ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MagpieMad, soundwave,
Thanks for the info on Beast Wars, I'll perhaps see if I can watch it online somewhere.

MagpieMad,
At the time I pre-ordered it was quite a bit cheaper to go with the Japanese stores but Kapow's prices have come down quite a bit since then and I'll likely be ordering my Wheeljack's from them.

I ordered 5 of my Nissans with Anime Export and they got through customs OK. It was only because they had a 1 per customer limit on Smokescreen that caused me to use Hobbylink Japan for the other one.

Balrog,
Thanks for posting that link, I've just had a look to see if Amazon UK have it for pre-order and they do so I think I'll pull the trigger. I used to love looking at those images on the back of the packages so it'd be nice to have a book with them in.

I hope everyone has been having a great Christmas!

I've not been collecting MPs that long so I didn't know they're usually cheaper imported. If you are going to order from a UK seller Transbridge Omegalock has a sale on, including MP preorders. And I agree with the other posters, Beast Wars is well worth checking out.

Anyone else order this book?

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...387980901&sr=1-1&keywords=transformers+legacy

I used to spend every spare minute I could when my Mum and I were in Kmart, staring at those G1 boxes, even when (especially when) she said I couldn't have those beautiful toys...

That box art used to give me the nicest dreams!

Thanks for the link Balrog, have seen it's on the UK store & order is in :yess:

MagpieMad, soundwave,
Thanks for the info on Beast Wars, I'll perhaps see if I can watch it online somewhere.

No worries buddy you're welcome
It is well worth a watch if you can find them, I actually think they were released on DVD recently so should be fairly cheap to find.

thecorsair said:
I hope everyone has been having a great Christmas!

It's been pretty good today thanks, hope you've had a good one??

I actually scored quite well on the TF front.

My brother surprised me massively by getting me the 3rd party Top Spin & Twin Twist :yess:

My parents then picked me up the HC 30th Anniversary Graphic Novel which is surprisingly cool...

Features a load of reprints of classic issues which is nice...

Happy Christmas everyone :duff

Neil

I don't even know whether the BW cartoon made it here or not, all I really remember was series 1 & 2 and the '86 movie so perhaps a fellow Brit can help out there?

Glad you like the tapes, I like the fact that Ravage has a seperate stage just for his nose :lol

I got a ransom note from ParcelFarce this morning informing me I have to pay £22 to release my other Smokescreen, the one I ordered from Hobbylink Japan :gah:

Yikes, that sucks. That's gotta be more than half the value! :(

Still... Merry Christmas everyone!

Yikes, that sucks. That's gotta be more than half the value! :(

Still... Merry Christmas everyone!

Yeah, it's annoying as I always seem to end up paying customs charges on fairly small packages, even my HT Iron Monger got through OK but whatever, it's not ruined my Christmas and I at least know my other Smokescreen is in the country.

soundwave,
My Christmas has been decent so far, congrats on getting the Mech Ideas Wrecking Crue, they're great!

The book looks decent as well, I recognise the pages from the early IDW G1 story as I have the TPB.

MagpieMad,
I think I'll check that site out, thanks for mentioning it!

soundwave,
My Christmas has been decent so far, congrats on getting the Mech Ideas Wrecking Crue, they're great!

The book looks decent as well, I recognise the pages from the early IDW G1 story as I have the TPB.

Glad it was a good one buddy.
Thanks for the congrats they look awesome in the packaging, will get them opened one day

I did do something amazing today & made some use of my time while Chloe was asleep & Katie was watching the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland (which isn't too bad to be honest) & got the gang altogether...

Can't believe how amazing these 3 are, I am seriously blown away, they are simply on another level of quality.
Only issue I have is how fiddly it is to get Smokescreens cannons to stay on his shoulders, the don't sit quite right on mine & look a little cocked, other than that they are some of the best figures I've ever owned

Neil

Everyone get their Christmas wishes? I got a couple HT figures, but hadn't asked for any TF stuff, so was pleasantly surprised to find all 3 of the Generations triple changers in a box. Didn't need them, but glad my wife took notice that I liked them. :lol

Thanks for the congrats they look awesome in the packaging, will get them opened one day

I did do something amazing today & made some use of my time while Chloe was asleep & Katie was watching the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland (which isn't too bad to be honest) & got the gang altogether...

Can't believe how amazing these 3 are, I am seriously blown away, they are simply on another level of quality.
Only issue I have is how fiddly it is to get Smokescreens cannons to stay on his shoulders, the don't sit quite right on mine & look a little cocked, other than that they are some of the best figures I've ever owned

Neil

I need to get on tracking down the nissans, your pics are great. :clap

Nice pics Neil! :clap

How did you find the transformations?

Thanks man.

I thought they were a little tough to begin with (I started with Prowl) but once I got the hang of it the other 2 were a breeze.

Changing them back was pretty fiddly though & seperating the legs killed my thumb (The bit when you pull the rear wing away from the rear window...if that makes sense?) but other than that they weren't too bad & I was clearly worried for no reason ;)

Everyone get their Christmas wishes? I got a couple HT figures, but hadn't asked for any TF stuff, so was pleasantly surprised to find all 3 of the Generations triple changers in a box. Didn't need them, but glad my wife took notice that I liked them. :lol

Yeah pretty much I didn't really ask for anything but the missus got me the DC Bombshell Harley Quinn statue & my bro came up trumps by getting me the Mech Ideas Top Spin & Twin Twist :yess::yess:

Other than that just the usual stuff :)

Nice get on the Triple Changers, thinking I might have to get the generations Springer to go with TS & TT so that I can start with a proper wreckers :)

I need to get on tracking down the nissans, your pics are great. :clap

Thanks buddy, glad you like them & yes I suggest you get started...they are so so so worth it :)

Neil

Thanks man.

I thought they were a little tough to begin with (I started with Prowl) but once I got the hang of it the other 2 were a breeze.

Changing them back was pretty fiddly though & seperating the legs killed my thumb (The bit when you pull the rear wing away from the rear window...if that makes sense?) but other than that they weren't too bad & I was clearly worried for no reason ;)

Neil

Getting the chest locked in properly was the most annoying bit for me on all 3.

I ordered a Smokescreen coin off ebay today and will pay the customs charge on my other one online during the weekend so I should get that early next week.

Nice get on the Triple Changers, thinking I might have to get the generations Springer to go with TS & TT so that I can start with a proper wreckers :)

Neil

Watch target.com, they've had him at 11.99 for awhile, hes back up again, but hes the one of the three triples changers they mark down very often.

1505074_10202046677501557_36023465_n.jpg

Anyone interested in these for $50 shipped? Id be interested in trading them for Rhinox and Waspinator.

Getting the chest locked in properly was the most annoying bit for me on all 3.

I ordered a Smokescreen coin off ebay today and will pay the customs charge on my other one online during the weekend so I should get that early next week.

Yeah that was a bit of a pain as well.

You just reminded me I need to score a coin myself now.

Watch target.com, they've had him at 11.99 for awhile, hes back up again, but hes the one of the three triples changers they mark down very often.

Thanks for the info...do you know if they ship to the UK?

Had a go at the Wrecker brothers today & took some pics of Top Spin & Twin Twist...

Suitably impressed with the pair, for a 3rd party offering they are pretty much spot on, have a pretty good quality feel about them & the likeness is really good.

Just need some more of the wreckers now.

Neil

Neil

Sweet pics man! Do you have a favorite out of the three?

Here's a link to my blog article on the MP Nissan trio! Hope you can check it out :)

https://www.koolkollectibles.net/2013/12/takara-transformers-masterpiece-mp-17.html

Sweet will check it out.

Sweet pics man! Do you have a favorite out of the three?

Thanks buddy, I was actually really pleased with the pics, mine are normally really poor but these actually turned out well for a change ;) lol

It's hard to decide tbh they are all so awesome but I suppose Prowl would be top if I simply HAD to choose one :)

Here's a link to my blog article on the MP Nissan trio! Hope you can check it out :)

https://www.koolkollectibles.net/2013/12/takara-transformers-masterpiece-mp-17.html

Nice will have a peek at that later.

Neil

Hi there buddies. I was wondering if you know how to determine a KO MP15 / MP16 (Soundwave tapes) or MP19 (Smokescreen) from the original?

I bought all 3 in Hong Kong, and they're very cheap, but can't tell if they're KO because I don't see any posts here about them.
Here are some photos:
408467174.jpg

408467173.jpg

408466656.jpg

408466636.jpg

408466628.jpg

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am bummed the Takara re-issue of grimlock with the sword isn't anything special. The sword and crown are separate boxes and some retailers are breaking them up to sell separate.

Def. not worth plopping down another $220 for the same figure. It's just a lame way to sell off the re-issue.

Good for people who don't have the Takara I guess.

Back