ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: All things transformers!!!!

Got my Cubex Huff today, awesome figure!

I know what people mean when they say the build quality isn't quite up to current MP standards... and I stress current, because he's a lot more solid than Rodimus, or even maybe Grimlock in some areas... Very impressive figure though, highly recommended!

Also got the Japanese G1 series on DVD, finally. Would like to watch them soon, but I'm still about halfway through rewatching season three on Netflix. I'd like to do it all in sequence, but I really want to get a feel for this Star Saber guy before preorders come up!

Wow, that is an... interesting design!

Never heard of this series, but cool that this is happening for ya! :)

"Star Fleet" was called "X Bomber" in Japan, I'm not sure if it was ever imported to the USA.

Like the various Gerry Anderson series it was made using a combination of models & puppets ( and a bloke in a costume for the closeups of Dai-X smashing stuff ) and was also heavily influenced by Star Wars and anime, the Dai-X robot and other vehicles were all designed by manga/anime legend Go Nagai.

It only lasted 24 episodes as a fire at the animation studio destroyed virtually all the models, puppets and sets but it always stood out to me, even as a youngster as it seemed edgier than the likes of Thunderbirds and the ongoing story was pretty good.

The theme tune also helped as it was kickass.

Originally written by Paul Bliss of the Moody Blues but Brian May and friends ( including Eddie Van Halen ) performed it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GFU5ncKhU

Obviously a bit cheesy by today's standards but for a 5 year old kid who was obsessed with Star Wars it was perfect for Saturday mornings. Dai-X was also the first giant robot I ever saw ( and a combiner too! ) as it was 2-3 years before Transformers happened.

Congrats on recieving Huff, did you have any trouble unscrewing the faceplate on yours?

toyfare is next week. RUMORS ABOUND!

generations arcee, chromia, megatron, and jetfire sopposidly incomming.

I'm down for Bucket Head, not too sure on Jetfire.

I'm more excited for the movie toys in both the main line and in Generations, even more interested to see how both will sell come movie time.

toyfare is next week. RUMORS ABOUND!

generations arcee, chromia, megatron, and jetfire sopposidly incomming.

Let's see,

Arcee = The iGear one will do until Takara or more likely,a 3rd party does a proper Masterpiece.

Chromia = Couldn't care less.

Jetfire = With Daca Toys and Fans Toys both set to release Skyfire during 2014 will anyone even care about a Hasbro one?

Megatron = Will inevitably be based on his latest IDW look = YAWN!

If anyone is still looking for a Hasbro MP Soundwave, I am thinking about selling my MISB one.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

"Star Fleet" was called "X Bomber" in Japan, I'm not sure if it was ever imported to the USA.

Like the various Gerry Anderson series it was made using a combination of models & puppets ( and a bloke in a costume for the closeups of Dai-X smashing stuff ) and was also heavily influenced by Star Wars and anime, the Dai-X robot and other vehicles were all designed by manga/anime legend Go Nagai.

It only lasted 24 episodes as a fire at the animation studio destroyed virtually all the models, puppets and sets but it always stood out to me, even as a youngster as it seemed edgier than the likes of Thunderbirds and the ongoing story was pretty good.

The theme tune also helped as it was kickass.

Originally written by Paul Bliss of the Moody Blues but Brian May and friends ( including Eddie Van Halen ) performed it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GFU5ncKhU

Obviously a bit cheesy by today's standards but for a 5 year old kid who was obsessed with Star Wars it was perfect for Saturday mornings. Dai-X was also the first giant robot I ever saw ( and a combiner too! ) as it was 2-3 years before Transformers happened.

Sounds cool - I have no idea if it aired in North America, though. Might have, but I was probably a bit too young...

Congrats on recieving Huff, did you have any trouble unscrewing the faceplate on yours?

Argh, I really need to read up on figures before I fiddle with them. Is that a problem?

I, of course, changed the faceplate as soon as I opened it. No problems doing so as far as I could tell...

Total change
I can't remember the exact details but the abridged reason is...

The Japanese weren't happy with how the US series went after seaon 3 (i.e. the 3 Headmaster episodes that ended the TF cartoon in the west) so decided to pretend that doesn't happen & instead carried on by themselves with the Headmaster series.

After that they then did 2 more full seasons in the form of Masterforce & Victory (which introduced Powermasters & Pretenders)
After that there is one last episode called Scramble City, this was meant to be the last ever series but it was canned after just the one episode

Everything is worth seeing IMO but don't go in expecting too much.

HTH

Neil

Are you sure about Scramble City? It took place between G1 season two and the movie... I always assumed it was produced around that time.

Also, it seems like more of a marketing type commercial/one-shot sort of deal...

Hey all, does anyone here keep their Masterpiece collector cards in trading card holders? If so, can anyone tell me the size/thickness needed?

When I search on trading card holders, they talk about thickness (eg. 55pt, 75pt 120pt etc). Are the Takara cards around 55pt thickness? Are the width/height (2.5" x 3.5") the same as standard trading cards?

Any help would be appreciated!

Nope! they won't
Heh. Here's Hasbros Leader Jetfire.
1601542_634571313275479_766984309_n.jpg

Okay, it's not a 100% match for G1, but...**** it, that thing looks rock solid and a perfect modern take on the G1 character. Can't wait to own it. :rock

I'm guessing that leader Megatron is confirmation that MP Megatron v2 IS coming and that he's a gun as well. At leader size he'll be as tall as MP OP v2, and with Generations being a collectors line it could be a way for Hasbro to give those same collectors a good alternative to something they won't be able to sell.

I admit that jetfire is pretty good. But will it be as good as Fans Toys? Seeing what an incredible job they did with Shockwave, and knowing Hasbro's quality.......

I admit that jetfire is pretty good. But will it be as good as Fans Toys? Seeing what an incredible job they did with Shockwave, and knowing Hasbro's quality.......

Honestly, it all depends on what you want. If you want pure G1 and something that will be in scale with MPs, FansToys will be the direction to go. This is just a really good toy for those of us who are collecting Classics. Masterpiece, not so much, or you have to like the look of it and not be bothered that it'll be as big as Optimus.

Statiss: Off to a good start! Those two really are terrific. :D

Heh. Here's Hasbros Leader Jetfire.
View attachment 92991

Pretty good, but based on what's been seen of the Daca Toys prototype and what's likely to come from Fans Toys there'll be no contest, why have what will ultimately be 3rd best when two virtually perfect versions are on the horizon?

$50 will also translate into £50 UK retail which will mean anything up to £100 once the scalpers get done, maybe more and I'm not spending that sort of money on any Hasbro Transformer as nothing about their quality justifies it.

Back