ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though G1 was was often suspect, I wouldn't say Grimmy is in scale with any MP figures.

img20060508130446.jpg

I'm not entirely dissuaded by the size difference, although that was the main reason I didn't buy the Toys R Us release a few years ago, Grim was just far to small compared to MP 1 (which I had at the time). Honestly, the thing that is keeping me away from this new re-release is the $200 price tag. If Hasbro sees fit to release him again (as well as Starscream please) then I'll pick him up seeing as he would be about $130 or so.

I am still holding out hope that all Dinobots get released, whether next year or 5 years from now is fine by me.

Last edited:
Looking at those scales could you imaging the size & cost of an inscale MP Jetfire :thud::thud:

Grimlock does look pretty big in the scale pics.
Are there any comparisons online between the MP10 & MP08 molds?

My MP08 is in storage & I've not had my MP10 out the box yet :slap:slap to do it myself

Neil

I think they are pretty close to the same size in robot mode.

I know the scales are all over the place, but it's nice Takara is making an effort to keep them somewhat in scale. Jetfire and Grimlock would be HUGE (and EXPENSIVE) if the scale was followed to a T, so I'm okay if they are a little smaller than the scale. Either way, I would hope they'd be at least a half inch to an inch taller than Prime.

The scale charts are a load of bollocks, half the time the animators at Sunbow didn't even stick to them from one scene to the next so the fact they're now being used by some as this unquestionable bench mark for the Masterpiece line post reboot is questionable to say the least.

Besides which, MP08 and MP10 do work....IF you consider their scaling to be based on some of the original G1 comics as they were often depicted as being of a similar size.

Failing that just put Grimlock on an acrylic riser to raise him a couple inches, stand a few smaller characters in front to obscure his legs and you get the same effect.

You could even remove MP10 from the equation entirely and use Faith Leader, that's the approach I took as I can't stand MP10's robot mode.

If Grimlock 2.0 was made to the same scale as the Almighty Scale Bible the pricing would surpass anything else we've seen so far and cause even more whining than we already get from skint/cheapskate fans with entitlement issues.

I also think any expectations of a complete set of MP Dinobots from Takara are unrealistic unless they suddenly become REALLY popular in Japan. Aside from Grimlock, they don't seem to give a crap about them.

At present a new Masterpiece Hot Rod is more likely from Takara than a new Grimlock or more Dinobots.

Idk.. it's not so far out of scale that it's a huge issue.. Not like Mp-01 and 02 compared to like Lambor.

Lambor comes about to Grimlocks waist.. so it's fine in my book. I don't see a re-tooling as a massive need.

Either way, I'd like it if Grimlock was a bit bigger, or if the price point was $50 less than the reissue. I still may pick it up as I love the character.

As for Takara getting around to all the Dinobots, I think at this point anything is possible if this line continues for the foreseeable future. But what do I know?

And, yes please on a MP Hot Rod. Not a Rodimus/HR combo again, just Hot Rod.

i was fortunate to purchase the first release of Grimlock through my local comic store for $120 when they were clearing out their over stock.

I got my Bovis a week ago and can't wait to get the rest. This is by far the best combiner to date.

Last edited:
So Bovis finally touched down via BBTS. Very impressed like everyone else :)

null_zps893f9949.jpg

null_zps6c32130e.jpg

Everything about it screams quality.

null_zps1b31dcd5.jpg

I'm not going to transform him until i have the full set.

null_zpsc1db8d97.jpg

I think he matches up well scale and quality wise with my MP's
My Decepticons are missing a leader though...I hope Takara hurry up and release a Megs v2 or Galvatron...

Here's another. Just can't get enough of this guy :D Painted the barrels around his legs silver to bring out the detail.

null_zps4623e92f.jpg

Anyone else have issue putting his guns in his hands? Decided to peg them to his legs instead as they didn't fit right :/

Has anyone here ordered the upgrade canon kits for prowl or bluestreak? Just curious as to if these are worth it.

Are MMC fans of old British sitcom "Hi-De Hi" as there was a character in that called Ted Bovis?

Or do they just like wholemeal bread?

I won't be getting a couple of the extra missile launchers for my Nissans....assuming the asthmatic slug that AE appear to have employed as their slower shipping service ever gets mine to me.

If it had been a set of two and the correct color for Bluestreak ( red ) I would probably have picked some up as more options for him would have been nice but it's not like I'll ever display Prowl with his stock launchers deployed so there's no point me getting the extra ones.

Back