ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumors came about last week that TRU is going to release MP Sunstorm at some point this year. Read it over at TFW from a TRU employee who found the listing in the system. Not sure why they can't do starscream or even skywarp.

Hasbro released Megatron as a gun not too far back, I can see them doing it again.
Yeah, brightly colored sci-fi nerf guns are fine.

Well it appears Takara don't really mind what they turn Megatron into these days as a few pics have surfaced of a brand new direction for him & this time he's moving into the world of Retro Video Games & now he's Sega's ultimate home console in the form of the Mk1 Megadriver :rotfl

1391912488_1391907239208.jpg

1391912488_Bf_zAQnCQAAQH8F.jpg

1391912488_Bf_0sRoCIAE9zis.jpg

Optimus Prime better be a Super Famicom!! :rotfl

Neil
How funny. I would probably get one of those.

What does the sega genesis turn into? :lol
The Mega Drive is the Japanese version of the Genesis. I'm sure the real console is used to show folks what the real deal looks like.

Rumors came about last week that TRU is going to release MP Sunstorm at some point this year. Read it over at TFW from a TRU employee who found the listing in the system. Not sure why they can't do starscream or even skywarp.
LOL I just saw some Acid Storms warming shelves a few days ago.

Hasbro released Megatron as a gun not too far back, I can see them doing it again.

The only reason that got made was because it looked like a Nerf gun, not a realistic Walther P38.

It also looked nothing like G1 Megatron even when Takara gave it a better paintjob.

In 30 years of Transformers there has been one decent fully transforming G1 Megatron toy....Toyworld's Hegemon.

If the V2 Masterpiece steals some ideas from that and improves a few things I think there'll finally be a G1 Megatron worth owning.

The lack of a US version would be too bad for the cheapskates that demand everything "Wal-Mart cheap" but that's what Hasbro's mass market junk is there for.
( And I'm not saying all US collectors are like that, but there are some, just as there are in my part of the world.)

soundwave,
Takara have always been an innovator. They think outside the box.

In recent years we've seen them make Transformers that turn into an MP3 player & headphones, shoes, baseball caps, and Disney characters so console-formers are just another example of this.

Such experiments tend to be side projects at best, it's not like they're giving Masterpieces new alt modes just for the sake of it.

franpincho,
Not yet.

How funny. I would probably get one of those.

I think I'll be getting one being a huge retro gamer it encompasses two great loves...gaming & TF's so I definitely need one ;)

Someone actually said that Soundwave might have been a better idea than Megatron though.
The cassette's could have been Controllers & Game cartridges then :)

Neil

I think I'll be getting one being a huge retro gamer it encompasses two great loves...gaming & TF's so I definitely need one ;)

Someone actually said that Soundwave might have been a better idea than Megatron though.
The cassette's could have been Controllers & Game cartridges then :)

Neil
Yeah, that would make more sense if they wanted to go all out and do additional figures. But Megs is a marquee name, and this way they don't have to invest R&D on a Ravage that transforms into Sonic the Hedgehog or whatever.

I don't know. I actually really like the MP figure, despite the skinny legs and space rust. Aesthetically, I prefer it to Hegemon.

Fair enough, I actually owned it briefly but only had it on display for a week because it couldn't hold any decent poses for more than a few seconds without toppling over and I resold it within the month.

It is also the only Transformer I have owned that I've never transformed....I did about 2 stages before abandoning it as I was convinced something would break.

EDIT
Just read a post from a Fans Toys guy at TFW and he said this about their Skyfire,

They knew about the Hasbro Leader Class version last year.

FT's will be bigger and more cartoon accurate.

FT's Skyfire was originally going to follow Quakewave.

The Daca Toys release isn't changing FT's plans and it's up to the fans to decide which one is best.

I transformed him once. And though he seems flimsy and unbalanced, I've actually never had Megs take a shelf dive, and I had him on display most of the time I owned him. But I can see how it could have easily happened.

All things transformers!!!!

My mp Megs is on a wall, gun mode with the attachments (don't remember the third party that release those) and it gets compliments all the time by friends. It looks pretty nice that way.

Robot mode it's not that bad, but I am afraid of transforming that dude EVER again.

Did that with rodimus (transform him more than once) and the arm broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I transformed him once. And though he seems flimsy and unbalanced, I've actually never had Megs take a shelf dive, and I had him on display most of the time I owned him. But I can see how it could have easily happened.

I think the problem was the fusion cannon as it was too big and it caused major issues with how the figure balanced. I only ever wanted to pose it with the arm raised as if he was firing the cannon but could never get it to stay upright for long and in the end I lost patience with it.

I have since seen images where people have resolved this by using a fusion cannon from the G1 toy which works suprisingly well but obviously the figure still doesn't work with the newer scale so I'm happy enough to wait for the V2.

Even with recent improvements I'm somewhat sceptical about how the main issue with the first Masterpiece Megatron ( the skinny legs ) can be resolved without making compromises to the gun mode.

The obvious answer is to do what Hegemon did and make the gun handle a bit too chunky which would be fine as the robot mode should always take priority but maybe Takara's designers will blow us all away again.

Look at MP Laserbeak and Ravage, nobody thought they'd incorporate the weapons without partsforming yet they managed it even with so little space to work with.

I think we've seen hints of a solution with some of the MP car feet. If you have a couple of hinges, you can take something relatively flat, and make it look thicker. Particularly with how blocky G1 Megs' legs are, I think this solution could work well.

I think we've seen hints of a solution with some of the MP car feet. If you have a couple of hinges, you can take something relatively flat, and make it look thicker. Particularly with how blocky G1 Megs' legs are, I think this solution could work well.

You could be onto something there, as long as there weren't any gaps his legs could be made to look solid even if they actually weren't.

In Takara I trust....even with Shogo Hasui being switched to Bayformers for a bit.

I've previously shown little intrest in Masterpiece Triple Changers as I thought they'd prove too tricky to retain the relatively clean looking robot modes of G1 as a physical object can't magically make bits disappear like the animation models.

Then I saw this custom Astrotrain,
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/321905-de-real-transworks-mp-astrotrain.html

Looks to me like that custom retains the essential transforming logic of the G1 toy. An incredibly impressive piece.

It's easily the best attempt at a MP style Triple Changer I've seen and it shows that Astrotrain can work if he's made large enough.

As an official one isn't that likely perhaps it's something Fans Toys could look at once they've done the Dinobots?

I'm actualy thinking more along the lines of the new Seeker heads. The sides collapse inward for the transformation compression, and are spring loaded to pop out when exposed. same thing could be done with meg's upper thighs.

Well I went ahead and ordered a YOH MP-10 from BBTS as it was getting down to less than 30, but it looks like they have a little more on order now. They have around 55 ish last I checked.

As mentioned in case of possible v2 megatron, it might help if he wouldn't have to transform to be exactly like genuine walther in gun mode. I for one hope, that they would keep the gun mode. Though how can custom officials etc. in US be so riled because of the gun mode, if he is transformed into a bot form in the box and the box art would clearly show the bot form as well? Actually it has also made more difficult to send gun parts etc. via post in finland as well (even gun looking toys). It is just ridiculous how far some people try to push all the safety measures.

Back