ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took a bit of finetuning but I managed to get a nice balance between Transformers and Hot Toys eg,

Transformers
Takara Masterpieces & the occasional 3rd party release that will fit in.

Hot Toys
Mainly Marvel characters but I'm not a completist ie I don't need every Iron Man armor or every variant costume of characters like Captain America and Thor.

As far as TF's go I'm pretty content whilst the quality of the lines I collect remains where it is. Masterpieces have never been so good and 3rd parties like Fans Toys are stepping up and in some ways beating Takara at their own game.

I get why people are getting bored of HT as if you don't like superheroes there's not really much else to choose from at the moment but as long as I get Rocket Raccoon and Groot from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie I'm not going to give them too much flak.

HT really is great for the Marvel and Batman stuff right now. I shifted my collection focus to Masterpiece Transformers and HT Iron Man and Batman. However, I'm starting to get really burned out on them.

I'm really looking forward the Rocket Raccoon figure myself.

It took a bit of finetuning but I managed to get a nice balance between Transformers and Hot Toys eg,

Transformers
Takara Masterpieces & the occasional 3rd party release that will fit in.

Hot Toys
Mainly Marvel characters but I'm not a completist ie I don't need every Iron Man armor or every variant costume of characters like Captain America and Thor.

As far as TF's go I'm pretty content whilst the quality of the lines I collect remains where it is. Masterpieces have never been so good and 3rd parties like Fans Toys are stepping up and in some ways beating Takara at their own game.

I get why people are getting bored of HT as if you don't like superheroes there's not really much else to choose from at the moment but as long as I get Rocket Raccoon and Groot from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie I'm not going to give them too much flak.

Lol your fine tuning has worked wonders...your HT collection almost rivals your TF's in the awesome stakes :clap:thud:

I am the same in that I try to keep my TF & HT collections going.

I have managed to keep on top of the MP's & stuck well to my small HT collection...mostly Batman but with Jack Sparrow for good measure ;) lol

I currently only have 2 HT pre-orders in the form of Dark World Thor & Robocop (solus no chair for me)
However I am perilously close to pre-ordering the Batman Armoury set with Bruce & Alfred...that's just looking like being too good to pass up, I could sell my current DX12 to help fund it as it comes with another one anyway ;)

My biggest problem though is Sideshow Premium Formats.
Being a massive Batman fan I already have the Joker PF that was released & pre-orders in place for Batman & Harley Quinn so that's around £700 sat there & I could cheerfully spend that again on picking up Poison Ivy & then moving onto the Green Lantern one's but I have to be good, not only that but the space these take up is unbelievable.
Although give me a Robin &(or) Nightwing & everything will go out the window...they are must, must, must haves

I'm also constantly eyeing up the Sideshow 1/6th Batman line & the Star Wars stuff...Grievous & Malgus both look exceptional.

It's such a fine line but for me TF will always be the priority & everything else wil be secondary, I must have all the TF's I can :rotfl

Neil

Hello all, first post here. For Xmas a buddy of mine got me a Masterpiece Acid Storm from TRU. I love transformers but not a collector. My question is since I have a gift receipt should I just return it or is Acid Storm worth keeping. I'll be honest if this was ie Soundwave I would prob consider keeping. Thank you

Hello all, first post here. For Xmas a buddy of mine got me a Masterpiece Acid Storm from TRU. I love transformers but not a collector. My question is since I have a gift receipt should I just return it or is Acid Storm worth keeping. I'll be honest if this was ie Soundwave I would prob consider keeping. Thank you

Only you can answer that. If you like it then keep it if not then return it. Though i always think it's a bit rude to return a gift, especially one as nice as that. Maybe it's just me.

I'm with Racetrack, it's really personal opinion.

I got my one but not sure if I really like him or not, I'm tempted to get him repainted to be one of the proper seekers as the mold is slightly better than the current one's I have or I might just hold on to him to use for some trade fodder down the line.

Honestly though I'd probably just keep it, it's not that bad, could have been worse...could have bought you a Michael Bay inspired Bumblebee instead ;) lol

Neil

If he gave you the receipt, it seems he wasn't 100% sure you would love it, and would be OK if you did return. Like Race says, it's up to you, but if you aren't a collector maybe you should return it and buy a videogame or something.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward returning it, errr TRU is such a hike from my house. It seem like most ppl "like" acid storm, but it's not a "must have". Im more a SW Lego kinda guy, so more Lego it is. Thank you all.

If it was me I'd probably keep it as trade fodder or to sell down the road. Mind you, I AM a collector; if I wasn't, I'd probably just return it.

I passed on Acid Storm for my own collection. Just too obscure for me. I've only got so much space after all! And money...

Jeez. Okay, yeah, I'd buy one for that much.

I think they sold out up here, though.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward returning it, errr TRU is such a hike from my house. It seem like most ppl "like" acid storm, but it's not a "must have". Im more a SW Lego kinda guy, so more Lego it is. Thank you all.

Yeah, that makes it an easier decision, if he paid full price, return it and get a free Y-Wing or Battle of Hoth. Or throw a couple more bucks on the return and get a really big set.

Yeah, that makes it an easier decision, if he paid full price, return it and get a free Y-Wing or Battle of Hoth. Or throw a couple more bucks on the return and get a really big set.

Lego SW IS pretty cool, after all. :)

If only they had done Skywarp instead of Acid Storm... I have zero interest in that character- as to many other TF fans, apparently - and now that he's going on clearance, Hasbro and TRU probably figure we don't want ANY Seekers. :)

Oh well, maybe Takara will come through.

Lego SW IS pretty cool, after all. :)

If only they had done Skywarp instead of Acid Storm... I have zero interest in that character- as to many other TF fans, apparently - and now that he's going on clearance, Hasbro and TRU probably figure we don't want ANY Seekers. :)

Oh well, maybe Takara will come through.

:exactly: Yep, and still holding hope that we will get Skywarp eventually.

hey, look, michael bay dinobots.

1483832_451791881586987_1118894910_o_1389192288.jpg
1518771_451791884920320_953205415_n_1389192288.jpg

Another alleged "insider" has been starting rumors at TFW about MP Galvatron and MP Tracks being released this year.

I've seen so many of these BS rumors in recent months that my default setting is "show me prototype pics or STFU".

Another alleged "insider" has been starting rumors at TFW about MP Galvatron and MP Tracks being released this year.

I've seen so many of these BS rumors in recent months that my default setting is "show me prototype pics or STFU".

I would absolutely love an MP Galvatron, but I don't see him coming out this year. Most of the MP releases are probably going to be carformers like Wheeljack and co...so maybe Tracks is feasible? Although only if he comes with a tiny Raoul and boombox, obviously...

I would absolutely love an MP Galvatron, but I don't see him coming out this year. Most of the MP releases are probably going to be carformers like Wheeljack and co...so maybe Tracks is feasible? Although only if he comes with a tiny Raoul and boombox, obviously...

So far the following are happening this year,

G2 Sideswipe
Soundblaster with Ratbat
Wheeljack
Bumblebee & Ultra Magnus ( not yet confirmed officially )

Star Saber is also coming at some point but I'm not sure if it's meant to be this year.

I also think a repaint of Bluestreak in his Diaclone color scheme will show up as it's another way of getting a bit more use out of the Nissan molds.

Getting the license for Tracks shouldn't be a problem as Hasbro/Takara have an excellent working relationship with GM and if Ultra Magnus happens then Galvatron following not long after would also make sense so the rumors are feasible enough, I just get a bit weary of all the "he tell me" type posts from phony "insiders" at sites like TFW and prefer to wait until actual prototype images surface.

Back