... i was wanting to see how he looks w/o the big attachment piece as i kinda like that simple look of it. so i'm debating on what way i want to display him and which version of the cannon i wanna use.

Galvatron looks really good!

thx buddy!

Still waiting for mine to ship :(

Kapow Toys have shared a video of the transformation for MakeToys Jazx on their FB page

https://m.facebook.com/kapowtoys.co.uk/posts/1365691726784353

Looks so good

Neil

thanks! he's worth the wait! this guy is heavy and well built!

TRU had some listings leak, and they did list multiple movie Masterpieces. All with codenames so I have no idea who they are, but it is exciting news nonetheless. These look like the best things to come out of (official) movie toys in a long time. It's also really cool how this is the culmination of ten years of Bumblebee toys, there's DNA of almost every one in there.]
Hey Ra88! Good to know. Will be interesting what comes of this. Takara's original Movie Masterpiece line (Leader-Class & Ultra-Class premium repaints) died a swift death when the 3rd figure in the series was the Ultra-Class Bumblebee who, instead of being half the size of Prime, was twice the size of him. Let's hope scale is a priority this time!

There's a seamline between the roof and the front window, so I'm guessing that it folds up more than in that showroom pic, and then the front window is layered over it.
Hope you're right! Would definitely feel more deserving of the masterpiece name if the window and hood aren't hanging over the figure like a $10 deluxe.

here's the youtube video showing maketoys jazz figure for those not on facebook.

can

not

wait!!!

love how clean and tidy the whole hood, front tires, door cram all together so smooth and neat!

Eligos looks great out of the box, but **** me that transformation is an absolute *****. Sucked all the fun out of the figure and is just way too complicated and frustrating, requiring so much force and bending of plastic that just shouldn't be needed.

IMG_1930b.jpg

IMG_1936b.jpg

IMG_1940b.jpg

He looks great...until I see him next to Andras and then, they just look weird together. I don't care what the size chart says, they just don't compliment each other that well. Any other MP-esque Cyclonus's on the way or are we "stuck" with only this guy for now.

He looks great...until I see him next to Andras and then, they just look weird together. I don't care what the size chart says, they just don't compliment each other that well. Any other MP-esque Cyclonus's on the way or are we "stuck" with only this guy for now.

I think they were wise to go with cartoon accurate scaling. For the most part, Cyclonus was always quite a bit taller than Scourge and the other Decepticons.

01.jpg

01.jpg

Here's my review of the new X-Transbots MX-III Eligos (aka Cyclonus). It looks beautiful out of the box, and the bot mode is very nice, but the transformation sequence is just utter frustration. I have never sworn at a toy as much as this before, and there were many steps where I felt like throwing this in the bin.
XT really need to work on designing intuitive and elegant transformations, not overly complex and frustrating ones.

There is a Fans Toys one coming which is what I'm waiting for
Not seen anything other than silouhettes when Soveriegn was announced but hope they wont be too far off

Neil

I really like my Sovereign, my only complaints are that the alt mode looks like dog poo, and that he probably has just too much diecast? Makes some poses a bit hard, specially in my copy. He's not loose by any means, but sometimes he can not hold a pose because of how heavy he is.

Other than that, an amazing Galvatron. Best one there is by far.

Still can not wait to see Takara's version.

Back