ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a TF Prime Wheeljack head set and the Classics Hound/Ravage weapons set. Both were made from the kind of plastic used for model kits, which is great for detail, but not too durable...

I don't know. It was okay for the weapons set, I suppose (they're pretty thick), but when I tried to screw the head sculpt in the soft plastic wouldn't take the screw. I suppose it's salvageable but I was kind of annoyed.

Having only bought swords from him, I can atleast those are very sturdy and well made.

Hi bros. Have you heard of the KO/Bootleg MP16? I saw a lot for sale in one of our famous markets, it's retailing at only US$25.

The box says Frenzy & Buzzsaw, but it's really Rumble & Buzzsaw if you look at the paint scheme:
1381544_537606392991428_977188968_n.jpg

Hi bros. Have you heard of the KO/Bootleg MP16? I saw a lot for sale in one of our famous markets, it's retailing at only US$25.

The box says Frenzy & Buzzsaw, but it's really Rumble & Buzzsaw if you look at the paint scheme:
1381544_537606392991428_977188968_n.jpg

Wow, more MP knockoffs. Yet another reason to get in on the ground floor when these are released!

BTW, Rumble was blue in the cartoon, but the original toy was named Frenzy, and vice versa.

Masterpiece Prowl Review.​

10435215305_0ec2d8c46a.jpg
10435210376_14dbf8e658.jpg

Quality Control:
Not too happy. There's a noticeable paint chip on Prowl's right brow. There are also some minor paint dings on the other parts which are acceptable for a mass produced item. But the chip on the brow is unacceptable. Fortunately I could probably repair it with some paint touch up but frankly for a masterpiece I shouldn't have to go through the trouble of hunting for the right colour at a hobby store finding a suitable brush. Not everyone is a customizer with tools readily availble.

On to the better stuff.

Car Mode:
It's a Datsun. It's as good as a Datsun will get. It's no Lamborghini that's for sure, but it looks like an accurate Datsun 280ZX which is what the cartoon car mode is based on albeit less accurately with a 1980s aesthetic. So top marks!

Transformation:
Not very good. In all my years of owning masterpieces, I never had this much trouble transforming an MP robot. Okay, I never did own the finnicky MP Megatron, but the transformation of all the other MPs felt more intuitive. This is coming from a guy who never owned a G1 Prowl as a kid so I guess I'm new to this as I believe this Prowl has a similar transformation to the G1 toy. Anyway, the upper torso gave me the most grief. My main complaint is the transformation often requires you to use your fingers to squeeze/knead at some plastic pieces to release another plastic piece out of its tab to move into a new position. It's not intuitive at all and a couple of times I could have broken stuff if I were a bit more hasty. The feet were easy. Overall I can't say I really enjoyed transforming Prowl.

Robot Mode:
This is where it's at! It looks like the cartoon Prowl. The proportions are great, just check out the photos I included. The head sculpt is better than sideswipe. And I just wished they painted MP10's eyes like that. That being said, it is faaaar from perfect. In particular, the hollow legs and backpack. Truth be told, the hollow legs don't bother me that much. It doesn't look too bad. But the backpack annoys me a little. Why? Well because I feel that Takara could have and should have gone the extra step to let us compress the backpack a little more the way it was possible with Generations Jazz (See picture below). Right now it is sticking out and looks not as nice as it could have from the side. It's not terrible. But it could have been soo much better and I wished Takara paid that extra bit of attention. That's my only complaint. Other than that it's a great robot!

10435854446_0638d48de3.jpg
10435937186_fcdee528fc.jpg

Summary:
I demand from my transformers: a great kibble free robots mode, great vehicle mode and great transformation. In that order of priority. You give me a great robot mode, I'm a happy collector. A great robot and car mode, I start waxing lyrical about how the manufacturing process has improved our toy tech. Add in an intuitive transformation process and I'll be buying a second toy.*

Prowl has a poor transformation process but an excellent car mode and robot mode except for that backpack issue. So is this the greatest MP? Nope. My favourite two are still Grimlock and Optimus. But if this is the standard we can expect if we have any hopes of getting more of the G1 cartoon characters, then we are in for some good times.

Surely the transformation of MP Prowl cant be more frustrating that the transformation of MP Rodimus. I absolutely hate transforming MP-9 Rodimus unless I really feel a group shot is needed in alt mode. Otherwise it just aint worth the frickin time, even with the v2 I have!!

Surely the transformation of MP Prowl cant be more frustrating that the transformation of MP Rodimus. I absolutely hate transforming MP-9 Rodimus unless I really feel a group shot is needed in alt mode. Otherwise it just aint worth the frickin time, even with the v2 I have!!

I wouldn't compare the two. Rodimus is hell itself.

Prowl is not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

egutereb.jpg

Anyone else seen this? Is this mp scale?

Man, I'm giving up in takara ever doing G.

An official Galvatron is inevitable as after Megatron V2 it's the most viable option Takara have for a new large scale Decepticon mold.

If Ultra Magnus does end up being MP22 it's likely that Galvatron will get bumped up the release schedule.

That 3rd party Galvatron is nice, but doesn't really look like the animation model so it would be a poor substitute for the real thing.

egutereb.jpg

Anyone else seen this? Is this mp scale?

Man, I'm giving up in takara ever doing G.

Yeah, I'd listen to thecorsair and hold off on that. Galvatron seems pretty likely at this point with the release of Ultra Magnus. Has Takara Tomy officially announced him yet? As for Galvatron, the only thing holding him back that I can see is how TT would repackage him to get some money back into developing the mold. Wasn't MP-05 a huge loss for them?

I doubt it.

Even if there's not an official one another 3rd party is likely to have a go at the character and I'd like to think that somebody would do a better job than....that.

If I recall rightly Fans Toys expressed an intrest in doing Skyfire so I'm happy to wait & see as they're the only 3rd party that's got somewhere close to the Takara aesthetic so far.

I doubt it.

Even if there's not an official one another 3rd party is likely to have a go at the character and I'd like to think that somebody would do a better job than....that.

If I recall rightly Fans Toys expressed an intrest in doing Skyfire so I'm happy to wait & see as they're the only 3rd party that's got somewhere close to the Takara aesthetic so far.

this one is suppose to be MP quality...ABS plastic and Diecast...figure looks like cartoon Skyfire to me...

Back