ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of TF goodness with Cyclonus, Inferno, and Grapple - they look awesome!!! Please Gigapower change Sludge's head sculpt to look more like the G1 toy and round out the dino head instead of being angular.

Capture.JPG

Confession...seeing all these G1/G2 reveals got me on the kick and I've been watching all the old G1 cartoons LOL. I'm just finished the Starscreams ghost episode from G2.

I wish they'd go back and re-do the G1 cartoon with better graphics and a slightly updated storyline. I say "slightly updated" because I wouldn't want a complete divorce from the original, just a bit modernized.

Interesting... I imagine I will still wait for an official one, but like you say, options are always good! :)

As usual, XTransbots' stuff LOOKS amazing, but I will likely hold off on Inferno & co. It's really too bad they can't get their quality up to match the designs, but hey, it seems to be working for them.

^ Beast mode! Want it but not willing to spend $600+ on another Devestator. Ill prob go the Takara CW route for now. And if we ever get an official TT Devs Ill def pick him up.

MMC Ravage = Will definitely buy as the scale of the jaguar mode will be more like the Ravage I remember from the original comics.

MMC Inferno = I'm leaning towards this one over the XTransbots version as I trust their build quality more.

XTransbots Cyclonus = Like everything else this company have revealed recently I think it looks fantastic but am unsure whether I want to get into the characters from the '86 movie and onwards as I don't have the same level of nostalgia for them.

Toyworld Devastator = Pass. I'm not put off by the price, I just don't think the aesthetic of either the individual robots or the combined robot fits the MP style so there's no reason for me to drop the cash on it.

Yeah, those Xtransbots figures look great, but I'm not sure I am willing to accept something that is Apollyon level of quality for any character outside of Megatron.

Even though both Hot Rod and Shockwave look great, my beef with both is that with Shockwave's huge upper body, he's got two skinny legs to support it. He doesn't look proportionate.
Those top-down photos skew his body proportions. From a more flattering angle, he's actually impressively close to the cartoon.

shockwave.jpg

Takara should increase the width on the side of his lower legs.
Takara's already doing some amazing things to add width to the legs in robot mode, considering how thin they have to be to form the handle in gun mode:
FIGURE-014210_12.jpg

FIGURE-014210_09.jpg

And compared to the scrawny legs of the G1 toy, it's a HUGE improvement.

27142366d1264877637-shockwave-repair-g1-shockwave.jpg

As for Hot Rod, he looks too skinny. In the cartoon, he always looked more of a stocky and buffed robot.
You're not wrong! But the proportions of these figures can so rarely be a dead ringer for the cartoon model, given that they have to actually adhere to the laws of physics when transforming. In my opinion, while Hot Rod's proportions are not ideal, they're no worse than say the beloved Masterpiece Sideswipe, whose proportions aren't even in the same ballpark as his cartoon model. Because if they were, it'd make for one strange Lamborghini.

8438cb4938d95c7a3e8d6c1b80ae788f.jpg

reduced-image_4476_106.jpg

Yeah, those Xtransbots figures look great, but I'm not sure I am willing to accept something that is Apollyon level of quality for any character outside of Megatron.

I gave them some slack with Apollyon as it looks so good in robot mode and I never intended on transforming it but for figures like Windcharger, Beachcomber & Tailgate I'll be waiting for in hand reports before deciding.

Here's a review of the final production version of MMC Mirage,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnulgDTsnQQ

Yup.

Problem is, they know they can get away with it, so I doubt it's gonna get any better. They've had plenty of chances to "get it right"... which I guess is subjective, but you guys know what I mean. :)

They've got a knack for doing characters in MP form that haven't been done by any other company, and they've been lucky in that regard so far, but I'm happy to wait until Takara, FansToys or BadCube does these guys, I think. And like Corsair, I don't have nearly the amount of nostalgia for the movie/season three guys, so I could probably live without them, worse case scenario. :)

Back