ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iGear's Faith Leader is the best version of the MP01 design, it's a better size and has no diecast and as a result it can hold a wider variety of poses than the original.

The only drawback is that the plastics iGear used are a bit crappy and it's made the toy somewhat fragile which makes reposing a bit scary.

MP10....has a nice truck mode and when all's said and done is just another Prime = YAWN!

You can never have enough Convoy. He's the poster boy for Transformers.
Hope Takara try a Powermaster Ginrai after Magnus.

You can never have enough Convoy. He's the poster boy for Transformers.

I get that but Prime and Bumblebee have been overexposed particularly since Bay made them the leads in his dreadful movies and I really don't give a crap about either any more.

I should be excited at the possibility of Masterpiece Bumblebee but I'm presently about 95% likely to give it a miss as I don't want a little yellow runt with an ugly alt mode lowering the tone of my display.

The only yellow Autobot that really matters to me is Sunstreaker.

EDIT
Shogo Hasui is still with Takara but he, along with his team have been switched to Bayformers for a bit.

MP21 & MP22 ( whatever they are ) will still be his work.

Last edited:
Anyone seen this Optimus? Cute! :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8splXkX2O0[/ame]

iGear's Faith Leader is the best version of the MP01 design, it's a better size and has no diecast and as a result it can hold a wider variety of poses than the original.

The only drawback is that the plastics iGear used are a bit crappy and it's made the toy somewhat fragile which makes reposing a bit scary.

MP10....has a nice truck mode and when all's said and done is just another Prime = YAWN!

I do admit Faith Leader is a nice retool of the MP-01 mold to resize it but you know my final thoughts on it as my experience with my one hasn't been great, & the flimsy plastics really haven't helped, so I was really pleased with the official MP10 resize as it just takes away the issues with the iGear version & I'm nowhere near as scared of touching it as I was the iGear one

I get that but Prime and Bumblebee have been overexposed particularly since Bay made them the leads in his dreadful movies and I really don't give a crap about either any more.

I should be excited at the possibility of Masterpiece Bumblebee but I'm presently about 95% likely to give it a miss as I don't want a little yellow runt with an ugly alt mode lowering the tone of my display.

The only yellow Autobot that really matters to me is Sunstreaker.

EDIT
Shogo Hasui is still with Takara but he, along with his team have been switched to Bayformers for a bit.

MP21 & MP22 ( whatever they are ) will still be his work.

I couldn't agree more with the over saturation of 'Bee
Prime has & always will be the ultimate TF so it makes sense that we will get more & more veriants of him but if I never saw another 'Bee figure (especially the heinous Bay version) I wouldn't miss him.

On the flip side though I do feel that no true G1 display would be complete without one in there somewhere, he is an important part of the original 'toon & to not have him would be almost like not having Starscream.

He has always been an annoying little 'bot but he was the human element in everything
He was the main tie to all the human element in the original cartoon & as painful as it is now back when most of us were under 10 when we first saw it we really needed that & as such he is as important to most as any of the big guns.

I will have him but only to complete the line up.

That's good about Hasui, sad that he's been relegated to Bayformers but the fact that he's still there is enough for me.

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

Neil

soundwave,
What I have to weigh up with MP Bumblebee is whether I want to spend the cost of 2 ( £80 or so ) just for the sake of completing a lineup.

I could divert that cash towards something I really want....there's always something :lol

My other Smokescreen arrived today :yess:

Bit the bullet and finally got the TFC Hercules with rage set.
Set me back about 320 euro's.

IMAG0753_zpsb99e4deb.jpg

Bought a MP-13 Soundwave today, now just waiting for it to ship. Got a MP Streak waiting in my mail box.
Going to be a good arrival back to my apartment.

For as long as I have been collecting transformers, I feel like times they are a changing for me. The MPs are nice, and I'll always have a spot in my heart and collection for some G1, but I've basically decided to start selling most of what I got to help buy me some Hot Toys.

For as long as I have been collecting transformers, I feel like times they are a changing for me. The MPs are nice, and I'll always have a spot in my heart and collection for some G1, but I've basically decided to start selling most of what I got to help buy me some Hot Toys.

Funny, I'm doing the opposite. Hot Toys are getting too expensive for me, though, being poor college student doesn't help much.

soundwave,
What I have to weigh up with MP Bumblebee is whether I want to spend the cost of 2 ( £80 or so ) just for the sake of completing a lineup.

I could divert that cash towards something I really want....there's always something :lol

My other Smokescreen arrived today :yess:

Ah yeah I always forget about the "Roll Out" Display as well ;) :lol
I guess you could forgo him really, may be see how he looks first & then decide if he's important enough.

Lol I know that feeling all too well

Glad to see the other SS arrived safe & sound, still sorry to hear about the Customs fee's those, that's bonkers.
What makes it worse is when you see that Royal Mail have charged you £8 for their services to clear it.
Without that it wouldn't be quite so bad...although £14 is still pretty hefty.

Neil

It is amazing, especially with the reveal parts. Something like this that could actually transform would probably be the grail Optimus for me.

Transforming would be cool but a piece like that is all about robot mode. It's more of a statue than a toy, especially since it's made of metal.

I have read that it's based on the Dreamwave design though. For Optimus experts, what's the difference between the Marvel and Dreamwave design?

Transforming would be cool but a piece like that is all about robot mode. It's more of a statue than a toy, especially since it's made of metal.

I have read that it's based on the Dreamwave design though. For Optimus experts, what's the difference between the Marvel and Dreamwave design?

It's really more of the interpretation than the actual design. Dreamwave heralded the more dynamic, human-like proportions you see all the time in IDW, Masterpiece figures, and whatever else now. Basically a cleaner, more dynamic take on the Sunbow cartoon character models.

Albeit they had some weird, almost Liefeld-esque errors going on, too, if I recall correctly. But it was (mostly) pretty, unlike some of the Marvel art, which was pretty heavily based on the G1 toys. :)

I still have some of the issues... maybe I'll give them a read. Been a long while. :)

ANYWAY... So I got some extra money in my Paypal, decided to finally order a Quakewave. Honestly, not that I'm a "sky is falling now that Hasui is leaving" kind of guy... but that news did finally sway me to bite the bullet and get him. :)

Back